3% 

AM logo

Post New Thread Reply   

KrazyKat
Old 05-29-2022 , 14:27   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
you could just... not participate and keep your thoughts to yourself if you're so riled up over this.
Why not? I have an opinion like others, and I can voice them as well on this forum. Instead, you're going off-topic and not being censored by asherkin.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2022 , 12:29   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #12

The people complaining about the logo changes every year are the only ones who see the whole thing as a "political agenda." As a straight man myself, I've never seen an issue with this. I can see how you would consider it "pandering" if you're not aware that some of the staff members are LGBTQIA+, but labeling it as a "political agenda" is so extreme. You're entitled to your own opinions and we're entitled to disagreeing with you.

By the way, if you really want to play the "you're going off-topic" card here, this section of the forum is titled "Off-Topic" so complaining about going off-topic on an off-topic thread in an off-topic section of the forum is pointless.
Old 06-01-2022 , 16:46   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #13

I love the logo this year. Looks great.
Old 06-01-2022 , 18:37   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
The people complaining about the logo changes every year are the only ones who see the whole thing as a "political agenda." As a straight man myself, I've never seen an issue with this. I can see how you would consider it "pandering" if you're not aware that some of the staff members are LGBTQIA+, but labeling it as a "political agenda" is so extreme. You're entitled to your own opinions and we're entitled to disagreeing with you.

By the way, if you really want to play the "you're going off-topic" card here, this section of the forum is titled "Off-Topic" so complaining about going off-topic on an off-topic thread in an off-topic section of the forum is pointless.
Some of them, including myself see it as blatant propaganda being shoved down our throats, despite never being against the LGBTQIA+ community and agreeing that they can prefer whosoever they choose.

Many of them, however are genuinely curious as to why only this specific community is given special attention, when there are millions of other communities (including theirs) which would make people more aware and knowledgeable about them. To not acknowledge them but other communities makes people honestly wonder: "Do I have to be Gay/etc. to get such attention?".

Therefore, this seems like forced pandering to me, and not something they really care about in a larger sense, but do just because they look more advertiser/corporate-friendly. This comes out as extremely disingenuous on their part, but they are reluctant to accept it due to their biases.

Lets say they do have a few members who identify to be in that community, so what? The majority of this community are people who do not identify as such, and some of them honestly do not even care about what's happening. For example, would you like someone's stances on religion/guns/abortion to show up as a logo too, just because a few people think it deserves attention?

So why do I care about it? To me, the LGBTQIA+ community divides more than unites each other. I don't like divisions based on sexuality or gender, and treat the people in the community with the same respect that I would give to anyone who's a Male or a Female.

The less you force it upon people, the more accepting they become (if that's what worries you). I don't want to glorify anyone, but rather treat them as they would treat me. They don't need any special treatment from you, or me, or from this community, to feel that they belong, because they already do, no matter what anyone says.

A logo isn't going to make them feel any better, and many of them already see through the corporate bullshit that most companies prefer doing during Pride Month. It would rather divide more people who think: "Why doesn't our X community have a logo, a day, a month, etc. too?" like the OP pointed out. Love for all, not for one.

[Off-Topic]
In regards to what you're saying, I know this is an off-topic thread. However, DrugZog talking about me instead of the topic at hand by was definitely off-topic, and I pointed it out. For context though, one of my posts was removed for being on-topic by the incompetent moderator asherkin, which made no sense whatsoever and was to the point.

I stated that instead of paying people hundreds of dollars to those who barely code and mostly edit, and then regretting it, they should ask for help in this community, and probably receive it if they told us what issue they were facing for free (which was a little condescending to be honest, to make the author not waste money on stupid ventures). However, due to the mod's personal biases, my post was censored for being "off-topic". Natsheh stated the exact same thing and didn't get censored, and that gave it all away.

Last edited by KrazyKat; 06-01-2022 at 18:48.
sapphonie
Old 06-01-2022 , 19:22   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post
-snip-
whole lotta words to say that lgbtq people make you feel uncomfortable. try not being an asshole

logo looks fantastic this year, great job asher
Old 06-01-2022 , 19:41   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphonie View Post
whole lotta words to say that lgbtq people make you feel uncomfortable. try not being an asshole

logo looks fantastic this year, great job asher
Yeah, call me those words without any evidence, because you don't have an argument! You probably didn't even read this because of your mental capacity and assume things in your mind, but whatever, you do you, keep hating

Last edited by KrazyKat; 06-01-2022 at 19:51.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2022 , 21:35   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Some of them, including myself see it as blatant propaganda being shoved down our throats, despite never being against the LGBTQIA+ community and agreeing that they can prefer whosoever they choose.
The word "propaganda" is defined as "information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

Changing a logo's colors to celebrate Pride Month is far from being a biased/misleading political propaganda. It's just a logo and you're reading too deep into it. The staff isn't trying to convince you of anything. You don't have to celebrate Pride Month. You don't have to care about Pride Month. You don't have to talk about Pride Month. Pride Month itself isn't even a political propaganda; it's a month to celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community. What is so "political" about that?

Quote:
Many of them, however are genuinely curious as to why only this specific community is given special attention, when there are millions of other communities (including theirs) which would make people more aware and knowledgeable about them. To not acknowledge them but other communities makes people honestly wonder: "Do I have to be Gay/etc. to get such attention?".
AlliedModders isn't obligated to be nor does it present itself as a group/organization that brings awareness and attention to different communities/causes/issues/movements. The staff just want to celebrate Pride Month and anyone is welcome to join them, it's as simple as that.

If the first thing people think of when they see the colorful logo is "Do I have to be homosexual/non-binary to get special attention" then there's a lot of self-reflection that is well overdue.

Quote:
Therefore, this seems like forced pandering to me, and not something they really care about in a larger sense, but do just because they look more advertiser/corporate-friendly. This comes out as extremely disingenuous on their part, but they are reluctant to accept it due to their biases.
Changing a logo to celebrate Pride Month is different from the "forced pandering" that you're talking about. You're referring to large corporations who change their logos for the sole purpose of attracting the general population to buy their products/support their company goals. AM gains nothing from changing the logo, and yet they do it every year because they celebrate Pride Month.

Quote:
Lets say they do have a few members who identify to be in that community, so what? The majority of this community are people who do not identify as such, and some of them honestly do not even care about what's happening. For example, would you like someone's stances on religion/guns/abortion to show up as a logo too, just because a few people think it deserves attention?
You're making baseless assumptions about the AM community when I doubt you've actually talked to a majority of the members here. Not everyone needs to publicly come out as LGBTQIA+ just to prove that they identify as such.

You mentioned religion, guns, and abortion, so I'll explain why all three of those are irrelevant.

1. Religion - Celebrating Pride Month is not the same as enforcing one's beliefs/views onto others the same way religion is all about.
2. Guns and Abortion - Celebrating Pride Month is not the same as trying to convince people to be either pro-life or pro-choice and to be either pro-gun control or pro-gun rights.

If AM were to enforce their views onto all of us in regards to those 3 topics, then I would agree that it's a political agenda, but labeling the celebration of Pride Month as such is just extremely disingenuous and absurd.

Quote:
So why do I care about it? To me, the LGBTQIA+ community divides more than unites each other. I don't like divisions based on sexuality or gender, and treat the people in the community with the same respect that I would give to anyone who's a Male or a Female.
So then we're all in agreement that the LGBTQIA+ community is allowed to exist and celebrate Pride Month? Celebrating Pride Month only "divides" people if some of them refuse to accept the existence of others.

Quote:
The less you force it upon people, the more accepting they become (if that's what worries you). I don't want to glorify anyone, but rather treat them as they would treat me. They don't need any special treatment from you, or me, or from this community, to feel that they belong, because they already do, no matter what anyone says.
I get what you're trying to say, and I do share the same sentiment that we should all be treated equally. However, changing the logo to celebrate Pride Month isn't "glorifying" a particular group over everyone else. There's no favoritism or bias attached to the action. If they were banning people for being straight/binary then I would wholeheartedly agree with you, but that's not the case here.

To put it simply, nobody is forcing anything on anyone. You're misconstruing the staff's intention with the logo change.

Quote:
A logo isn't going to make them feel any better, and many of them already see through the corporate bullshit that most companies prefer doing during Pride Month. It would rather divide more people who think: "Why doesn't our X community have a logo, a day, a month, etc. too?" like the OP pointed out. Love for all, not for one.
I can see how people would see the logo change as "pandering" to the LGBTQIA+ community, but again, AM gains nothing from the logo change. Once again, the staff are doing it mainly for themselves and aren't forcing anyone to celebrate Pride Month with them, nor are they trying to convince anyone of anything.

Quote:
In regards to what you're saying, I know this is an off-topic thread. However, DrugZog talking about me instead of the topic at hand by was definitely off-topic, and I pointed it out. For context though, one of my posts was removed for being on-topic by the incompetent moderator asherkin, which made no sense whatsoever and was to the point.

I stated that instead of paying people hundreds of dollars to those who barely code and mostly edit, and then regretting it, they should ask for help in this community, and probably receive it if they told us what issue they were facing for free (which was a little condescending to be honest, to make the author not waste money on stupid ventures). However, due to the mod's personal biases, my post was censored for being "off-topic". Natsheh stated the exact same thing and didn't get censored, and that gave it all away.
I didn't see the post before it was removed so I can't really say much about it. Were you explicitly told that it was removed for being off-topic or are you just assuming that's the reason? With how you've described your own post, it sounds like it got removed for something else.
Old 06-01-2022 , 21:53   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #18

Wow, there’s a lot to unpack here.
Quote:
Some of them, including myself see it as blatant propaganda being shoved down our throats,
Right off the bat, it’s a massive red flag that you seem to think adding some pretty coloured lines to a logo in the top corner of the forum is in any way propaganda, let alone it being shoved down your throat.
Quote:
despite never being against the LGBTQIA+ community and agreeing that they can prefer whosoever they choose.
Good, but that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, visibility is an important part of civil rights movements, the fact you go on to take issue with this somewhat contradicts your claim here.
Quote:
Being “Gay/etc” is not something you choose to be, and to suggest otherwise clearly highlights the importance of bringing increased visibility to the movement. Pride isn’t some exercise in attention seeking, and makes it pretty clear you don’t understand the very thing you’re criticising.
Quote:
This makes absolutely no sense, you seem to be suggesting that due to some unspecified biases, the AM staff are reluctant to accept the disingenuousness of their pandering to corporations and advertisers. This is so self-evidently wrong that I’m not sure what to even say to it.
Quote:
Lets say they do have a few members who identify to be in that community, so what?
Well, you answered your own question, it explains why the logo has changed.
Quote:
The majority of this community are people who do not identify as such, and some of them honestly do not even care about what's happening.
And you are clearly in the former but not the latter. It’s pretty clear that you’re rather bothered by it, so what do the people who aren’t have to do with it?
Quote:
For example, would you like someone's stances on religion/guns/abortion to show up as a logo too, just because a few people think it deserves attention?
This is a completely disjointed point which has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.
Quote:
Your choice of language here is, again, a massive red flag. Your entire post just screams of discomfort with the people in this community and that you’d rather have them out of sight and out of mind. You start a sentence claiming you don’t like divisions based on sexuality or gender, but end it with language used to distinguish biological sex. Humans are social beings, and therefore have social structures like gender, which is related to but distinct from sex, so bringing it up comes across pretty weird.
Quote:
You’re either very naive or just being disingenuous. Civil rights are always fought for, telling minorities to be quiet and grateful is frankly rather discomforting to read. Acceptance of all forms almost always comes from interpersonal exposure to our differences. This is why visibility is so important, as it allows people to understand that others aren’t so different from themselves. It may even allow some people to better come to terms with their own feelings. You’re also seeming to suggest that striving for equality is somehow needing special treatment, which again, entirely misses the point. Your individual treatment of other people isn’t as important as their broader societal treatment, which is still far behind where it should be.
Quote:
A logo isn't going to make them feel any better,
How would you know?
Quote:
and many of them already see through the corporate bullshit that most companies prefer doing during Pride Month. It would rather divide more people who think: "Why doesn't our X community have a logo, a day, a month, etc. too?" like the OP pointed out. Love for all, not for one.
Your final on topic remarks here really drive home how little you understand the issues faced. Many people, for a multitude of reasons, are not treated equally.

You really ought to reflect why people are fighting for their civil rights and why complaining and pushing back against it is pretty distasteful.

Last edited by Domino_; 06-01-2022 at 22:31.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2022 , 22:00   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Why not? I have an opinion like others, and I can voice them as well on this forum. Instead, you're going off-topic and not being censored by asherkin.
Off-topic? In an off-topic thread?

My statement still stands. If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 06-02-2022 , 06:45   Re: AM logo
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
Off-topic? In an off-topic thread?

My statement still stands. If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.
To play devil's advocate: this is an off-topic sub-forum for threads that do not fit in other sub-forums. However, you still have to be on-topic inside a thread here, just like everywhere else in this forum.

I'm not discussing his points or if you were indeed off-topic or not, just explaining what he meant(in my opinion).