12% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

Haerdoepfel
Old 02-13-2021 , 05:37   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodz717 View Post
Just like I said, sadly the crashing remains. Yeah, I guess I'll have to go through line by line, if this is working for your CS:GO should be working for source. I'll update if/when I fix the issue.

*Update* - So far so good, the game successfully got through one round without any crashing. Just need to get the map changer working and then import sm cvars from my other server. Will continue to test, and monitor.
Hey Dude

If I understood correctly you're also running a Counter-Strike Source Server. How did u manage the server not crashing with GunGame and bots. Because mine still does...
Goodz717
Old 02-13-2021 , 11:21   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haerdoepfel View Post
Hey Dude

If I understood correctly you're also running a Counter-Strike Source Server. How did u manage the server not crashing with GunGame and bots. Because mine still does...
Wasn't easy, but basically went through every folder and file making adjustments, I think the main issue was the server.cfg. Send me a private message, would be more than happy to help (I've been trying to get this to work for the better part of 4 months)
zardoz
Old 02-23-2021 , 07:49   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5233

Does this still work on CS:Source? No bots, human players only

I'm trying to get this going and it's been many years since I've last set up a CS:S server. The first map works fine until completion, then some sort of antigrav kicks in and the players glow orange and the map does not progress to the next one.

Has anyone run into this before?
Haerdoepfel
Old 02-27-2021 , 18:16   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5234

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
Does this still work on CS:Source? No bots, human players only

I'm trying to get this going and it's been many years since I've last set up a CS:S server. The first map works fine until completion, then some sort of antigrav kicks in and the players glow orange and the map does not progress to the next one.

Has anyone run into this before?
Hey Dude

I think you need to go to the gungame.config.txt in cstrike/cfg/gungame/css and change the winner effects to 0 and set endgamesilent to 1.

Maybe that will work.

Last edited by Haerdoepfel; 02-27-2021 at 18:16.
Lord Mondongo
Old 03-28-2021 , 17:36   HELP NEEDED with defined gungame levels on CSGO GG server...
Reply With Quote #5235

HELP NEEDED with defined gungame levels! 🙄🤪

The is my Startup:

./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +sv_setsteamaccount ******************* +ip 192.168.1.110 +port 27015 -authkey ****************** -gamemodes_serverfile gamemodes_server.cfg +game_type 1 +game_mode 0 +mapgroup mg_armsrace +map workshop/122521875/fy_pool_day.bsp -autoupdate

I defined 50 levels for gungame, but when I reach level 33, the golden knife is "active" and the game ends, even if I use the weapon of level 33 (although I also have the golden knife if I press "Q"). Somehow the Arms Race levels override the defined GG levels.

Any idea where I go wrong? What do I need to change to get the 50 gg levels and not being cut off at level 33 😔

Thank you so much for any help in advance!

Regards,

JP
OneMore
Old 04-06-2021 , 08:05   Re: HELP NEEDED with defined gungame levels on CSGO GG server...
Reply With Quote #5236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mondongo View Post
HELP NEEDED with defined gungame levels! 🙄🤪
./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +sv_setsteamaccount ******************* +ip 192.168.1.110 +port 27015 -authkey ****************** -gamemodes_serverfile gamemodes_server.cfg +game_type 1 +game_mode 0 +mapgroup mg_armsrace +map workshop/122521875/fy_pool_day.bsp -autoupdate
Settings on the first page of this thread:
Q.[CS:GO] What do I put for game_mode and game_type?
A.+game_type 0 +game_mode 0
nvRm
Old 04-13-2021 , 14:25   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5237

Is this plugin no longer supported?
nvRm
Old 04-15-2021 , 13:03   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5238

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ELYSiUM View Post
I have put a pull request on the GunGame GitHub repo here which should prevent players on low levels using knife to steal from players on higher levels when the difference between the killer and victim is greater than KnifeProMaxDiff.

JavaScript port of the problem/fix: https://jsfiddle.net/zovmn5rs/1/

I'm not sure if it is a bug that should be fixed but I did it as new feature with a config variable so as not to change the behaviour of existing servers.

The problem I am trying to solve is cheaters with knifebots and players with poor etiquette coming in near the end of the round using knife to level-up by stealing from people on scopes, etc. and achieving near-parity without actually playing GunGame at all. Obviously doesn't apply to all server configurations but applies to the one that I like to play on.

I haven't compiled or tested the feature -- hoping someone who already has a server set-up with GGDM might like to do this?
Nice idea! I've tested it on my css server and it works perfectly. Thank you!

I would recommend you to add check allowing to steal level from the player on the knife level. It is more fair because both opponents with knife in this situation.
https://github.com/nvrm/sourcemod-pl...c56584ecf3fe78
OneMore
Old 04-19-2021 , 08:27   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5239

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvRm View Post
Is this plugin no longer supported?
I rewrite and update it myself for my own needs on CS:GO server. But it would be a problem when new sourcemod versions will ask for new syntax only
nvRm
Old 04-25-2021 , 02:09   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5240

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMore View Post
I rewrite and update it myself for my own needs
It seems this is the only thing we can do... The plugin hasn't been updated for a long time and the developer doesn't respond to pull requests and issues.