[TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo

Post New Thread Reply   

xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2015 , 19:53   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
I remember there being 16000+ IDs, but I didn't add those into the version I posted. They must've been added in a previous version by DeathReus or someone else.

I also just checked OPTF2 and I don't see 16000+ anymore which is weird. Maybe I was imagining things? Someone care to fill in my memory as to why I remember weapons with IDs of 16000+ when there are none currently?

They used to be in items_game, I remember that specifically, but there wasn't enough skins to fill values 15000-16000 and they were spaced out, I guess Valve decided that wasn't necessary and combined the id's all in the 15000's

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-18-2015 , 20:48   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
They used to be in items_game, I remember that specifically, but there wasn't enough skins to fill values 15000-16000 and they were spaced out, I guess Valve decided that wasn't necessary and combined the id's all in the 15000's
Maybe that's where I saw 16000 as an ID.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2015 , 23:35   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #443

@Tylerst, just to be safe, you should take a look at the latest version posted by Deathreus/abrandnewday to check what features their version has that 1.4.2 currently doesn't. Off the top of my head, I can think of the "Friendly" plugin compatibility, but that's not entirely necessary. I think there were a few other fixes involved, though, too, so doublecheck.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-19-2015 , 00:33   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
@Tylerst, just to be safe, you should take a look at the latest version posted by Deathreus/abrandnewday to check what features their version has that 1.4.2 currently doesn't. Off the top of my head, I can think of the "Friendly" plugin compatibility, but that's not entirely necessary. I think there were a few other fixes involved, though, too, so doublecheck.
There was the changing of the REQUIRE_PLUGIN thing for <friendly> to a #tryinclude.

Also, changing ShowActivity to ShowActivity2 throughout the entire plugin, and anywhere that there was "ShowActivity" followed by "ReplyToCommand", changing that to add an "else" before "ReplyToCommand", if memory serves me correct.

S'all that I added. I'd add it in for Tylerst but I'm not touching this with a 50 foot clown pole now that it uses new syntax. That new syntax scares me and looks way too confusing.

EDIT: Tylerst's version lacks the Friendly stuff, so that's good.

EDIT 2: He's also removed the ReplyToCommand lines, and switched over to ShowActivity2. So that's good!

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-19-2015 at 00:36.
Tylerst
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2015 , 10:22   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefal View Post
Great that my preavious issue was addressed and hopefully solved!

It's just that i can't seem to get 1.4.2 to run, at all?
Anyone got it running?

Thx
Having no problems here, what's your config setup(tf/configs/sourcemod/AdvancedInfiniteAmmo.cfg)?

Quote:
S'all that I added. I'd add it in for Tylerst but I'm not touching this with a 50 foot clown pole now that it uses new syntax. That new syntax scares me and looks way too confusing.
I was intimidated to switch over to new syntax as well but it's not so difficult.
It's actually easier to work with once you get used to it IMO.

Quote:
There was the changing of the REQUIRE_PLUGIN thing for <friendly> to a #tryinclude.

Also, changing ShowActivity to ShowActivity2 throughout the entire plugin, and anywhere that there was "ShowActivity" followed by "ReplyToCommand", changing that to add an "else" before "ReplyToCommand", if memory serves me correct.

EDIT: Tylerst's version lacks the Friendly stuff, so that's good.

EDIT 2: He's also removed the ReplyToCommand lines, and switched over to ShowActivity2. So that's good!
My version has never had those ShowActivity/ReplyToCommand problems. I believe that started with Chdata's Friendly edit in post 372, then xXDeathreusXx built on to it a couple posts later and it went from there.

Last edited by Tylerst; 07-19-2015 at 10:23.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-19-2015 , 11:20   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerst View Post
I was intimidated to switch over to new syntax as well but it's not so difficult.
But I scurred ;-;

Quote:
My version has never had those ShowActivity/ReplyToCommand problems. I believe that started with Chdata's Friendly edit in post 372, then xXDeathreusXx built on to it a couple posts later and it went from there.
Ah so that's where that started.
Hefal
Old 07-19-2015 , 12:15   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #447

Quote:
Having no problems here, what's your config setup(tf/configs/sourcemod/AdvancedInfiniteAmmo.cfg)?

Thx for the confirmation.

EDIT: Refreshed my installation and now everything is running fine!

Running Sourcemod-1.7.0
Pulled "AdvancedInfiniteAmmo.smx" into plugins folder
Deleted \server\tf\cfg\AdvancedInfiniteAmmo.cfg hoping the plugin would create a new one once I threw up the server but noting. Plugin doesn't run.

For the record I dont know what "new syntax" means.

Last edited by Hefal; 07-19-2015 at 18:13.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2015 , 15:18   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #448

While we're on topic of 1.7, I ported my version of AIA to the new syntax, and I also added 1 new function of refilling dispenser ammo if it empties

I've not fully converted it, missing the commands, but once that's done I'll put it here

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 07-19-2015 at 15:21.
Tylerst
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2015 , 17:04   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefal View Post
Thx for the confirmation.

Running Sourcemod-1.7.0
Pulled "AdvancedInfiniteAmmo.smx" into plugins folder
Deleted \server\tf\cfg\AdvancedInfiniteAmmo.cfg hoping the plugin would create a new one once I threw up the server but noting. Plugin doesn't run.

For the record I dont know what "new syntax" means.
That could be your problem, 1.7.0 is over 5 months old at this point. You should update to the 1.7.3 snapshots here: http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php

Last edited by Tylerst; 07-19-2015 at 17:08.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-19-2015 , 17:05   Re: [TF2] Advanced Infinite Ammo
Reply With Quote #450

Quote:
That could be your problem, 1.7.0 is 5 months old at this point. You shoud update to the 1.7.3 snapshots here: http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php
Don't forget to update Metamod snapshots!
http://metamodsource.net/snapshots