Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

sad day...

Post New Thread Reply   

Zombiezzz
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2009 , 19:22   sad day...
Reply With Quote #1

i went to steam and logged in. I saw my server was gone and i found out it was banned from Steam due to Music Copyright >.< so im sad
drumzplaya13
Old 11-10-2009 , 20:00   Re: sad day...
Reply With Quote #2

Impossible. More than half of the server of the servers in CS,CZ and CSS have music which is copyrighted on their servers, yet their servers aren't down. You probably missed a payment on your server and that is why it is down.

Last edited by drumzplaya13; 11-10-2009 at 20:02.
vbdchronic
Old 11-10-2009 , 20:02   Re: sad day...
Reply With Quote #3

matt ur such a space case lol
Styles
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2009 , 23:06   Re: sad day...
Reply With Quote #4

a server "banned" from steam? wtf? Maybe ... a complaint was made to your GSP (Game Server Provider) and they terminated it.. that could be possible.

On a side note, I've never actually thought about that.. but.. you could potentially use game servers for malicious things such as P2P sharing .... and a few other questionable things that I wont mention... holy crap..
Send a message via AIM to Styles
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2009 , 23:26   Re: sad day...
Reply With Quote #5

I've always wondered how do people come up with these reasons and then blindly believe them. Zombiezzz, why do you think that is the reason? What made you think that it is the right one? Just wondering.
drumzplaya13
Old 11-10-2009 , 23:51   Re: sad day...
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles View Post
a server "banned" from steam? wtf? Maybe ... a complaint was made to your GSP (Game Server Provider) and they terminated it.. that could be possible.

On a side note, I've never actually thought about that.. but.. you could potentially use game servers for malicious things such as P2P sharing .... and a few other questionable things that I wont mention... holy crap..
Ya it didnt get "banned" from Steam. lol, banned, wrong word in general he used.

And yes you could potentially use game servers for malicious things since it is a server which you can put anything on it. It shouldnt be done but I have heard of cases which that has happened, especially with new server companies which dont ever check for things like that on the servers they run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
I've always wondered how do people come up with these reasons and then blindly believe them. Zombiezzz, why do you think that is the reason? What made you think that it is the right one? Just wondering.
One of his admins lied to him and told him that, really he didnt make a payment to his server so it went down. I know because I found out that it was someone I know and this happens to be his forum name. LOL. hes 14.
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2009 , 19:08   Re: sad day...
Reply With Quote #7

Well i had music on my server and when i logged into steam, teh server didnt come up so i asked my admin firend and he said it was banned by steam cuase of copyrights and i belive him becuase hes my admin and i trust him. Than i find out that steam didnt ban it but the company of the server shut the server down be cause i was a day late of payments .

So thats it lol