One issue that I and many others have had with TF2's default CTF gamemode over the years is that most maps have the flag timer at a whopping 60 seconds that cannot be reduced. This problem leads to your flag being slowly inched out of your base by enemies needing only a touch to reset the whole process over.
Improved CTF aims to fix this by giving server ops the ability to change the map-defined flag timer and by allowing you, the player, to return the flag faster by standing near it.
Capture rate is even influenced by scout's natural 2x capture rate or soldier and demoman's The Pain Train, finally giving it some use in CTF.
When the flag is dropped, two circles appear around the flag. Outer circle indicates the capture radius, inner circle shrinks as the timer decreases.
If you enter the flag's range, the inner circle will light up with your team's color to show that you are now returning the flag.
No plugin dependencies. Should print "Improved CTF enabled" on startup.
- Prints the installed version of Improved CTF to the server console
- Enables/Disables Improved CTF
sm_ictf_flag_time <default: 30>
- The base time, in seconds, until the flag is returned
sm_ictf_cap_multiplier <default: 0.6>
- The amount of time each capper reduces the flag's timer (i.e. 0.6 means the flag's timer will be decreased by 0.6 seconds more, per second)
sm_ictf_cap_radius <default: 100.0>
- The maximum distance, in hammer units, player can be at to still return the flag faster
- Enables/disables on-screen text for a flag's capture rate
Version b3.3 (5/13/20)
- Added custom HUD text to show the flag's current capture rate. Shown only when a flag is down and on the screen at the bottom next to the flag status
- Added cvar "sm_ictf_hud_text" to give the option to disable HUD text for all players
- Fixed The Pain Train not giving the 2x capture rate on flags
- Fixed beam ring not being representative of the flag's true capture radius
- Adjusted default beam ring size to compensate being bigger than intended
Version b3.2 (4/30/20)
- Fixed players being able to return the flag while cloaked, ubercharged, bonked, ect.
- Improved code readability
- Improved code readability
- Privated unnecessarily public functions
- Flag timer can now be a decimal
- First public version
- Changed the flag capture indicator from a jank hexagon to a circle
- Capture area will now disappear instantly when the flag is returned
- Support for more gamemodes
- Custom weapon capture rate modifier support
- Custom round and overtime timers
Feel free to post issues and suggestions in this thread.
You may also at my github: https://github.com/RibbonHeartU/TF2-Improved-ctf
Also, If you're going to be using it on your server, let me know. I'd love to see it be used by more communities.