Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] MatchMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Hawkeye-
Old 08-09-2012 , 00:57   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #191

2.0 is basically a re-write of a lot of the code, and the external configs, a special set will be internally coded into the mod, Not my favorite thing, but for ease of setup be many servers, it really became a must to at least have something in there. Also looking at Stat possibilities and other things. 95% of the mod support has been the league config maintenance, and honestly those have been pretty stable with few changes over the past couple of seasons.

The ReadyUp code is disable in the PuG/Scrim level configs (6v6/9v9) but it defaults to on with the formal leagues (!match esea Password) since it makes more sense there and was really setup that was intentionally to allow a smooth transition of players new to the mod. Once change I may make is force the !teamname command to always be used and not allow anything but, but this was once again left for players unfamiliar and when playing lobbies I didn't want to spend 5 minutes discussing the feature just so they could set their team name to 8==D. :-/

To get around the truncation, at the beginning of the first half, I forcefully set the team names again from the stored variables to make things look good, so it comes out in the wash.
23e
Old 08-11-2012 , 00:02   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #192

Ah ha. Sounds like good stuff. Yeah, when we play we generally just use pug or hl configs, but we just do pugs/our own not very strict league.

Do you know if there's anything like ESEA stats for matchmod/tournaments in general? stuff that says like kdr and damage done and stuff after a round/match?
Muscle Brazil
Old 08-13-2012 , 06:24   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #193

is there a command that is not necessary and the! ready to start the game.
renxzen
Old 08-15-2012 , 13:54   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #194

Hello, i'm currently having a problem with matchmod.

It appears that the plugin is loaded, but it doesn't automatically starts the proper cfg file for each type of map. I have to do it manually (e.g. rcon exec pug/push ); and when the round starts, matchmod doesn't stop soaptf2 (prematch.cfg is not working). TL;DR: Matchmod isn't working, what i'm i doing wrong?

I've followed every step of your quickinstallation guide on your web. Currently using matchmod 1.1.8 with match server config. What i have installed besides matchmod: (linux) Metamod 1.8.7 & Sourcemod 1.4.4 & SDK Hooks 2.1, Socket extension 3.0.1, Soaptf2dm 3.4 & Mgemod 1.0.4 (i've tried disabling these, it still doesn't work.)

Edit: it's now working. I enabled the plugin from sm_admin. I don't know if i have to do this everytime but it's now working.

Last edited by renxzen; 08-15-2012 at 14:40.
Hawkeye-
Old 08-18-2012 , 19:40   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23e View Post
Do you know if there's anything like ESEA stats for matchmod/tournaments in general? stuff that says like kdr and damage done and stuff after a round/match?
Yes, but not automatic, MatchMod in the 1.1.8 incarnation (and further extended in 1.1.9) will generate a server log specific to the match. It begins at the open of the first half and runs through to the end of the match, you can take this log and upload it to TF2logs.com which will make a very nice read-out of the match..

For user specific stuff, the way logging is manipulated, I am currently experimenting with HLStatsX:CE and simply enable/disable the log going to the Daemon, so it only gets data for the actual matches. The draw back is that you will only see player data, and you will not see a match stats per say like TF2Logs.com.

Renxzen, Can you send me more info, I have never heard of this behavior before and would like to look into it? (Is load_lock enabled by chance?)
dapclan
Old 09-06-2012 , 15:26   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #196

Hello, thanks for the awesome mod Hawkeye-! I'm testing it out now for the first time and it seems to work great for us except one minor thing and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

After starting a match, the "!ready" and "!start" work as expected but the GUI in the top of the screen that says "press f4 etc" will only let you change the clan name and doesn't actually do the same thing as the ready command when you click the "ready" button.

Also after setting your team ready the GUI at the top doesn't update with your ready status even though "!readystatus" shows us as ready. I thought this might be confusing for new tf2 players.

Do you know if there is another plugin or a config variable that could be messing with the tournament GUI? Or is this just not supported yet?

Thanks again for the great plugin.
normal73
Old 09-12-2012 , 04:49   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #197

Why I can't get ready, Mr. hawkeye?
Hawkeye-
Old 09-25-2012 , 12:48   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #198

Okay, If you are using the full ready-up functions (any of the league specific configs) each player will need to issue the ready command, once you have the required amount of players, you should be all set.

The GUI (that the assets have the press F4 message) is actually disabled to force the teams to individually to ready up, the !start option can be used if the leagues allow for 5 players to begin and play one man down. This is normal behavior for the leagues..

For Lobbies/PuGs, the F4 UI is still functional and works as expected.
killertomato
Old 10-01-2012 , 18:57   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #199

Hello,

I'm trying to install soap with matchmod and am having some problems. I cant find some of the things required to make it work.

This stuff in the gamedata
sdmr.games.txt
tf2dm.hpboost.txt
unlock.games.txt

and these plugins
opensesame.smx
soap_killboost.smx

Where can I find them?

Thanks
Hawkeye-
Old 10-02-2012 , 21:18   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #200

Okay, the post I in this thread is on a very old version of SOAP, as the current version does not use Dukehacks or most of those other files..

Start with a base install of Sourcemod, you will need:
That should be about it, it's been a bit since I setup SOAP, I am updating my docs since the 1.1.9 version was formally released (as opposed to my buggy version I had posted) this is on the docket to get much more complete docs.