Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server Plugin Request - TF2

Post New Thread Reply   

aeoncleanse
Old 09-19-2011 , 20:13   Server Plugin Request - TF2
Reply With Quote #1

Hello modders. I don't know if my request is even possible, but i would like some feedback on how possible it is, and if anyone with a knowledge of the appropriate programming is willing to produce what I need.

The brief: A TF2 server plugin which regulates class numbers in a way I have not seen before. Basically, as a server fills up after a map change, I need each class to have one player before any doubles are allowed. So if one player chooses Scout, then another Sniper, and another Heavy, if another tries to play as Scout, the server will not allow it. Each class must be played before any stacking is allowed.

Is this possible?
Hawkeye-
Old 09-20-2011 , 08:45   Re: Server Plugin Request - TF2
Reply With Quote #2

yes it's possible, I cannot think of a plugin that natively does this, but there is a plugin that can allow you to modify the class limits when players connect/disconnect. So yuo would need a normal classlimit plugin then this plugin so when a particular team have a 10 player join it, it ups the class limits, then when it drops back to nine to modify it again. Kinda klunky but that will work.

But a full plugin just to do this is possible and not to difficult if my line of thinking is correct.
aeoncleanse
Old 09-20-2011 , 12:26   Re: Server Plugin Request - TF2
Reply With Quote #3

Most excellent. I will look into using two plugins to achieve it, but you're right in that that sounds a little clunky. So now, really, I am looking for somebody willing to attempt the programming of such a program. Let the offers flood in?