Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Kornholijo
Old 01-10-2010 , 23:41   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by voogru View Post
And I don't get any credit?

No fair.

I just hope the pay-to-cheat server operators don't abuse this stuff, that was one of the primary reasons why I refused to release mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post
If that starts happening I'll quit TF2. asherkin, could you put a notice or something in the original post warning against that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
Give it a month and every server with be messing with items. Goodluck playing on a server when all the admins, donators, clan members, etc have weapons packed with attributes. Glad I just idle TF2 now, this is basically fakeclients v2 lol.
QFT.

However the good servers will be probably getting more traffic after a while...
Send a message via MSN to Kornholijo
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2010 , 00:25   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
Give it a month and every server with be messing with items. Goodluck playing on a server when all the admins, donators, clan members, etc have weapons packed with attributes. Glad I just idle TF2 now, this is basically fakeclients v2 lol.
:/ well I hope people are smart enough to realize that that does the opposite of attract players. Hard to say though (fake clients).
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-11-2010 , 06:24   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornholijo View Post
QFT.
Isn't it interesting how you and voogru are the only people actively complaining about it (in #sourcemod) and how you both happen to be people that had access to this ability before.

Quote:
:/ well I hope people are smart enough to realize that that does the opposite of attract players. Hard to say though (fake clients).
You are best replied to with your own quote:
Quote:
My intent for this was for donators to get little bonuses... not major things like 19328948 health and infinite ammo. It's the server owner's choice, so, yeah. If they want to make their servers have superplayers then fine, it just might not be as good of a server.
I'm also going to throw in some of the IRC chat here:
Quote:
[11:41] <Damizean> I know it's exploitable, but what fun is there if you don't share the findings with everyone?
[11:41] <Damizean> AzuiSleet is awesome for sharing what he found out
[11:41] <Damizean> Even if it's exploitable
[11:43] <asherkin> the rage is stupid, ctx edits have been around for ages, but they are semi-balenced due to everyone having it, if you are being owned be some one with a VALVe Rocket Launcher, leave that server and never come back, no one forces you to play there.
[11:44] <asherkin> I know, I'm so glad he released it
[11:57] <Damizean> lol...
[12:12] <asherkin> lol, there is one more point I could through out there, but I think I might not
[12:13] <Damizean> They are just bitter because it's not their own exclusivity
[12:13] <asherkin> NO-Steam servers have been giving out VALVe/Community/Fucked with items for months
[12:13] <Damizean> lol
[12:14] <asherkin> I hope it dies down soon... I would class it as a rather large release to the community, even with the possible exploits
[12:15] <Damizean> yeah
[12:15] <Damizean> even if you didn't release it, I would have eventually
[12:15] <Damizean> just ignore these rants
[12:16] <asherkin> anyone may have, that was given when azuisleet posted it in #sourcemod
Quote:
[11:47] <asherkin> there is a server I play on that uses CTX edits and class limits so that only admins get access to the modded weapons, what ever the edits availiable are, they will be exploited by a few servers
[11:53] <[CZ]Vortex> why use a weapon that gives you an unfair advantage and boosts you into the douche range however in general
[11:53] <[CZ]Vortex> I mean its like cheating...why...except for greifing...which is just a waste of time
[11:54] <[CZ]Vortex> unless its like a funserver where its a cluster and modded weaponsa are accepted
Old 01-11-2010 , 08:01   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

I wouldn't worry about this, with how few people have the addcond plugin, jindo's weapon adjuster, or noodle's premium I can't see this becoming a real issue.

Small servers made for the point of dicking around will love this though, and larger ones can get donators by handing out community guns without edited attributes.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-11-2010 , 09:09   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

It's not that hard to sit down and work out a totally custom balanced set of attributes. It all depends on what the server operator wants to do, be it destroy their servers with overpowered players, or improve them with new, balanced weapons for players.

Anyway, let's try to stick with support, feature requests etc. The extension has been released, there is no point now in debating whether it should have been released or not.

As a side note, you can no-longer set attributes on items that are quality 0 (normal items you haven't changed the quality of, or unlockables that you have changed to 0), this is to ensure that players can see if an items attributes have been edited, as the panel does not display in spectator or the deathcam if the quality is 0.
EDIT: Quality 0 item's with attributes set will now be forced to quality 9, this is a much better workaround proposed by Damizean.

Last edited by asherkin; 01-11-2010 at 09:29.
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2010 , 09:48   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

so i expect players will be running this client side now to add attributes to their own weps... or is that not possible with extensions?.. if it is, any server admin relying on VAC will be having issues!!
Old 01-11-2010 , 09:50   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Okay, how about these:

• Admin flags can be used as well as STEAMIDs
  • An option to give everyone on that server a custom weapon
  • A fix for the animation bug when using custom attributes on an unlockable weapon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
so i expect players will be running this client side now to add attributes to their own weps... or is that not possible with extensions?.. if it is, any server admin relying on VAC will be having issues!!
No.
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2010 , 09:54   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Quote:
Okay, how about these:

No.

+1
Old 01-11-2010 , 10:08   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Quote:
Already on the to-do list, forgot to add it to the post .
Quote:
That would be player wildcarding, already on the list.
Quote:
  • A fix for the animation bug when using custom attributes on an unlockable weapon
Not possible due to the way VALVe wrote it, same as with the Chargin' Targe.
You would have to add the attribute designed to correct the animation, for example, the FaN needs "set_scattergun_no_reload_single" set to 1.

Last edited by asherkin; 01-11-2010 at 10:27.
Cerise
Old 01-11-2010 , 10:30   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Asherkin, dunno if you saw the edit someone made ( i think i did it to ),
Is it possible to change weapon's name ? ( Or add a prefix like a player name ? )

Anyway, i'm trying it on my idling server ( Testing server ) and people have noticed these modified weapons.
Kept the Rocket Launcher with Valve attributes and did a SyringeGun that is very balanced ( took a certain time though ) and as expected :

People are raging against Valve Weapons

and

People are pretty cool with these balanced weapons and would like to see a modded server with this ( everyone can get a balanced weapon ). It only modifies the way you play with a weapon but dunnot kill the game : )

I'll give a try soon on my other server ( Official Maps ) and i'll see what people think about it : )