Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D2 Rigged?

Post New Thread Reply   

RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2014 , 11:38   L4D2 Rigged?
Reply With Quote #1

I often start a versus game on my own, joining direct to 1 of 3 of my servers.

sometimes I nearly go the entire map alone, so I end up swapping to survivor as that's what im best at, despite the fact 1 of the servers has a score balance,

The game director ai seems to pre-determine which side to win,

cause no matter how hard I try and push through to try and even the score on the loseing side the director ai seems to force the loseing side to remain loseing, hence l4d2 seems extremely rigged how do I stop the director ai from doing this?

For example spawning the tank on the loseing side far earlier than the winning side, or charger on the loseing side, charging a survivor in the water, yet on the winning side that doesn't happen.

I think this happens even with real players, if this is true it may go along way to explain ragequitting, and the game director ai needs to be fc%king sacked asap.

Last edited by RavenDan29; 04-01-2014 at 11:45.
Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2014 , 11:58   Re: L4D2 Rigged?
Reply With Quote #2

Not sure what you are talking about.

If you wish for the tank to spawn equally on both teams you can use the convar versus_tank_flow_team_variation 0.0.
As for Charger AI being superl33tpr0 in one round then in the next round he completely miss every opportunity is not related to the Director.

Director is just a fancy word for lots of timers and status checks. It does not favor any sides. However look into the competitive plugins if you want more team balance of the world, same car alarms and what not.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2014 , 12:17   Re: L4D2 Rigged?
Reply With Quote #3

its completely unbalanced, infected seem to increase AI level and horde increase, on one side then the other, the only explanation is the director pre determineing which side gets to win, I mean that's outrageous, you could 4 players equally as good as the other 4 players but cause of the director the score is like several points different stead of a few cause the director decideing before the game began, and theres plebs moaning about mods being unbalanced its already unbalanced.

PS Thanks for that cvar I wondered why a friend of mine randomly added that cvar to his server.

versus_tank_flow_team_variation 0.0 that ive discovered doesn't always work!!! winning side Tank was ages away from getting to the survivors and did the death from boredom routine, when I played as the opposite side the tank turned up and we was forced to try and beat it.

2 or 3 joined made a bit of a game of it, managed to pull some of the lose back to the loseing side and won the finale as winning and loseing side, so the
Standardized Revamp Structure mod is benefcial and recommended though doesn't always solve the director ai inbalance.

Last edited by RavenDan29; 04-01-2014 at 16:36.