Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)

Post New Thread Reply   

zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2008 , 21:20   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #131

Thank you very much for such a quick reply! To your one question, yes it would be cool to have it go as soon as anyone presses 1 and delay the other sounds until it has finished. Below are some examples:

a) User presses 1, sound plays, user presses 2 sound then plays if there is time left
b) User presses 1, sound plays the other user presses one, Nothing plays, users get teleported and fight song plays.
Old 10-19-2008 , 21:28   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #132

In reference to the above request and reply...

It would be nice that if no music is played, a sound dings for acceptance. I truly don't see the need to have multiple files to randomly choose from for a yes or no click though. Even so, see next item.

As for the random selection, I believe what would be best would be if the plugin decided at map end what sounds will be used on the next map. Then each client would only need to download 3 files, yes|no|music. This would limit the load on the downloading per map per user, rather than downloading 50 files the first time a client connects, and this is the way GunGame functions for it's random song files. That pretty much covers 5,6 and 7.

As for the models, would these clients be forced to wear them the next round then?!? Seems like a waste of code bloating up an install, just for a knife fight.

POSSIBLE BUG...

I've had reports of the winning client having low gravity on the next round. Is this normal, because I expected them to be able to jump around in joy after winning, before the round end timer happens, not enjoy low gravity for the next round. I since turned off winner extras.
|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 10-19-2008 , 21:42   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #133

lol, both posting at same time, I see.

I'd say make the yes vote play a SOUND, plain and simple. Then put in a delay of 1-2 seconds into the begining of the fight song.

Last edited by |GsX| GrimReaper; 10-22-2008 at 00:02. Reason: MISPOKE... FIXED IN ALL CAPS
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-19-2008 , 22:15   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
sm_knifefight_useteleport: Use the built in teleport system before the fight. This helps ensure that both players find each other quickly. The Terrorist will always be teleported to the Counter-Terrorist. Additionally, if the players are already close to each other, no teleport will take place. (Default: 1)
Could we also get a cvar to enable/disable the section of text that is in bold? Or perhaps a cvar to define what "close" actually means? I'm seeing a lot of instances where players in the server are too close to be teleported, but yet far enough away for beacons to be of no use (due to distance / brushes / etc). Better yet, both! .

Thanks!

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 10-19-2008 at 22:21.
XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-20-2008 , 09:23   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Could we also get a cvar to enable/disable the section of text that is in bold? Or perhaps a cvar to define what "close" actually means? I'm seeing a lot of instances where players in the server are too close to be teleported, but yet far enough away for beacons to be of no use (due to distance / brushes / etc). Better yet, both! .

Thanks!
Yeah the whole teleport thing is a great idea in theory, horrible in implementation. If I knew more about vectors and stuff, I could make it work really well.

I have no idea what the distance units are, but the current value is "600,000". In realistic looking terms, thats about 20 feet. The problem is, multileveled maps (ct spawn/short-a on D2), players can literally be only feet from each other, yet never teleport because they're on top of one another, or seperated say by only a wall.

Rather than add another cvar, I think I'd rather figure out a more logical way to do the teleport based on vectors and trace rays (to see if a wall is inbetween them).

Thanks for the input though. I do feel your frustration with the teleport stuff. I use it too. =)
Old 10-20-2008 , 10:50   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by |GsX| GrimReaper View Post
In reference to the above request and reply...

It would be nice that if no music is played, a sound dings for acceptance. I truly don't see the need to have multiple files to randomly choose from for a yes or no click though. Even so, see next item.

As for the random selection, I believe what would be best would be if the plugin decided at map end what sounds will be used on the next map. Then each client would only need to download 3 files, yes|no|music. This would limit the load on the downloading per map per user, rather than downloading 50 files the first time a client connects, and this is the way GunGame functions for it's random song files. That pretty much covers 5,6 and 7.

As for the models, would these clients be forced to wear them the next round then?!? Seems like a waste of code bloating up an install, just for a knife fight.

POSSIBLE BUG...

I've had reports of the winning client having low gravity on the next round. Is this normal, because I expected them to be able to jump around in joy after winning, before the round end timer happens, not enjoy low gravity for the next round. I since turned off winner extras.
Yes this is what I was trying to say, sorry for not being more clear.

Logically the models would be off by default so it would not change the install time if you did not want to use it. I personally like the idea of having a lot of options because it allows different server owners to customize the plugin to fit there needs.
Old 10-20-2008 , 11:49   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
I personally like the idea of having a lot of options because it allows different server owners to customize the plugin to fit there needs.
I agree, which is why most of my plugins have butt-tons of cvar's typically. =)

I will work on the models once I finish up my current project. It may be awhile, but I'll get it done.
Old 10-20-2008 , 23:21   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #138

Thanks! I already showed of the model I plan to use to a few of my players and they had to replace there keyboards from the drule.
Old 10-20-2008 , 23:55   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARIUS View Post
I agree, which is why most of my plugins have butt-tons of cvar's typically. =)

I will work on the models once I finish up my current project. It may be awhile, but I'll get it done.
Yeaaaaaa. Look at my "Simple" TK Manager.

It was Simple when i started. Now the CVARs are abundant.
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 10-22-2008 , 00:06   Re: 1v1 Knife Fight (1.2.1, Updated: 10/17/2008)
Reply With Quote #140

I don't recall whether it was this thread or not, but somewhere I had a great idea to grab the coordinates of some CT spawn locations and teleport both clients to CT spawn.

I don't know if it's the maps or what, but I haven't seen teleport happen once on either of my servers.