Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved compiler

Post New Thread Reply   

luciaus18
Old 12-07-2020 , 14:36   compiler
Reply With Quote #1

Hello! I've updated my old server from amxmodx 1.8.3 to 1.9. I replaced my old files with new files: amxmodx basic plugins, modules, dlls, data and I changed some configs things. Now everything works fine, except 4 plugins: napalm nade, frost nade, gifts plugin and adv_parachute. All of these 4 are running and works just a half:

Napalm nade have a trace but doesn't work
Frost nade - the same
Gifts appears and the menu for them works but you can't get them
Adv_parachute menu works but you can't use parachute when you press E

The other thing that was in my mind was to update all plugins to the new version of amxmodx (1.9), to recompile them
I've got amxmodx 1.9 base and I put in scripting folder: includes, amxmodx compact, testsuite + amxxpc.exe, compiler.exe, amxxpc32, amxxpc64, sasm.exe from my last addons because I don't have any exe file in the amxmodx 1.9 base and I can't compile them, I have only these: amxx.pc, amxxpc32, compile.sh.

I've started the compile.exe and I got only errors, nothing can be compiled.

My server is linux but I do these things on windows.
Please tell me the right way
]

Last edited by luciaus18; 12-08-2020 at 12:49.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2020 , 14:39   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #2

So much text and glitter, but no actual compiler error logs that can solve the issue.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 12-07-2020 at 14:39.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
luciaus18
Old 12-07-2020 , 14:46   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #3

Last edited by luciaus18; 12-07-2020 at 14:47.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2020 , 15:26   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #4

From where did you download AMXX?
Old 12-07-2020 , 15:40   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #5

From amxmodx.org
luciaus18
Old 12-08-2020 , 07:36   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #6

Solved! I've got linux version, but I need windows version for the compiler.
The problem is that I get some warnings when I compile my plugins into amxmodx 1.9 version which is the 1.8.3 compiler wasn't a problem.

The question is, should I go for the amxmodx 1.9 base and maybe I use the same plugins with 1.8.3, 1.8.2 version? If there are warning updating my plugins into 1.9, I think maybe I choose the other way in order to have a great functionality

Last edited by luciaus18; 12-08-2020 at 07:37.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2020 , 21:25   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciaus18 View Post
Solved! I've got linux version, but I need windows version for the compiler.
Using either the Linux or Windows compiler shouldn't change functionality. Back when I had a Windows desktop, I compiled all my plugins using the Windows compiler and ran them on my Linux server.

Quote:
The problem is that I get some warnings when I compile my plugins into amxmodx 1.9 version which is the 1.8.3 compiler wasn't a problem.
Are you saying that the only thing that you changed to get it working was to compile it with 1.8.3? You also mentioned the Linux vs Windows compler. So, I'm confused about what you think your actual solution was.

Quote:
The question is, should I go for the amxmodx 1.9 base and maybe I use the same plugins with 1.8.3, 1.8.2 version? If there are warning updating my plugins into 1.9, I think maybe I choose the other way in order to have a great functionality
It is best to use the compiler that matches the version of AMX Mod X on your server. Technically, there is some backwards compatibility (for example if you have a .amxx file from your old server it should run on your new server) but if you're compiling anyways, use the appropriate compiler.

If you're using the latest version release candidate of 1.9 and you're still having issues then you you'll need to provide your code so that we can determine why the compiler isn't working and file a bug.
Old 12-09-2020 , 09:58   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #8

Thanks mate! My server is using a linux host but I have to compile plugins on my windows and I have an old version for the compiler, idk which one but I think it's 1.8.3. Idk how to check it.
I wanted to change that by using the 1.9 compiler but there are many warnings when I recompile and I have to update every script to fix that. So this is why I prefer to use the old version of the compiler. I'll change just the basic amxx 1.9 plugins and use the other old plugins as they are.
I can post some warnings but there are like 30 plugins and probably a half of them get warnings.
I try by best to explain properly xD

Last edited by luciaus18; 12-09-2020 at 09:59.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2020 , 21:02   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #9

If it's just warnings that you are getting, it's possible that they won't affect the plugin's functionality. However, there are some warnings that can indicate that functionality will be affected.

Instead of posting images, you should post the console text in [code][/code] tags.