Old 07-10-2015 , 01:10   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #61

Valve team is very very retarded

Code:
CS:GO community servers provide valuable experiences to players and 
communities, and are serving more players than ever before. Over the past 
month, 3.1 mln unique players were observed playing on community servers and 
this number keeps growing each month.
There are increasingly more players on community servers because have the opportunity to have all items (weapon skins, knife etc), now that no longer accept these plugins that provide access only on the server (not in inventory) to those items, will not increase the number of players VALVO NOOBS.

Akuba
Old 07-10-2015 , 04:41   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiMod.Com View Post
There are increasingly more players on community servers because have the opportunity to have all items (weapon skins, knife etc), now that no longer accept these plugins that provide access only on the server (not in inventory) to those items, will not increase the number of players VALVO NOOBS.
I would not say that, I know enough players that play CS:GO because of the gameplay (Competitive most of the time) and not because of Servers that provide free items. If you think this is a important criterion if players play CS:GO or not, TF2 would have died years ago. Or do I missunderstand something now?
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2015 , 05:46   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #63

fact is, community servers getting more and more players even without the knife/skin plugin. i'm curious about their next message, banning all mods lmao.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-10-2015 , 07:55   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfxD View Post
fact is, community servers getting more and more players even without the knife/skin plugin. i'm curious about their next message, banning all mods lmao.
Valve was not trying to hurt community servers with their ruling, which seems to be what you are inferring in all of your posts. Also, I don't believe that what you said is "fact". Show me proof of your "fact".

Valve was merely protecting their profit and product, and that's a good thing. Obviously they aren't going to ban all mods, that's just fucking retarded.

It's exactly like I've been saying to the CS:GO Reddit community; you don't need fake knives to keep server traffic up. But yet everyone kept whining "MUH KARAMBIT" (whatever the hell a Karambit is, I don't know) and "FUCK VALVE".

If you were Valve, you would have done the same thing when you noticed the issue of those plugins being brought up. But again, the TF2 community got over the ruling against unusual hats. Eventually you guys will get over this ruling and also stop badmouthing Valve like it's going out of style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvexByte View Post
There is no way that hide and seek plugins are the target of this.
They clearly want to stop the weapon skin plugins.
I can assure you Valve doesn't care about fake mm ranks or the !knife plugin but they just threw them in there to make their statement more reasonable.
This is the most asinine thing I have ever read.

1. When Powerlord mentioned hide and seek/prophunt, he was talking about the blocking of item inventories, which is one reason Vitaliy stated. That's what those plugins do for specific players; they give you custom weapons and restrict access to your owned items.
2. I can assure you you're wrong. Valve does care about fake matchmaking ranks and fake knives because fake knives and fake weapon skins are ruining the economy.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-10-2015 at 07:59.
Pboy
Old 07-10-2015 , 08:19   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #65

Have they started blacklisting servers? If not when?

PBGaming | CSGO Gaming Community
http://pbgaming.pw
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2015 , 09:08   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #66

Why are we still arguing over the legality of this matter? It's obvious that giving anything to a player on the server that you could get legally with money is something Valve dislikes. There really isn't any discussion to that.

The only discussion worth arguing over is if skins or weapons that don't exist in the game are allowed, but I'm not interested in that, so someone else can take that if they want.

I also would say "hurting the economy" is mostly wrong. The real answer is, "hurting Valve's profits". The economy doesn't really get affected by this. Valve doesn't make money from all economy-based transactions (especially paypal ones).

If you want to play it dirty, continue using item-granting/modifying giving plugins. Like psychonic said, there's no point deleting them from here since there will be an underground market for them. You can ignore Valve's wishes and continue to give players economy items if you want - all of it at your (your server's) risk and expense. It's a similar case for Xykon's equipment manager for TF2 (why hasn't valve nerfed that yet despite it being reported, idk).

At least in TF2 you can legally modify and mess up item attributes on weapons and attach unusual effects to hats - the catch is that you have to remove your server from any form of matchmaking. Then you can do whatever you want, provided it's within the policy of truth constraints.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-10-2015 at 09:15.
pcmaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2015 , 09:48   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #67

Well, I can't complain - my server hasn't changed in popularity at all, but maybe even got more popular because the knife plugin we used caused a lot of server crashes.
Now that it's gone, we get almost zero (apart from the 30-36 hour crashes cuz out of memory, Valve has to fix this).
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-10-2015 , 14:01   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #68

Vitaliy has replied to the email thread:

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your responses, we’ve answered some of the most common questions below.

(1) Do mods that provide custom knives (e.g., ‘vanilla’ Karambit or Bayonet knives) fall under the same restrictions as mods that spoof other inventory items like weapon skins or display items?
Yes, these mods fall under the same restrictions because they are generating/simulating items that are not owned by a player.

(2) Do mods that provide custom knives or weapons fall under these same restrictions when the items are only visible to the player holding the weapon?
Yes. Regardless of who can see the items, mods should not generate/simulate items that are not owned by a player.

(3) I use a mod that grants stock primary/secondary weapons and grenades to players through a gun selection menu. The mod only drops stock weapons and does not grant knives. Is this mod ok?
Yes, it’s fine to provide basic stock weapons to players via a mod.

(4) Assuming that I’m not granting an item that a player does not own:
-Is it ok to have a “remove all weapons”/”hide knife” function on a server?
-Is it ok to have a “knife drop”/”knife switch” function that allows a player to drop their knife (that they own) so another player can pick it up?
Both of these functions are fine. There are some game modes where it makes sense to have unarmed players (e.g., surf), and in a trading server being able give a player your knife to inspect is fine too. In general, letting players use what they own in a new way isn’t a problem.

(5) I’m using a mod that doesn’t spoof competitive ranks or coins, but it does adjust the scoreboard (e.g., a surf server where group tags represent skill rating, score is your rank on the server, MVP is your completion percentage, etc.). Is this ok?
At the moment we have no issue with mods that modify scores or player names in the scoreboard.

(6) What is the time frame for making these changes?
Ideally these changes would be made immediately, but we understand if server operators need a few days to make their adjustments. We’ll continue to monitor over the next week, and will post a notification if any further action needs to be taken.

Thanks,
The CS:GO Team
Old 07-10-2015 , 14:02   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #69

An update with a Q&A from Vitaliy:

<removed, beaten by blackhawk>

Mostly as expected, but knife swapping being allowed and the timeline are interesting.

Last edited by thorgot; 07-10-2015 at 14:02.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-10-2015 , 14:07   Re: Valve's request to CS:GO community owners
Reply With Quote #70

Here's my question - if you enable sv_cheats and give weapon_karambit, you get a karambit. What's to stop someone from writing a plugin that keeps sv_cheats enabled, locks every cheat command except all give <knife> commands? That way technically we would be abiding by the new rules, yet still get vanilla knives. Hell, you could even make a menu for people that just executes a client give command, so to the client it would act just like the original knife plugin.

Thoughts?

Edit: It's not like they can say "stop using sv_cheats to give yourself weapons" - then it's just getting petty and ridiculous (as if it hasn't already).

Edit 2: Or somehow un-cheatprotecting those commands, so people can still get achievements (since sv_cheats 1 disables achievements).

Last edited by sneaK; 07-10-2015 at 14:46.