Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

STRANGE FAST DOWNLOAD BUG!!!!

Post New Thread Reply   

bobis
Old 07-15-2011 , 15:45   STRANGE FAST DOWNLOAD BUG!!!!
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys again!!!!

For long time, I was being encountered with a minor bug for me, which I call STRANGE FDL BUG!!! I will try to explain.

I am using fast download commands in order to help clients and other friends to download maps and custom files quickly. The files are being downloaded fine from FDL host, in bz2 format and I can see them in my client cstrike folder ( I mean Steam/Steapps/username/....cstrike/ ).

HOWEVER, when I play to an another server and then, connect to one of my servers, I always notice that I RE-DOWNLOAD custom sounds or other materials or skins AGAIN , EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE DOWLOADED THEM WELL. During this re-downloading , i see the files being downloaded both in their normal unzipped format and zipped format, for example, I see downlading quake/dominating.mp3 and after that quake/dominating.mp3.bz2 and no white line filled at download-progress-line-of-bars, as you see below

WARNING!!!THIS IMAGE IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, NOT DEPICTING MY PROBLEM!!!

So, what do you think can cause this strange bug? When I quit css and then restart it, i can join my servers normally , no fake re-downloads.
But, if only there was a solution to deal with it permanently...
henk717
Old 07-16-2011 , 03:29   Re: STRANGE FAST DOWNLOAD BUG!!!!
Reply With Quote #2

I am aware of this bug as well.
It is caused when you try to connect to a sv_pure 0 server when the last server you played on had sv_pure 1 or sv_pure 2.
The bug has been created in a sv_pure patch against maphacks.

Apart from waiting or restarting your client there is no easy fix i know for it.

www.bouncyball.eu - Revolution Coop - Join - Spectate
bobis
Old 07-16-2011 , 17:33   Re: STRANGE FAST DOWNLOAD BUG!!!!
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk717 View Post
I am aware of this bug as well.
It is caused when you try to connect to a sv_pure 0 server when the last server you played on had sv_pure 1 or sv_pure 2.
The bug has been created in a sv_pure patch against maphacks.

Apart from waiting or restarting your client there is no easy fix i know for it.

My servers are not set to sv_pure 0 , but I have sv_pure 1 with the materials and sounds I want to be played listed at pure_server_whitelist.txt at orangebox/hl2 folder.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-18-2011 , 12:56   Re: STRANGE FAST DOWNLOAD BUG!!!!
Reply With Quote #4

This happens whenever you switch between sv_pure 1 servers with different whitelists.

Sadly, since all files are locked down with the default whitelist, many servers use custom whitelists to allow addon sounds. materials, and models.

There's a thread on the SourceMod boards about this.