Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Restricting features by IP or MAC address

Post New Thread Reply   

zerg
Old 12-30-2020 , 13:03   Restricting features by IP or MAC address
Reply With Quote #1

Good afternoon people.

I would like to take a doubt and find out if it is possible.

We are setting up a server here for the city, we are a provider and we would like our subscribers to have privileges.

For example, only those who subscribe to our provider have access as skins.

It's possible? It by MAC, IP.

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 12-30-2020 at 14:06. Reason: Adjusted title to be more descriptive
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-30-2020 , 14:06   Re: Restricting features by IP or MAC address
Reply With Quote #2

Since this one doesn't seem to be the first time, please consider the Use descriptive topic titles phrase, as mentioned n the AlliedModders Rules:

With thread titles like "help plugin", or "can you help me", - you can be very sure that the majority of all people will just ignore your threads.

Based on your phrasings / thread content, I have edited your title to "Restricting features by IP or MAC address", if you don't feel that one is fully appropriate for your thread, you can click Edit Post, then go to Advanced Mode to make further adjustments to the title.

All that being said, SourceMod already allows you to provide access privileges based on IP address, see Adding Admins (SourceMod) for more information.

A caveat there may however be that if your "provider" for example have 1024 IPv4 addresses, then you must add each one of them individually, meaning 1024 lines.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
zerg
Old 12-30-2020 , 19:53   Re: Restricting features by IP or MAC address
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDeviL View Post
Since this one doesn't seem to be the first time, please consider the Use descriptive topic titles phrase, as mentioned n the AlliedModders Rules:

With thread titles like "help plugin", or "can you help me", - you can be very sure that the majority of all people will just ignore your threads.

Based on your phrasings / thread content, I have edited your title to "Restricting features by IP or MAC address", if you don't feel that one is fully appropriate for your thread, you can click Edit Post, then go to Advanced Mode to make further adjustments to the title.

All that being said, SourceMod already allows you to provide access privileges based on IP address, see Adding Admins (SourceMod) for more information.

A caveat there may however be that if your "provider" for example have 1024 IPv4 addresses, then you must add each one of them individually, meaning 1024 lines.

Perfect title, thank you very much, I believe that for sourcemod it would be a little unviable