Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?

Post New Thread Reply   

crimsontide
Old 09-16-2017 , 18:34   are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, i play a lot of day of defeat and i was wondering if there was any mods,or plugins compatible with sturmbot, stuff like flamethrower or bind hook, stuff like that. If theres any that work please let me know, thanks.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2017 , 20:22   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #2

That is an extremely vague question. If you want to see if a plugin works with the bots then you should simply install the plugin and try it out.
Old 09-16-2017 , 20:31   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
That is an extremely vague question. If you want to see if a plugin works with the bots then you should simply install the plugin and try it out.
i was just wondering so i wouldnt go through all the trouble just for it not to work. Edit, apparently it is impossible to install amx mod to sturmbot. damn. :/

Last edited by crimsontide; 09-16-2017 at 21:14.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2017 , 02:11   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #4

IIRC, you can install both Sturmbot and AMX Mod X since they are both MetaMod plugins. Sturmbot was never properly finished AFIAK. Shrikebot was the only one that I knew that was a reasonably stable and reliable bot for Day of Defeat which is unfortunate because Sturmbot had better AI.
Old 09-17-2017 , 09:30   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #5

If the question you're asking is whether bots can use amxmodx custom content such as spells, abilities or weapons (that don't both replace the default ones and have similar functionality) the answer is no regardless of what mod you're asking for. The AI has no idea about that stuff and will keep playing as default as it can.
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.
dinhojack
Old 09-18-2017 , 03:54   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #6

Nope, bots can't use amxmodx custom content
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2017 , 21:05   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #7

I guess I didn't realize that he might be asking for bots to actually use these commands.
Old 09-21-2017 , 23:32   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #8

actually bots in other half life games CAN use amxmodx custom content. such as zombie plague and war3ft.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2017 , 23:14   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #9

Yeah, well, did you see any documentation that says that Sturmbot can do it? There would have to be some sort of configuration file to set that stuff up.

Also, those plugins might simply be replacing weapons meaning that when the bot chooses a normal weapon, the plugin normally handles it differently just like everyone else.
Old 09-23-2017 , 06:57   Re: are there any mods or plugins compatible with sturmbot?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsontide View Post
actually bots in other half life games CAN use amxmodx custom content. such as zombie plague and war3ft.
It's because those mods have support for bots. Bots addons can't support every mod out there, but those mods can support bots if programmed that way.