12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

punkrockerlocker
Old 01-24-2010 , 19:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Sorry, forgot you were the one without a web server. You don't need to set any file permissions if you do not run a web server.

IUSR_* is the anonymous user for IIS servers.
Oh alright. Thanks!

Another thing....Why does the plugin display the stats of other players when I type !rank? It was working fine at the start but now when I host, I do not see my own stats when using !rank command.

It seems to me that it recognizes me by my IP address. Is there a way to set the database to name recognition? My ISP does not provide me with a static one.

Last edited by punkrockerlocker; 01-24-2010 at 20:21.
iNFiNiTeX
Old 01-24-2010 , 20:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #52

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to set this up if you've never used MySQL or PHP before?
Paco
Old 01-25-2010 , 00:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNFiNiTeX View Post
Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to set this up if you've never used MySQL or PHP before?
You need MySQL and PHP running somewhere. I know Godaddy is quite cheap for webhosting and gives you plenty of MySQL databases to use.
Paco
Old 01-25-2010 , 00:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #54

Is there a way to stop or disable stats while the server is running? I'd like to be able to do this if we're just screwing around in the server and don't want the stats tracked.

Thank you!
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 01:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockerlocker View Post
Why does the plugin display the stats of other players when I type !rank? It was working fine at the start but now when I host, I do not see my own stats when using !rank command.
Good find! It's a bug. I will fix this in the soon to be released minor update.

Quote:
It seems to me that it recognizes me by my IP address. Is there a way to set the database to name recognition? My ISP does not provide me with a static one.
No it does not recognize you by your IP or your name, but by your Steam ID. I won't do it the other way, at least not now.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 01-25-2010 at 02:02.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 02:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Is there a way to stop or disable stats while the server is running? I'd like to be able to do this if we're just screwing around in the server and don't want the stats tracked.

Thank you!
To be honest I don't know if there's a cvar to disable stats tracking, but you can always unload the plugin by hitting this to your console: "sm plugins unload l4d_stats".

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
punkrockerlocker
Old 01-25-2010 , 04:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:

No it does not recognize you by your IP or your name, but by your Steam ID. I won't do it the other way, at least not now.
Oh alright. I thought it was recognizing players by ip address because I was wondering why !rank was displaying other people's stats when I restarted. Anyway, thanks alot for such a great plugin! Great work!
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 06:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Quote:
Why does the plugin display the stats of other players when I type !rank? It was working fine at the start but now when I host, I do not see my own stats when using !rank command.
I have to take this back. In my testings it seems to be working just fine. You don't happen to play the game with your friends in LAN and with the same Steam IDs?

I'm not sure how LAN is supposed to work. Don't the players get the unique Steam ID when playing in LAN?

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2010 , 06:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNFiNiTeX View Post
There are tons of tutorials and easy guides at the interweb for those services. Google is your friend.

chunXray
Old 01-25-2010 , 07:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B46
Reply With Quote #60

player.php

pls let me know if any changes on player.php/player.tpl when this bug is fix