Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Make anything a MapMaker can -Not all ents supported yet-

Post New Thread Reply   

Anpheus
Old 09-13-2004 , 16:29  
Reply With Quote #21

I'll reiterate to you, Twilight, that if you need -any- algorithm work done with entity modification I'd be glad to assist with that as well.

Including saving entities.
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 09-13-2004 , 18:12  
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anpheus
I'll reiterate to you, Twilight, that if you need -any- algorithm work done with entity modification I'd be glad to assist with that as well.

Including saving entities.
You. Saving. Do. Now.

I can spawn any object with my plugin....you do the saving, and everything except moving, yes? That would be good...very very good...

Yesssss......
Old 09-14-2004 , 02:55  
Reply With Quote #23

please ....Anyone that can fix this for .20 would be awesome. I am trying to learn scripting myself, but am just starting, so I don't know how to fix this yet. If anyone could please please give it a shot that would be awesome. I would really appreciate it.
Send a message via AIM to ZeroTolerance
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 09-14-2004 , 11:12  
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance
please ....Anyone that can fix this for .20 would be awesome. I am trying to learn scripting myself, but am just starting, so I don't know how to fix this yet. If anyone could please please give it a shot that would be awesome. I would really appreciate it.
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it tho. It doesnt use anything 0.16 specific. It seems to HATE how I define a local variable on ONE line...
Old 09-14-2004 , 18:50  
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Suzuka
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it tho. It doesnt use anything 0.16 specific. It seems to HATE how I define a local variable on ONE line...
No it is EVERY line that you define local variables

error 003: declaration of a local variable must appear in a compound block

As well as other miscellaneous errors that lead to a fatal error because of too many error messages on a single line.

We tried breaking the local variables up into seperate lines and spaceing them differently and all sorts of different ways of introduceing new local variables but nothing seemed to work.

Whichever function you move to the top will present the same error, they all would at the same time but the compiler gives up before it ever reaches them.

I still haven't found a solution.
(Not that Ive tried much since I spoke with Suzuka on MSN yesterday )
Anpheus
Old 09-14-2004 , 21:46  
Reply With Quote #26

If she'd actually show me the code instead of simply alluding to its existence I might offer a suggestion.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2004 , 07:55  
Reply With Quote #27

There are tons of errors in this. I advice anyone to not use this at all because it probably does nasty things to your server.

Code:
public set_counter(id,level,cid){     if (!cmd_access(id,level,cid,1))     new cmd[32], target[50], killtarget[50], delay[50], message[50], netname[50]     read_argv(1,target,49)

You seem to have missed something in (all of) the command functions. To indent correctly the above it would look like this:

Code:
public set_counter(id,level,cid){     if (!cmd_access(id,level,cid,1))         new cmd[32], target[50], killtarget[50], delay[50], message[50], netname[50]     read_argv(1,target,49)
Now you can see that this has gone horribly wrong...

Which scripting school did you go to?

Honestly, I think I will move this to trash section because it's so horrible. Try again!