Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Fast Download Problem

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Elec0
Old 03-09-2010 , 12:22   Re: Fast Download Problem

Well now I have another problem...I really think the server hates me now.
Anyway, I got the fast dl up, but when I try and donload a map it gives me the 'Can't CRC [mapname]'. And it downloads the map, but only 100kb of it for some reason. I know the maps work, so that's not wrong. If I have the map in my client maps folder I can connect and everything works.
Old 03-09-2010 , 12:36   Re: Fast Download Problem

go into tf\DownloadLists
in there, there should be some txt files. like surf_ something
inside that txt it would be like "tf2/maps/surf_.bsp" and a nav if you have them. replace it with the url, so "http://fastdl.elec0.com/tf2/"
worked for me on css. if not just repalce it with "http://fastdl.elec0.com/tf2/maps/themap"
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2010 , 12:58   Re: Fast Download Problem

The CRC error means that the file is corrupted. This has nothing to do with the references in DownloadLists. Check if your web server has a limit on file sizes. Also, verify if the files you uploaded have the right size. You may want to re-upload your files.
Old 03-09-2010 , 16:10   Re: Fast Download Problem

@lob(uk:
You're full of crab.

@omgitsme:
Editing those files is rather pointless since the server updates (overwrites) the file on every mapchange. The files listed in the DownloadList are the ones you should put on your downloadurl webserver. Provided you changeleveled to each new/updated map on your server at least once, this list will be complete.

@Elec0:
Another possibility is that you renamed your files into .bsp.bz2 without actually compressing them using bzip2. A direct link to the maps you have problems with could really help in analyzing your problems...
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2010 , 16:55   Re: Fast Download Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
@lob(uk:
You're full of crab.
Grow up and show some respect idiot.
Elec0
Old 03-09-2010 , 20:55   Re: Fast Download Problem

http://fastdl.team-vipers.com/maps/surf_furst.bsp.bz2
I know it's not in a tf directory, but they have all their servers set up like that and the fast dl works.
Old 03-09-2010 , 21:24   Re: Fast Download Problem

The URL you gave works. I just downloaded the map from there, extracted it, put it on a dedicated Linux TF2 server, set the download URL to "http://fastdl.team-vipers.com/", connected to the server, and it downloaded the bz2 from there like it should. So everything's working fine here, as it should.

And your problem is...?

(Just in case there was a misunderstanding: when I said direct link, I meant direct link to a map on your own downloadurl place, not someone elses that already works...).
Elec0
Old 03-09-2010 , 21:56   Re: Fast Download Problem

I uploaded that map directly from my server computer, so it's the same thing.
Hmm, I'm not sure exactly. Like I said, it gives me the CRC error. I'll try a couple things and see how it turns out.
Old 03-10-2010 , 06:47   Re: Fast Download Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob (UK View Post
You should really do some research before making silly statements. If you seriously believe that the sv_downloadurl "http://elec0.com/games/tf2" could ever work, then you have a lot to learn LoL.

There is no such game folder called tf2. It doesnt exist and hence will never be found.

Here is a great tutorial - http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/5240

sv_downloadurl has to end in /tf for Team Fortress 2

- Lob (UK)
And you called them silly?
I don't use /tf2 OR /tf for my downloadurl, why? Because I'm not a complete moron and know how downloadurl works. Whatever url you use, the game will assume that the folders /maps, /sound, etc, are inside of it, so it does not matter what url you give it, as long as it has the proper file structure under it.

Quote:
I have only been building and running Servers with a fast download redirect for over 5 years so i suppose i dont know that much then really LoL.
Good for you, the fact that you somehow made anything other than /tf for the downloadurl screw up really shows you know a lot.

I'm assuming you told that guy up there to learn respect because he is a junior member, while you, a senior. So I will repeat what you did: Grow up and show some respect idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec0 View Post
I uploaded that map directly from my server computer, so it's the same thing.
Hmm, I'm not sure exactly. Like I said, it gives me the CRC error. I'll try a couple things and see how it turns out.
I believe it is possibly your own game screwing up with the download. Have you checked to see if others on your server are downloading the file correctly?

Last edited by Cooltad; 03-10-2010 at 06:52.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2010 , 08:12   Re: Fast Download Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltad View Post
And you called them silly?

Good for you, the fact that you somehow made anything other than /tf for the downloadurl screw up really shows you know a lot.

I'm assuming you told that guy up there to learn respect because he is a junior member, while you, a senior. So I will repeat what you did: Grow up and show some respect idiot.
More nonsense from another child who also needs to grow up and show some respect to others.

You guys should read posts properly and do some research assuming you have the ability to read which is probably doubtful.

The information and advice i gave works perfectly despite these childish arguments.

The reason why this poor guy is still not sorted is very obvious when you look at some of the ridiculous attacking that is going on. The thread has been completely hijacked by clueless children who would rather attack than actually help.

You guys should concentrate on helping the OP instead of trying to destroy his thread with adolesent attacking.

My advice to the OP is to make a new thread because this one has been purposely destroyed and hijacked.

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 03-10-2010 at 08:32.
Closed Thread