12% 

Deagles' Map Management 2.10i

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-02-2004 , 16:21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooL
The only way to fix that is to reduce the # of maps. I think once we got below 110 maps our servers stopped causing people to overflow.
Did you try what I suggested a few posts back ??

If you read the top of the source mapmanager.sma:
Code:
#define MAX_MAPS_AMOUNT 128
Change that to
Code:
#define MAX_MAPS_AMOUNT 512
Kryptonite
Old 11-06-2004 , 14:19  

Is this working for DoD with the latest nightly builds?

Send a message via AIM to Kryptonite
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2004 , 16:26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
lantz69 would be correct about the listmaps problem. This was only created to use 128 maps or less, if you have more edit the .sma and recompile it.

To Everyone

The way AMX MOD X 0.2.0 has been recoded there are problems with the set_task and remove_task. These functions have been changed up and this plugin relies heavily on those functions. Thier have been bugs with these functions and many other things.

The bad news about this is how these functions were changed/fixed it looks like in order to fix the freezetime problem for AMX MOD X .20 is that this plugin has to be rewritten from stratch. There doesnt seem to be a fix changing the code of this plugin within having to rewrite the entire thing. No matter what myself and Monolyth have done with the code we continually run into this problem.

Monolyth and myself have concluded that there is no abosulote fix for this problem, seeing how AMX MOD X changed how these things work and the only way to fix this would be to totally rewrite this amazing plugin from stratch. Sometimes the freeze time works like its suppose to, sometimes it doesnt, that is something it looks like we will have to live with until someone gets the time to completely make a whole new plugin from stratch doing what this one does.

This is somewhat bad news, my suggestion would be to live with the map freezing problem or simply disable it from being used.

Sorry for the late replies but I have been busy with school and all those other things.

Thanks for supporting this amazing plugin.
Soo it will work with DoD but a little bugs, I wouldnt know?

FroXeN
Old 11-07-2004 , 01:35  

Code:
L 11/06/2004 - 23:30:58: [mapmanager.amxx] ML_NOTFOUND: LOG_AMX_FOUND_MAP_TXT
L 11/06/2004 - 23:30:59: [mapmanager.amxx] ML_NOTFOUND: LOG_AMX_NO_BANNED_MAP_TXT
L 11/06/2004 - 23:31:13: [mapmanager.amxx] ML_NOTFOUND: LOG_AMX_LOAD_PICK_VOTE
L 11/06/2004 - 23:31:13: [mapmanager.amxx] ML_NOTFOUND: LOG_AMX_NOT_LOAD_BAN
What is with this error from i have followed all the installations but i get this error on startup

http://Ms-Proxy.Com Join the fun!
Send a message via ICQ to FroXeN
FroXeN
Old 11-07-2004 , 02:02  

never mind i fixed that, But now i have seen 1 issues with this awsume plugin.. First off this effects both windows and linux servers. When you fire the sound waves are delayed for some reason i have check this from the language part above with those error when it was not added it made me fire normaly and i could hear the sounds every time i fired now . When i fixed by adding the data/lang it slows everything down suck as moving sounds and other things wich is annoying how is this fixed?

FroXeN
Old 11-07-2004 , 02:16  

ok since i have fixed that aswell i would like to blame this issues on the mapmanager.amxx because i compiled the sma and it works fine so that amxx file is really fucked up ok thank you

Kamikaze
Old 11-11-2004 , 09:36  

Bigballer, not sure if u remember my posts before, I found where it locks up at.

If you nominate maps by typing for example: de_dust then it works fine.

If you nominate maps by typing for example: dust then it will lock up.

Can you update the plugin to remove the coding to be able to type a map without the maptype_ part, this always happens so that part of the plugin is non functional at the moment.

When you define over 128 maps, typing listmaps will make the user that typed that overflow, probably because the plugin wasn't designed for over 128 maps.

Update: Happens when using with vote and nominate too
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Old 11-11-2004 , 10:08   Updated plugin

I fixed that problem, here's what I edited:

Changed:

Code:
format(tester,127,"%s_%s",maptypes[i],map2)

To:

Code:
format(tester,127,"%s",map2)

Changed:

Code:
format(chat2,255,"%s_%s",maptypes[i],saymap2)

To:

Code:
format(chat2,255,"%s",saymap2)

Now the locking up issue seems to be resolved, I'll report back if it occurs again.

Now I'm going to try to fix the listmaps issue.
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Old 11-11-2004 , 10:58  

Bigballer, Solution to listmaps problem:

Get it to print out what typing maps * in server console would give you to the clients, this will probably fix that problem, I'm not good at coding quite yet but I'll try to do this but I'm sure you can do it better and faster than I could.

What's really wierd is this:

When I disabled listmaps in the source, you can still type listmaps in console and it still overflows the client, what this means is this:

This is a standard CS command (even tried typing this without AMXX running)
Seems like this is a CS glitch.
Without any mapvoting plugins running, without AMXX running, you can still type listmaps and it will overflow everytime
Changing the name of it to printmaps still overflows the client.

That's why you need to make it so it prints the maps listed from the server console by typing maps *

My server info:
Windows
AMXX 0.20 Nightly 11/8
Kamikaze
Old 11-11-2004 , 17:41  

Ok one more thing when you see this BigBaller, how can I fix this error:

L 11/11/2004 - 177:06: [AMXX] Run time error 25 (parameter error) on line 1906 (file "mapmanager.sma").
L 11/11/2004 - 177:06: String formatted incorrectly - parameter 5 (total 4)

Shown above I changed this:

Code:
format(chat2,255,"%s_%s",maptypes[i],saymap2)

To this:

Code:
format(chat2,255,"%s_%s",saymap2)

I know it's because I removed the maptypes[i] part; if I use the first one it will Lock up when someone types dust instead of typing de_dust. Can this be fixed somehow so I can fix that runtime error without having players type mapname without the de_ part (or whatever map it is)?
Closed Thread