[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2016 , 16:00   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatUnfunGuy View Post
I'm running CS:S. I don't want to limit their use of weapon at all times, just during the nadelevel. And even then it's not so much about limiting their use, but about prioritizing the nade higher, so they don't just switch to the knife. Maybe I could just enable level steal when you're on nade.

WCS is short for Warcraft Source. It adds a race and skill system. Some of these skills add damage to shots. The problem is that the damage boost is programmed in a way where it doesn't count as damage from the weapon. So I was wondering if their was a way to allow people to level up from a kill from any damage source. Players on my server don't have access to any weapon that isn't supplied by the gungame system. I have pick-ups disabled. I get that what I'm doing is in no way supported or intented. So it's fine if there isn't a way to do it. It's just a little sad killing someone with your gun, but it doesn't count because the killing blow was from the bonus damage effect. But that's what happens when you mix and match.

Okay, I was just wondering because inside the gungame config folder are two additional folders. One for CS:S and one for CS:GO and some of the options I've enabled doesn't seem to work. But it's possible I just misunderstood what they were, because others have worked. It wasn't so much about wanting to delete anything, I was just wondering if I had to.

Thanks for the reply
OK, I'm telling you more than you asked, and you may or may not know some of this. First off, if you are finding your BOTs too easy, you might want to change your bot_difficulty (see this list of CS:S Cvars). Generally, you want to set these cvars in your server.cfg so that they reset each map. I believe bot_difficulty defaults to 0 or 1 if you don't specify it anywhere. You can check your bot_difficulty (or any cvar) by typing it into the server console without an operand. Setting bot_difficulty to 3 (Expert) usually ticks some players off (even veterans of the game), 2 is usually sufficient. That said, it might be that your WCS is what is causing the BOTs to be too easy. If you are still finding them too easy when set to expert, then WCS is definitely causing that issue. I think I played an RPG mod once or twice and really, that's fine, but the shell of CS:S really wasn't built for players stats to carry over to the next map, so issues may arise with this type of mod.
As for the nades, there are a couple of options for you inside your gungame.config.txt. You can go with UnlimitedNades 1, but then you have to figure out what you want UnlimitedNadesMinPlayers set to, which would depend on some of your other server settings. Another option is to just set NumberOfNades to something higher than 2, like 10 or 50.

I'm not sure what method that WCS uses to add the additional damage, so that one is hard to answer, but I'd definitely check into any of the settings in gungame.config.text that contain the word "physics".

One last thing, they were talking about rolling SDK hooks into SM. I'm not sure if that ever happened yet or not, but if not, you probably want to install that extension as several of the options available in GG require that extension.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 02-27-2016 at 16:04.
Sarin
Old 03-18-2016 , 06:16   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5022

Hey all,

I keep getting this error, i dont know why;

Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
Failed to find sample rate creating cache data for MP3, cache will be invalid [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
Failed to find file for building soundcache [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'music\casc\gungame2.mp3'.
S
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2016 , 12:57   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarin View Post
Hey all,

I keep getting this error, i dont know why;

Failed to find sample rate creating cache data for MP3, cache will be invalid [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
Failed to find file for building soundcache [ music\casc\gungame2.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'music\casc\gungame2.mp3'.
S
If you have other MP3 files in that folder that are working, I'd think it would be an invalid format MP3. It could just be a slightly corrupted file that still plays in a regular media player, but has something wrong with it. That "Failed to find file..." error concerns me, it leads me to believe the file doesn't exist, though if you can see it in that folder and can play it with a media player, the errors may be errors themselves. If the file is working properly in the game and there are no other issues, I'd just ignore the messages. Other than that, I'd check the properties of the file in question versus other files that do play correctly in-game and don't generate errors messages. Check things like bit rate, sample rate, channels, and possibly the codec. Try to regenerate the sound file using a sound file editor so that matches those properties of the files that do work.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
Sarin
Old 03-21-2016 , 02:53   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
If you have other MP3 files in that folder that are working, I'd think it would be an invalid format MP3. It could just be a slightly corrupted file that still plays in a regular media player, but has something wrong with it. That "Failed to find file..." error concerns me, it leads me to believe the file doesn't exist, though if you can see it in that folder and can play it with a media player, the errors may be errors themselves. If the file is working properly in the game and there are no other issues, I'd just ignore the messages. Other than that, I'd check the properties of the file in question versus other files that do play correctly in-game and don't generate errors messages. Check things like bit rate, sample rate, channels, and possibly the codec. Try to regenerate the sound file using a sound file editor so that matches those properties of the files that do work.
Thanks heaps for the reply. The strange thing is it works on my server but not in another.........very strange i feel........all good though....thanks for now =]
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2016 , 20:53   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarin View Post
Thanks heaps for the reply. The strange thing is it works on my server but not in another.........very strange i feel........all good though....thanks for now =]
If you are running 2 servers that are exactly the same as far as MM:S, SM, and whatever game, and that MP3 file plays normally on one server but not the other, then I'd highly suspect the MP3 file of being corrupt on the one server. Back up the file that doesn't work (just in case), and copy the working file over from the other server.

My plugins:
chc
Old 04-07-2016 , 04:03   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5026

so i searched and couldn't find anything but when the round ends. all the live players are killed and spawn after the dead players. Am i overlooking a command to avoid this?
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2016 , 13:55   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5027

Quote:
Originally Posted by chc View Post
so i searched and couldn't find anything but when the round ends. all the live players are killed and spawn after the dead players. Am i overlooking a command to avoid this?
Not sure what you mean about dead players spawning. Are you running some sort of zombie mod? Explain what game you are running, what other mods you are running, and what the issue is in a bit more detail.

My plugins:
ai52487963
Old 04-14-2016 , 01:58   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5028

Hi all, I'm trying to set up a gungame server and have very little experience with sourcemod plugins. I have a csgo dedicated server installed, I followed the directions for installing the plugins on page 1 of the thread, but now what do I do? My startup command for the server is:

Quote:
srcds -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +map de_dust2
gungane_enabled gives me a result of "1", so I'm assuming something's running. Yet, if I try to run gg_enable, I get an unknown command error. How do I go about activating the plugin?

My server's output looks like this:
bongotrommler
Old 04-14-2016 , 04:19   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5029

Upload the translationfolder from gg to your sm translationfolder.
ai52487963
Old 04-15-2016 , 20:25   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5030

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongotrommler View Post
Upload the translationfolder from gg to your sm translationfolder.
Thanks for that. I have my server starting with a start.bat file with the following code:

Code:
srcds -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 0 +map de_dust2
However, when I join the server, it's currently running in casual competitive mode and not gungame. I'm unsure how to get the server to start in gungame mode or start the mode when it's already running.

The following server output shows that gungame is installed on the server and that it's enabled to some extent, but the gg_enable command doesn't work in the server cmd or if I log in to the server with admin rights and try running it in console there.

Any ideas?