Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Help please

Post New Thread Reply   

urinalcakes
Old 08-23-2010 , 09:31   Help please
Reply With Quote #1

I've tried adding a few individual heroes outside of a mega pack of superheroes, and they never worked. i followed the steps, added the .amxx file into the '\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\plugins' folder, and even added the .sma to the '\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting' folder. However, the .ini file i used to put all the heroes i've used to far (2 packs) is named plugin-shero.ini. This is the path i used:
'\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs\plugins-shero.ini' Which is where all my working previous heroes are, instead of
'\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs\plugins.ini' which is where i was supposed to put all my previous heroes at apparently according to the guide. But it doesnt explain why all the other heroes work, but not individual ones that i get from the forums. Please someone help me work this out.
G-Dog
Old 08-23-2010 , 09:37   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #2

open scripting folder and run compile.exe(.sh) and copy the .amxx files in scripting/compiled instead of the ones from the pack
urinalcakes
Old 08-23-2010 , 09:47   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #3

I don't know exactly what you mean by copy the .amxx files in scripting/compiled instead of the ones from the pack. All i have in the \cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting folder are .sma files. I also ran the compile.exe in the scripting folder, but I dont know what it did.
Exploited
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2010 , 10:08   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #4

Drag your .sma files and drop them on compile.exe. Make sure you have all the superhero incs in your includes folder.
Jelle (1): You know when a poo is about to exit but it is too big?
Jelle (1): God my ass still hurts
urinalcakes
Old 08-23-2010 , 10:11   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #5

would a hero like exodus, seperate from any pack, also have a seperate inc for itself or something? (this is all new to me, i got individual heroes from packs to work, just not individual ones from this site)
Exploited
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2010 , 10:48   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #6

Try it. Iirc Exodus does not use an custom incs. Most (if not all?) heroes does not.
urinalcakes
Old 08-23-2010 , 11:21   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #7

i compiled it and it still did not work. does it have to be in alphabetical order in the plugins-shero.ini file? does it matter where i put it? or could it be because i used plugins-shero.ini as the file to put the heroes instead of just plugins.ini?
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 08-23-2010 , 12:02   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #8

Download them from here, and not from a pack, since the pack is probably outdated. Then just press "get plugin" and you get an amxx file for that hero. It can't be more simple.
Exploited
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2010 , 12:19   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #9

Did the compile run smoothly or did you get any warnings? Or hell, did it even get compiled, or did you get any errors?

If so, please post them here.
urinalcakes
Old 08-23-2010 , 12:22   Re: Help please
Reply With Quote #10

Well i dont think the problem was the heroes from the pack, because i added a whole pack and it worked, and then i added heroes from another addon pack individually and they worked too, the only ones that didnt work were the ones i DID get from here individually, i just got the source download and plugin download and added them to the plugin folder and scripting folder where they belonged. Are you sure the packs are the problem?
And yeah i ran the compile.exe and it gave errors for only 1 hero that i didnt really care about, a goldenak hero. but that doesnt matter, and i dont really know what the compile did, it just openned a black box, ran the thing and brought up info and stats about each hero or something in a long list and then eventually finished and just said done. I went back and looked to see if squall or exodus or ubergunner (all the individual ones i got from here) and they all finished without errors.

Last edited by urinalcakes; 08-23-2010 at 12:26.