Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

attach_view issue (model is inverted when aiming up/down)

Post New Thread Reply   

SVC
Old 03-30-2021 , 09:06   attach_view issue (model is inverted when aiming up/down)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all, i'm new here, but i've been visit this forum from a long time ago.

Either way, i'm written this thread because i'm start having some problems with attach_view native (pfnSetView). In order to explain detail, this is what I've done:

I make a weapon-ent (info_target), then I set this model to a weapon (lets say ak47) and change the player's view to this entity. Theoretically with this way we can make customizable weapons (I mean add glowing, change sking and/or body easily, etc)

The issue comes when i look up with that entity, basically when I do that the weapon that you'are watching will go look to the down-side. In other words, when player's view is normal and you look up, whatever weapon you have will look up too (the same to the down-side); but strangely, this doesn't happen when I changes player's view this custom weapon-ent (even it's like if up/down view is inverted)

I've try many ways of avoid that, but without success. So I came here and hope if anybody knows a way of doing that (or at least have experienced with this issue)

And yes, as you probable are thinking, all this is only for the purpose of making custom-weapons but I don't care if at the final this can be achieved or not. I only made this thread to share this issue and hope anybody can explain better this.

So this is all, I will waiting any response
Thanks for all, and please forgiveme for bad english.

Last edited by SVC; 03-02-2022 at 17:27.
SVC
Old 03-30-2021 , 17:17   Re: attach_view (maybe an issue)
Reply With Quote #2

Hello again!.

In order to explain much better this issue, I will show the code I'm actually using:

PHP Code:
#include    AMXMODX
#include    ENGINE

new bool:g_bInvertYaw;

public 
plugin_init()
{

register_clcmd("__weapon__""__give_weapon__");

register_clcmd("invert_angle""invert_angle");
}

public 
invert_angle() g_bInvertYaw = !g_bInvertYaw;

public 
__give_weapon__(const iPlayer)
{

// It's only for testing purpose; code can be improved a lot, I know :)...

new Float:fCoords[3];

entity_get_vector(iPlayerEV_VEC_originfCoords);

fCoords[2] += 35.0;

new 
iWeapon create_entity("info_target");
    {

entity_set_origin(iWeaponfCoords);

etity_set_model(iWeapon"models/v_ak47.mdl");

entity_set_string(iWeaponEV_SZ_classname"__custom_weapon__");

entity_set_edict(iWeaponEV_ENT_owneriPlayer);

entity_set_float(iWeaponEV_FL_nextthink0.001);

// I think doesn't necessary explain what it does..

attach_view(iPlayeriWeapon);

register_think("__custom_weapon__""__think_custom_weapon__");
    }
}

public 
__think_custom_weapon__(const iEnt)
{
    new 
iOwner entity_get_edict(iEntEV_ENT_owner);

/*
    Here I set custom-weapon's angles to the player's view-angles
    However even if I reverse they (more precisely the yaw-angle), the up/down view will be reverse "again"

I can't explain better this, so when you test code you will see what i've saying
    */

static Float:fViewAngles[3];

entity_get_vector(iEntEV_VEC_v_anglefViewAngles);

// What I'm doing here is reverse the up/down angle (for testing) but doesn't not have effect

if (g_bInvertYaw)

fViewAngles[0] = -fViewAngles[0];

entity_set_vector(iEntEV_VEC_anglesfViewAngles);

entity_set_float(iEntEV_FL_nextthink0.001);

Now, the reason what I'm reverse the yaw-angle on weapon's think is because before testing this way, I was creating this entity and in each frame I put his coords in front on player's view (by hooking pfnAddToFullPack), nothing new really; The thing is if I use the player's v_angles I need to reverse the yaw-angle so that the custom-weapon ent will aim correctly. So i was thinking doing that here will work too, but it seems that not.

I hope you will understand now better this.

Again sorry for my bad english, and sorry if this can be considered "bump"
SVC
Old 03-02-2022 , 14:52   Re: attach_view (maybe an issue)
Reply With Quote #3

Hello again, after a long time I have come back to ask you for help with this. I recently opened a thread on the official GitHub page but I haven't received any response yet.

I really hope that I can receive any help on this topic, regardless of whether it can be achieved in the end or not.

For those who have not yet understood, I summarize them:
  1. I create a custom entity (I assign its respective model, its origin, etc...).
  2. I link it to the player in question (pev->owner).
  3. I assign the player's view to this new entity (pfnSetView/PF_setview_I).
  4. On each entity think I take the v_angle of the player and assign them to the entity.
  5. If I rotate my camera sideways (right/left), everything works fine, the "gun" is aimed fine.
  6. If I point my camera up -> the player view will also point up (this is fine) BUT -> the entity model will point down (this is wrong).
  7. If I pointed my camera down, the same thing happens as in the previous case but in reverse (player view is pointed down -> model points up).

In conclusion using the code I left above, an issue occurs when you aim down and/or up with the "gun" (it's just a simple model, and the same thing happens regardless of the model; I even tried the chick.mdl and the same thing happened).

Here are some pictures for better understanding:

Default camera position

Pointing up (the model "goes down")

Pointing down (the model "goes up")

I look forward to your responses. I think that if this can be solved it can be a great method to customize weapons, I hope so.

Excuse my bad english, I use the translator.

Last edited by SVC; 03-02-2022 at 14:55.