12% 

CS:S Team Balance

Post New Thread Reply   

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-11-2012 , 23:31   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #601

@paterinvictus

1) The plugin doesn't balance based on team size nor does it appear to be coded with such intent. Instead, it balances based on a client's kill/death ratio. In theory, you can set sm_team_balance_maintain_size to 1 and fiddle with the other cvars until it's impossible to balance unless teams are uneven. However, there is mp_autobalance and several other alternatives for this.

2) sm_team_balance_admin_flags looks for a specific flag: if you provide b, yet you only have z, you will not be included. This was how it was written, a method that is discouraged and will be rectified whenever I can get around to it. However, it's strongly recommended to not use immunity as it gimps the rotation algorithm dalto wrote. I'm assuming you have sm_team_balance_admin_immunity enabled.
Old 10-12-2012 , 00:07   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
@paterinvictus

1) The plugin doesn't balance based on team size nor does it appear to be coded with such intent. Instead, it balances based on a client's kill/death ratio. In theory, you can set sm_team_balance_maintain_size to 1 and fiddle with the other cvars until it's impossible to balance unless teams are uneven. However, there is mp_autobalance and several other alternatives for this.

2) sm_team_balance_admin_flags looks for a specific flag: if you provide b, yet you only have z, you will not be included. This was how it was written, a method that is discouraged and will be rectified whenever I can get around to it. However, it's strongly recommended to not use immunity as it gimps the rotation algorithm dalto wrote. I'm assuming you have sm_team_balance_admin_immunity enabled.
Hrm...
Well the problem is, I've been looking for an autobalancer that I can use Immunity for Donators and admins. mp_autobalance is broken, and I have not found a plugin to enable immunities with this. The KDR balance is sort of annoying, as it switches random people all the time and people get annoyed with it. I was excited to see that this plugin had immunity, but if it's broken I suppose Ill have to find something else.
paterinvictus
Old 10-12-2012 , 11:05   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #603

So is there a working Team balancer or Immunity to mp_teambalance plugin out there for CS:GO? I've been pulling my hair out here trying to find something !
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-12-2012 , 16:00   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #604

I may be able to fix immunity not functioning properly whenever I get around to that portion of the script. I'd wager it works, but due to how it's written, the correct flags are not assigned. But if not, shouldn't be too hard, it just breaks the rotation algorithm.
Old 10-12-2012 , 18:14   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #605

Quote:
I may be able to fix immunity not functioning properly whenever I get around to that portion of the script. I'd wager it works, but due to how it's written, the correct flags are not assigned. But if not, shouldn't be too hard, it just breaks the rotation algorithm.

Yea, it seems the Immunity is working. I had to play with it to get it to work. I also adjusted the win ratio to like .25 and it doesnt go crazy every round now. It's not perfect, but it will work for now.
paterinvictus
Old 10-12-2012 , 18:22   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #606

Could someone explain these commands a bit for me. I'm a little confused as to what they do and how they do it. I can't seem to wrap my brain around them....

Code:
// The maximimum number of players on a team for which a single player is balanced
sm_team_balance_single_max 6

// The increment for which additional players are balanced
sm_team_balance_increment 5
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-12-2012 , 19:01   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #607

sm_team_balance_single_max: The plugin is capable of switching more than one person; in fact it will switch as many as it need to to keep the teams balanced. If there are less than 6 players, only 1 person will be switched regardless of how many may be needed. After 6 players, the plugin will switch more.

sm_team_balance_increment: is the next factor to determine how many players are switched. If there's 6-11 players, a maximum of two players can be switched. 12-17 means up to three players can be switched. Granted, this is with the default value of 5. And I'm not too sure if they're inclusive or exclusive, but you get the idea.
Old 10-12-2012 , 19:39   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #608

Quote:
sm_team_balance_single_max: The plugin is capable of switching more than one person; in fact it will switch as many as it need to to keep the teams balanced. If there are less than 6 players, only 1 person will be switched regardless of how many may be needed. After 6 players, the plugin will switch more.

sm_team_balance_increment: is the next factor to determine how many players are switched. If there's 6-11 players, a maximum of two players can be switched. 12-17 means up to three players can be switched. Granted, this is with the default value of 5. And I'm not too sure if they're inclusive or exclusive, but you get the idea.

Thank you kindly for that detailed explanation, it helps me immensely!
ph
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-12-2012 , 19:40   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #609

Can admin immunity be fixed for csgo? Example admin with "res" flag are immune from team balancer.

Please.

Last edited by ph; 10-12-2012 at 19:50. Reason: forgot to say please
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-12-2012 , 19:58   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #610

I don't believe it's broken as paterinvictus was able to get it running; however, it's written in an unfriendly manner. If you specify the flag for 'b', you must have 'b', not just 'z'.