Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download exploit.

Post New Thread Reply   

Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-22-2011 , 15:47   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
You can still upload and download files with ease.
Then again, i did pull that out of my ass so i might be wrong and there is no problem. I'm tired right now so it's not exactly a good combo.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-22-2011 , 16:15   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #42

Kyle was commenting on Valve's "fix", not this plugin.
Old 04-22-2011 , 20:26   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
I'm NOT going to install this onto my server until a fix.
If you're waiting for Valve to fix this, they're not going to. Whomever seems to be handling it internally is obviously unable to comprehend the situation at hand. Someone seems to think blacklisting file extensions is going to get the job done, this is just stupid.

I've been unable to overwrite files while this extension is active.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2011 , 19:22   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #44

From what I've heard, valve hasn't really fixed much have they. I mean they have fixed enough but not enough like most people want.
WebNoob
Old 04-30-2011 , 12:43   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #45

For some reason, ever since installing this (to replace DFENS), every now and then a user will join a full TF2 server, and the entire server's ping will shoot up into to 500-900 range (all accept for the last person who logged on - who's ping looks normal).

Kicking the one person who's ping is normal always seems to fix the issue - IF we're not so lagged out we can't bring up the admin menu.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-30-2011 , 18:51   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #46

WebNoob: I've had that happen too.
Old 05-01-2011 , 15:19   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #47

OK...here's something interesting.....

We've had this happening several times per day across multiple TF2 servers. As opposed to kicking, we started banning the players causing it - in hopes of getting them to come to our forums so we could see what they were doing at the time.

Lo an behold...each and every one of them is running the Mac client. SO....I think there may be something about the Mac client causing these issues. Each one of these people said they had suffered a crash when they joined.
bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-11-2011 , 05:02   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
For some reason, ever since installing this (to replace DFENS), every now and then a user will join a full TF2 server, and the entire server's ping will shoot up into to 500-900 range (all accept for the last person who logged on - who's ping looks normal).

Kicking the one person who's ping is normal always seems to fix the issue - IF we're not so lagged out we can't bring up the admin menu.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?
Is this still happening?
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-11-2011 , 17:14   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechester View Post
Is this still happening?
It's still happening to me on CS:S. I'm not sure this is related to ServerSecure (Files), though.
bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2011 , 18:33   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #50

Can anyone else confirm whether this is still happening or not on their servers?