Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

How can i promote my server ?

Post New Thread Reply   

mrdrug11
Old 07-28-2017 , 22:21   How can i promote my server ?
Reply With Quote #1

As im finished with my server, i was wondering if anyone got any tips on how to get loads of players on the server playing a day. I only get avg 6/7 players constantly every day( That im not friends with on steam)

i know this is quiet random but oh well
Old 07-29-2017 , 07:57   Re: How can i promote my server ?
Reply With Quote #2

Provide something DIFFERENT from other communities, which that people likes. Then some people will join and when they are there, their friends are usually joining as well.

Having a lot of custom materials/models may not be the best way, as most people may cancel the connection attempt if they have to download too much (e.g. staying at the download screen for 30 minutes is a NO-GO).

But other than that, it is all up to you to use your fantasy to provide something great that people fall in love with.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 07-29-2017 at 07:58.
mrdrug11
Old 07-29-2017 , 18:17   Re: How can i promote my server ?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Provide something DIFFERENT from other communities, which that people likes. Then some people will join and when they are there, their friends are usually joining as well.

Having a lot of custom materials/models may not be the best way, as most people may cancel the connection attempt if they have to download too much (e.g. staying at the download screen for 30 minutes is a NO-GO).

But other than that, it is all up to you to use your fantasy to provide something great that people fall in love with.
Thanks man but like i've added many stuff in my store plugin such as custom knives to buy and like player models and have worked hard on only putting maps that are popular but i never seem to get alot of players as most players browsing community servers look for servers that have loads of players on
Old 10-25-2017 , 08:21   Re: How can i promote my server ?
Reply With Quote #4

Hey, maybe I'm going offtopic in your offtopic topic hahaha but as someone very very new to `csgo` and game servers in general, is there a monetary incentive to having a server with a constant flow of users?

Or are you just seeking out for fun?

When I used to play a lot cs1.6 I'd just play mix (pugs) and perform some team trainings against other teams.

Thanks!