Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Voice Join v2.0 (ep1 only) [Teamspeak 2/3, Ventrilo, Mumble] (Updated 25.01.2010)

Post New Thread Reply   

berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-26-2008 , 13:02   Re: Teamspeak join v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerak View Post
request: diffrent channels for diffrent teams?
When a player change team ingame they are moved in TS if possible
Hm, I would have put that on my todo list, but the fact that players can switch their teams makes this useless.
Automatic channel switching would be possible with the Teamspeak TCP query protocol tho,
but this would require the socket extension and setting the admin password and stuff like that, and this is a little bit too much work atm. But if an other coder wants to do this work, this is the way to go.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-26-2008 , 14:45   Re: Teamspeak join v1.1
Reply With Quote #22

Hey Bernie,

This might be a better request for changing channels in TS. Consider no game for the moment. The TS has a default channel that the admin set it too, such as Lobby. In the config file,

Code:
// channel to join after connect
    "channel"        ""
is where it would be specified.

For TS by itself, the client can actually specify the DEFAULT channel to join, if they know it ahead of time, granted the access is allowed by the admin. For example, lets just say Blue and Red channel. A client may change channels by using the TS gui (i.e., double-clicking the desired channel). Of course, this requires being OUT of game.

Another way to change TS channels, is to reconnet to TS and change the Default channel field. The client automatically disconnects and reconnects to that channel.

Now maybe this can be translated to being ingame. Right now your plugin config is set for a single channel, the Default channel by the admin. If a server allows for using > 1 channel, then how about allowing additional configuration for them. I have no idea if that is possible, but trying to paint a picture for you.

How this would work ingame --

!teamspeak Lobby
!teamspeak Red
!teamspeak Blue

I think this avoids the other issue you commented on from zerak's request.

I am sorry if I am wrong and still think this is great.
zerak
Old 08-26-2008 , 14:50   Re: Teamspeak join v1.1
Reply With Quote #23

Nope, I would then join the other teams channel as to gain intel
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-27-2008 , 04:22   Re: Teamspeak join v1.1
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerak View Post
Nope, I would then join the other teams channel as to gain intel
Spies sapping my teamspeak!

However, you could set passwords on these channels if you could get the in-game plugin to allow channel changing. As long as the url isn't visible to the user then that system should work.
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-27-2008 , 04:52   Re: Teamspeak join v1.1
Reply With Quote #25

And on mapchange, how should it know what players are actually on teamspeak and who is not ? (People can leave ts again after join or join without ingame command).

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"