Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

PeterFreimann
Old 12-28-2009 , 09:34   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #331

My problem is that this plugin crashes my server (L4D2). I tested it by disable all new plugins one after another. Now its clear that it is this plugin. Thats really bad because i like it, great plugin!!! The sec. problem is that there is nothing be written inside the logs so i cant make the error out

EDIT: I think i can give all-clear. Yesterday my server crashed all the time, today it crashed only once... i can't make out what it is. But now i think it's not this plugin ^^

Last edited by PeterFreimann; 12-29-2009 at 12:26.
Pescoxa
Old 12-29-2009 , 20:37   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #332

if you run it on a listen server (the client is the server) the plugin doesnt work properly. the client variable is 0, and sometimes the plugin doesnt know who is who... like if someone else starts the vote it says that I started a vote. How to deal with it on a listen server?

And... my F1 and F2 stoped working... I cant vote anymore! (on a listen server)
szewc
Old 12-29-2009 , 21:41   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #333

Can someone tell me Is there a way to disable the voting system totally in l4d 2 ??? or atleast votekick beacouse i have two servers and sometimes i have people votekicking other players or admins without any reason
If there is a way please tell me how

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by szewc; 12-30-2009 at 08:45.
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2009 , 16:05   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by szewc View Post
Can someone tell me Is there a way to disable the voting system totally in l4d 2 ??? or atleast votekick beacouse
If you have problems with kickvotes against admins, set l4d_vote_kick_immunity to 1. You must add urself as an admin too.

But if you want to restrict votes then just set l4d_vote_kick_access to z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda82 View Post
cracked!
ok bye bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterFreimann View Post
My problem is that this plugin crashes my server (L4D2). I tested it by disable all new plugins one after another. Now its clear that it is this plugin. Thats really bad because i like it, great plugin!!! The sec. problem is that there is nothing be written inside the logs so i cant make the error out

EDIT: I think i can give all-clear. Yesterday my server crashed all the time, today it crashed only once... i can't make out what it is. But now i think it's not this plugin ^^
please post:
meta version
meta list
sm version
sm exts list
sm plugins list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescoxa View Post
1) How to deal with it on a listen server?

2) And... my F1 and F2 stoped working... I cant vote anymore! (on a listen server)
You can't.
2) Reassign the buttons in your settings menu.
Stude
Old 01-06-2010 , 09:12   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #335

Okay I just switched my server from L4d to L4d2. My server is rented from gameserver.com I had no problem running plugins for L4D but everytime I try and load out a plugin on my L4d2 server it will not start. I have read where sourcemod is still in beta version and I have read how to add sourcemod to the server manually. (tried that, it doesn't recognize the plugins either), here is the link that I had tried http://forums.gameservers.com/viewto...p?f=33&t=37875

I have my admin priveleges up but I would like to add this plugin as well but it will not allow me to. I have reinstalled server added the steam update and the "install mm:s and sourcemod.

I am not new to this but this is sure making me frustrated!! Any help would be appreciated.
Newf
Old 01-06-2010 , 11:27   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #336

don't use the gameservers update to install sourcemod. it doesn't work. i have mine with them too and had to do it manually. if you click that update it'll screw everything up.
Old 01-06-2010 , 13:53   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #337

Newf... Thanks man... I was wondering about that so should I wipe the server clean and install the beta version myself? What version are you running on yours?
Newf
Old 01-06-2010 , 14:12   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stude View Post
Newf... Thanks man... I was wondering about that so should I wipe the server clean and install the beta version myself? What version are you running on yours?
no worries.

yeah do a complete wipe and use a beta version.
offhand i can't recall which one i'm running. i think there have been a couple of newer release since though. just make sure you grab the linux one. i tried to talk a guy through installing sourcemod for 2 hours one night only to find out he was trying to use the windows version on a linux server. if he was near me i would have punched him in the face.
Old 01-06-2010 , 14:22   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
don't use the gameservers update to install sourcemod. it doesn't work. i have mine with them too and had to do it manually. if you click that update it'll screw everything up.
i always used that and has always worked for me without any problems

maby you have to tell them that it wont work maby they can do something about that

maby they have something wrong
Old 01-06-2010 , 14:35   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-Scorp View Post
i always used that and has always worked for me without any problems

maby you have to tell them that it wont work maby they can do something about that

maby they have something wrong
yeah it could just be really glitchy and not work all the time. it's never worked for me. i'm sure if people brought it to their attention they'd fix it up as their support has always been awesome for me.