Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[PHP][$$$] Donor Coding

Post New Thread Reply   

Blackglade
Old 03-12-2013 , 18:45   [PHP][$$$] Donor Coding
Reply With Quote #1

Well i know this is the sourcemod coding section but most people here are also familiar with some PHP so i thought it would be the best place to post. I basically have a website that runs on vBulletin.

http://rated-awesome.com/

Anyway i am in the process of fixing up the donor stuff and i want to basically have a script that automates the donating process. So in vBulletin we have groups and these groups each have special permissions. All my server admins are in a server admin group and they basically have a little bit of moderation power as well as all member permissions. I also have a member group where all my members go. Now i already have an automated system in vBulletin which once a user pays and donates he/she will be moved to the donor group.

Now all i want to do is simply make php code that checks the donor group and matches it with the sourcebans group. So if a donor is moved into the donor group, the code will take the steam id of that user and match it up with the sourcebans. If he is removed from the donor group, the code will detect and mismatch and match it with sourcebans by removing him from the sourceban donor group. This all would be a cronjob to be set to execute every 5 minutes or so

Btw all my users on the vBulletin are required to sign in through steam making sure that every1 has a steam id that can be captured.

Anyway that is how i would do it, if any one has a better idea, i would love to hear about it how they would automate the donor process.

Anyway if any1 has any questions ask away!

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blackglade