Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D Hidden CVars

Post New Thread Reply   

danielsumi
Old 02-23-2009 , 21:20   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #31

yup, pretty much a phail lobby plus a phail support staff.

this was driving me nuts for weeks.
the workaround for me was:

- create the lobby with sv_search_key set
- turn sv_search_key blank
- wait till it populate
- set the the sv_search_key again
- launch the game, wait it load, turn the sv_search key off again

its working pretty well for me, maybe you could try it.

Last edited by danielsumi; 02-23-2009 at 21:36.
Mad_Dugan
Old 05-01-2009 , 16:11   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #32

For anyone reading this thread looking for the same solution, the answer is to use this, typed in console while in the lobby:
Code:
ms_force_dedicated_server <serverip:port>

Last edited by Mad_Dugan; 05-01-2009 at 16:15.
Juan Handsock
Old 05-08-2009 , 17:16   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #33

survivor_upgrades 1

This is awesome. Francis gets a laser sight with increased accuracy, Louis reloads faster, Zoey gets extra HP, and Bill seems to do more damage and vaporizes zombies. The only related cvars are
survivor_upgrade_reload_duration
survivor_upgrade_reload_shotgun_duration
though, which is unfortunate because the upgrades are far from balanced. Zoey gets 150 HP, Bill does (double?) damage, louis reloads twice as fast by default, and Francis is waaay accurate. Is there ANY way to tweak the other character's traits?

edit: the upgrades seem to apply to different survivors randomly on the second level. There seem to be even more upgrades than this. One of them is increased magazine capacity, and every level there's a text dump in the chatbox that lists something about which upgrades are active ( I think). I hope someone makes a plugin that takes advantage of this.

Last edited by Juan Handsock; 05-08-2009 at 17:46.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 05-10-2009 , 22:11   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Handsock View Post
survivor_upgrades 1
Nice find. It looks like there's also a survivor_skills. I haven't actually tried either cvar yet, I've only been looking through the server binary.

Here's some of the strings I found: http://fyren.ampaste.net/m54bdfb03
Juan Handsock
Old 05-11-2009 , 12:24   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
Nice find. It looks like there's also a survivor_skills. I haven't actually tried either cvar yet, I've only been looking through the server binary.

Here's some of the strings I found: http://fyren.ampaste.net/m54bdfb03
As it is now, players are awarded upgrades randomly. Would the give command work for those? Or could a plugin make it work?

I tried survivor_skills 1 and I couldn't even move. The bots could though, which is weird.

Last edited by Juan Handsock; 05-11-2009 at 12:29. Reason: Forgot something
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 05-11-2009 , 17:36   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #36

Here's a plugin that can give out the upgrades. Caveats: only works for Linux, I'm not supporting it, and you have to set survivor_upgrades 1 yourself to make upgrades work at all.

It seems like only some of the upgrades work. If you add an upgrade and get a message in chat about it (one of the ones from the top of the ampasted stuff), it worked. If it says nothing, it doesn't work (or you forgot to turn survivor_upgrades 1).

I don't know what the deal with skills are. Probably just not completely implemented by Valve. I didn't get any affects other than not being able to move, either.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4dmmo.sp - 1189 views - 5.2 KB)
Juan Handsock
Old 05-11-2009 , 18:33   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #37

Wow, that was fast. Thanks a ton for the plugin.

Would there be any way to limit the ability to use addupgrade to once per map, or have a limit of a certain number of upgrades, like 2 or 3?

Last edited by Juan Handsock; 05-11-2009 at 20:17.
ProBoomer
Old 05-13-2009 , 20:09   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Handsock View Post
survivor_upgrades 1

This is awesome. Francis gets a laser sight with increased accuracy, Louis reloads faster, Zoey gets extra HP, and Bill seems to do more damage and vaporizes zombies. The only related cvars are
survivor_upgrade_reload_duration
survivor_upgrade_reload_shotgun_duration
though, which is unfortunate because the upgrades are far from balanced. Zoey gets 150 HP, Bill does (double?) damage, louis reloads twice as fast by default, and Francis is waaay accurate. Is there ANY way to tweak the other character's traits?
I have try to put sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 in server.cfg but I not see Zoey with 150hp or Francis with Laser Sight. Have also try to put plugin l4dmmo over server linux and server windows. Nothing.

Only in Coop i have rewrite sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 in no mercy 1, and to begin no mercy 2 i read some text in chat, but francis again without laser sight.

Or i need to put also:

sm_cvar L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_description 1 or something?

EDIT: I have try to find a Cvar for Survivor Health (I want set 150 and not 100, but not find nothing), if with Survivor Upgrades Zoey can have 150, maybe one plugin can set Survivors Health to value in config?

EDIT2: Ok... now works i see upgrades for survivor and is too cool!

Last edited by ProBoomer; 05-14-2009 at 08:06.
panicks
Old 05-14-2009 , 17:54   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #39

I have enabled sm_cvar survivor_upgrades 1 in my server.cfg on my linux server, and have tried the cvar for survivor skills set to 1, which as mentioned just stops you in your tracks.

How do you add all of the upgrades at once? How did you get it to work?

For example, what ARE the cvars, besides just the reload duration and how to force the upgrade? I can change the upgrdae value of the reload duration for example, but don't see it because sthe upgrades aren't in effect. Help?

Last edited by panicks; 05-14-2009 at 17:56.
Juan Handsock
Old 05-14-2009 , 21:23   Re: L4D Hidden CVars
Reply With Quote #40

If you get fyren's plugin, you type dumpupgrades

then you type addupgrade #
# being the number before the upgrade in the list.