Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Is there any way to prevent people disconnect from myserver?

Post New Thread Reply   

wackygoose1
Old 08-21-2005 , 11:14   Is there any way to prevent people disconnect from myserver?
Reply With Quote #1

Is there any way to prevent people disconnect from my server?

i want this to mock some cheaters
Sp4rt4n
Old 08-21-2005 , 11:39  
Reply With Quote #2

lol, i highly doubt that there is a way... and plus no one here would be allowed to do it because its 'malicous' (or however you spell it)
Send a message via MSN to Sp4rt4n
XeNo
Old 08-21-2005 , 11:55  
Reply With Quote #3

Yeah...And it would be pointless..."Control+alt+delete" and close CS down from there...No point
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 08-21-2005 , 12:11  
Reply With Quote #4

This is neither malicious nor pointless. You both should reevaluate your positions instead of typing out the first thing that comes to your mind.

It's not malicious because it's not necessarily messing up anyone's settings. If this would be considered malicious, then so should 'slap' or any of the other admin commands that make life difficult for targeted players.

It's not pointless because yes, they could use CTRL-ALT-DEL (on Windows systems) but that wouldn't be the first thing they would try, nor would it be the first thing they'd WANT to try. How often do you type 'quit' in your console when you want to play at a different server? There's the point.

I wish you guys would stop and critically think about what you're going to say before you actually say it.
XeNo
Old 08-21-2005 , 12:14  
Reply With Quote #5

Then why doesn't this get thrown into the trash like a post I made earlier? About messing with settings and making it to the point where they have to reinstall steam? And it is pointless because if I can't quit a server, I assume my cs is messing up and I ctrl+alt+dlt out, I won't cry over having to start up cs again -_-
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-21-2005 , 13:51  
Reply With Quote #6

You guys are retarded it is malicious due to the fact that if someone is getting slapped they have the ability to leave the server and walk away... if someone is continously getting ragged on or sworn at or pratonised against they have the ability to leave. However if you inforce a plugin that inforces the player to stay and endure possibily hatred, racism, vulgarity, abuse etc etc it is indeed illegal in most systems. By law humans must be granted the right to leave an intended place in order to escape persecution... Let me make an example so you guys are clear.

An african american walks into a convience store (aka enters a server) the clerk (aka admin) locks the doors and puts up a huge barrier that this african american cannot break through (aka this plugin) the customers at the store (aka the clients connected to the server) start to make racist jokes and call him names. The African american cannot leave due to the fact that the door is locked and barricaded so he is forced to go through the ventalation shaft through the ceiling (aka CTRL-ALT-DEL) this is indeed illegal.

So before you start being retards on the subject think yourself and get some brains.

If you still don't believe me I can bring it up with valve to see what they say.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 08-21-2005 , 14:00  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeNo
Then why doesn't this get thrown into the trash like a post I made earlier? About messing with settings and making it to the point where they have to reinstall steam?
Because, as of yet, this idea doesn't necessarily mean that the players settings will be messed with permanently. Messing someone's settings up to the point of them having to reinstall Steam is clearly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeNo
And it is pointless because if I can't quit a server, I assume my cs is messing up and I ctrl+alt+dlt out, I won't cry over having to start up cs again -_-
I would hope you wouldn't cry but the point is that if you were given a choice I can only imagine you'd rather NOT have to restart CS again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubicVirtuoso
You guys are retarded ... So before you start being retards on the subject think yourself and get some brains.
You are obviously an evil genius. There is no point in continuing a conversation with you at this point.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-21-2005 , 14:00  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubicVirtuoso
You guys are retarded it is malicious due to the fact that if someone is getting slapped they have the ability to leave the server and walk away... if someone is continously getting ragged on or sworn at or pratonised against they have the ability to leave. However if you inforce a plugin that inforces the player to stay and endure possibily hatred, racism, vulgarity, abuse etc etc it is indeed illegal in most systems. By law humans must be granted the right to leave an intended place in order to escape persecution... Let me make an example so you guys are clear.

An african american walks into a convience store (aka enters a server) the clerk (aka admin) locks the doors and puts up a huge barrier that this african american cannot break through (aka this plugin) the customers at the store (aka the clients connected to the server) start to make racist jokes and call him names. The African american cannot leave due to the fact that the door is locked and barricaded so he is forced to go through the ventalation shaft through the ceiling (aka CTRL-ALT-DEL) this is indeed illegal.

So before you start being retards on the subject think yourself and get some brains.

If you still don't believe me I can bring it up with valve to see what they say.
I agree completely. Making people unable to disconnect is at least stupid.
Old 08-21-2005 , 14:00   Re: Is there any way to prevent people disconnect from myser
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackygoose1
Is there any way to prevent people disconnect from my server?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackygoose1
i want this to mock some cheaters
I made nice plugin that allows bots on my server to head-shot-lock on certain people and cause 10x damage to theim. It keeps theim out.

No, I'm not giving it to you.

Do your own malious plugins and keep it quiet. Ruin their game instead of doing illegal stuff.
DahVid
Old 08-21-2005 , 14:01  
Reply With Quote #10

I could do a try.. If they still let us do aliases it would be easy.