Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Glow

Post New Thread Reply   

lillbrorsan
Old 08-16-2005 , 16:11   Glow
Reply With Quote #1

Why is there i can't find one simple glow plugin on this forum ?!
I don't want a whole compilation of admin commands, i want one simple plugin where people can say glow <color> like the one for adminmod that has colors like "police" "feckin mad" or "christmas"
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-16-2005 , 17:38  
Reply With Quote #2

What colours would you like. List all the different say colors... and normal colors and special colors and what they do and then we could make it a sort of group project where people just keep adding... so you have a sea of glow effects.

Hehe the community can come together on a project if you give me some effects and colors I will start it put my name on it then if someone has more ot add they can take my code put their name on it to add their bit and continue FOREVER!
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2005 , 17:51  
Reply With Quote #3

Hmm, I made one the other day because I wanted one for my admins.

Console: glow <color>

Colors: white, red, green, blue, yellow, purple, cyan, orange, maroon, and 'off'

PM me if you want it.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Velocity36
Old 08-16-2005 , 17:59  
Reply With Quote #4

I could try and make one with some awesome colors I guess
Old 08-17-2005 , 10:22  
Reply With Quote #5

If i could get a new plugin with cvar to toggle on off and you only need to say "glow <color>" it would be awesome ;)

"Some" colors:

Static Glows: 'red' 'pink' 'dark red' 'light red' 'blue' 'dark blue' 'light blue' 'aqua' 'green' 'light green' 'dark green' 'brown' 'light brown' 'white'
'yellow' 'dark yellow' 'light yellow' 'orange' 'light orange' 'dark orange' 'light purple' 'purple' 'dark purple' 'violet' 'maroon' 'gold' 'silver' 'bronze' 'grey' 'off'

Alternating Glows: 'police' 'ambulance' 'christmas' 'fire' 'feckinmad' 'ice'

Flashing Glows: 'flash random' 'flash red' 'flash blue' 'flash green' 'flash yellow' 'flash pink' 'flash white' 'flash orange' 'flash purple'
Velocity36
Old 08-17-2005 , 13:21  
Reply With Quote #6

Ugh, I tested and its not working. Hang in there, i'll try my best
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2005 , 21:22  
Reply With Quote #7

ok, I'm trying to do this and failing right now, since I'm kind of a newbie.
Here is what I have so far(You can't use this, not finished):

Code:
//Amxx Glow -    Remo Williams #include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #include <engine> #include <fun> // Colors //new red, pink, darkred, lightred, blue, darkblue, lightblue, aqua, green, lightgreen, darkgreen, brown, lightbrown, white, yellow, darkyellow, lightyellow, orange, lightorange, darkorange, lightpurple, purple, darkpurple, violet, maroon, gold, silver, bronze, grey, off // Colors True Color new red[3] = {255,0,0} new pink[3] = {0,0,0} new darkred[3] = {0,0,0} new lightred[3] = {0,0,0} new blue[3] = {0,0,0} new darkblue[3] = {0,0,0} new lightblue[3] = {0,0,0} new aqua[3] = {0,0,0} new green[3] = {0,0,0} new lightgreen[3] = {0,0,0} new darkgreen[3] = {0,0,0} new brown[3] = {0,0,0} new lightbrown[3] = {0,0,0} new white[3] = {0,0,0} new yellow[3] = {0,0,0} new darkyellow[3] = {0,0,0} new lightyellow[3] = {0,0,0} new orange[3] = {0,0,0} new lightorange[3] = {0,0,0} new darkorange[3] = {0,0,0} new lightpurple[3] = {0,0,0} new purple[3] = {0,0,0} new darkpurple[3] = {0,0,0} new violet[3] = {0,0,0} new maroon[3] = {0,0,0} new gold[3] = {0,0,0} new silver[3] = {0,0,0} new bronze[3] = {0,0,0} new grey[3] = {0,0,0} new off[3] = {0,0,0} //You Need Admin Flag "M" To use this command public plugin_init(){     register_plugin("AMX Glow","1.0","Remo Williams")     register_concmd("amx_glowuser","glow",ADMIN_LEVEL_A," - Usage: amx_glowuser <Player> <Color>") } //The glow Function :P public glow(id) {     if (!(get_user_flags(id)&ADMIN_LEVEL_A)) {                 return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }     new command[32], arg[32], arg2[32], player, color     read_argv(0,command,31)     read_argv(1,arg,31)     read_argv(2,arg2,31)     player = str_to_num(arg)     color = str_to_num(arg2)     get_user_name(player,"name",31)     doglow(player,color)     return PLUGIN_HANDLED } public doglow(id,color) {     new aname[32]     entity_get_string(id,EV_SZ_targetname,aname,31)         if(equal()){         set_user_rendering(id,kRenderFxGlowShell,color,kRenderNormal,16)         return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

Send a message via AIM to mysticssjgoku4 Send a message via MSN to mysticssjgoku4
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-17-2005 , 22:42  
Reply With Quote #8

I told velocity I would help him with this project and once I am done what I am doing to requiem I will fix up this plugin you posted but i dunno how long that will be
lillbrorsan
Old 08-18-2005 , 07:09  
Reply With Quote #9

And remember, i don't only want a command for admins to set glow on players, the should be able to use it themselves too ;)
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-18-2005 , 07:31  
Reply With Quote #10

Yea thats what I was thinking when i saw the code... that was for admins only you will have to register a command for ADMIN_USER using say /glow u know all that jazz..