Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Is there any way to prevent people disconnect from myserver?

Post New Thread Reply   

evilspy
Old 08-21-2005 , 14:03  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeNo
About messing with settings and making it to the point where they have to reinstall steam?
Cheaters are the ones who know to set their config files 'read-only' and backup theim for a 'bad-day'. It takes less than minute for theim to restore settings (none if they have set config files read-only).
mysticssjgoku4
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2005 , 14:09  
Reply With Quote #12

Send a message via AIM to mysticssjgoku4 Send a message via MSN to mysticssjgoku4
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-21-2005 , 14:27  
Reply With Quote #13

OMFG< ONCE I WAS LYKE OMFG AND THEN SOME GUY CAME UP TO ME AND HE WASr LYKE OMFG SO WE WERE BOTH LYKE<<< OMFG!!!!111
Old 08-22-2005 , 13:51   Re: Is there any way to prevent people disconnect from myser
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost of evilspy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackygoose1
Is there any way to prevent people disconnect from my server?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackygoose1
i want this to mock some cheaters
I made nice plugin that allows bots on my server to head-shot-lock on certain people and cause 10x damage to theim. It keeps theim out.

No, I'm not giving it to you.

Do your own malious plugins and keep it quiet. Ruin their game instead of doing illegal stuff.
i dont know how to do plugins

im not good with scripting
algee2005
Old 08-22-2005 , 14:04  
Reply With Quote #15

illegal?

hmmm.. illegal is the stuff you do before you go to jail... and i doubt you would go to jail for using a plugin like this

anyways, why would you try to keep cheaters in your server oO
i would try to get rid of them asap, and thats not that easy sometimes...

lmao, what a thread -.-
L 10/16/1982 - 01:23:00: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Mod_LoadBrushModel: models/algee_born.mdl too sexy
Send a message via ICQ to algee2005 Send a message via AIM to algee2005 Send a message via MSN to algee2005 Send a message via Yahoo to algee2005
jsauce
Old 08-22-2005 , 14:38  
Reply With Quote #16

It's not illegal to mess with a players settings. Every player accepts that when they connect to another person's server they may be tortured. It's part of the game, if they don't like it they can sit local and play with bots. Besides you aren't making any permanent changes to their config file only settings in memory. It's valve that makes the changes permanent when the player exits. So if someone wants to complain they can complain to valve. Personally I like the idea of making someone stay, it could be very useful. Unfortunately though you could easily bind their console to something else I don't think you can bind their ESC key which you would need to do or else they can just hit that and quit.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
evilspy
Old 08-22-2005 , 15:21  
Reply With Quote #17

Would you like to come to visit my home? If I don't like your face I will hit you with sledgehammer.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-22-2005 , 15:29  
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost of evilspy
Would you like to come to visit my home? If I don't like your face I will hit you with sledgehammer.
LOL!
Old 08-22-2005 , 17:56  
Reply With Quote #19

Yes but you are assuming there is some kind of police force roaming the net checking for offensive server admins. There isn't nor should there be. The difference between civilization and the internet and Gaming Servers in general is rules enforcement. Once in civil society one assumes that there is a governing organization that sets forth rules to follow. All who live within this civil society must obey these rules or face judgement and punishment. Then you must assign a force of people to enforce these rules, otherwise whats the point. Then the enforcers must have rules of their own as well as also have the right to terminate said rule's breaker if needed. You see this all gets quite impossible to enforce once we try to incorporate these functions into the Game Serving world. Besides people pay to own servers and if they want to setup a server that automatically binds all keys to kill on join then I say let them. That's what they pay for. They can do it. So long as there is no one (Valve) who can stop such an action then it should be allowed. Would I like to enter a server and have some admin bind all my keys to kill? No, of course not. Is there anything I can do about it? No, of course not. Can I fix my keys and go to another server where someone won't nerf my controls? Yes, absolutely. Isn't it great when you can pick and choose between 50,000 servers!

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
wackygoose1
Old 08-22-2005 , 18:33  
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by algee2005
illegal?

hmmm.. illegal is the stuff you do before you go to jail... and i doubt you would go to jail for using a plugin like this

anyways, why would you try to keep cheaters in your server oO
i would try to get rid of them asap, and thats not that easy sometimes...

lmao, what a thread -.-
to give a lesson to they