Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

a good and working vote plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2013 , 12:13   a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #1

so since we have wasted days on end trying to find a good votekick, voteban, votemute, votesilcen, votegag plugin weve decided to put a request in with a bit more detail on what would be ideal plugin for this.

there should be a plugin that allows players to votekick, voteban, votemute, votesilence and votegag other players with both sourcebans and commsblock support. of course it must have immunity built in to avoid admins and vips from getting targetted. the reason for sourcebans and commsblock integration would be to identify players who abuse vote mods. it would be ideal to have a blacklist that we can put a player on if they do have a history of abusing voting so they can no longer start any votes let alone weigh in on any votes as well.

well there you have it. a good idea in my opinion on what a good vote plugin would be. thanks
Old 07-02-2013 , 13:11   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #2

I second this
Old 07-02-2013 , 18:38   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Why would you want/need said tools when there's client-sided mods to do all of these things already?
It's gnerally lame to /votekick a player, as people just hop on the bandwagon. Then you need things like, ranking systems for players that spam it, or pseudoadmin systems where some people who initiate votes are seen as "good vote initiators"

Just give everyone the option to mute/block text messages from said people on their side and problem solved.. it's very easy to do, and I know it exists. Perhaps not an SQL/client prefs version that stores their blocklist, but that is not hard to implement.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2013 , 18:42   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Why would you want/need said tools when there's client-sided mods to do all of these things already?
It's gnerally lame to /votekick a player, as people just hop on the bandwagon. Then you need things like, ranking systems for players that spam it, or pseudoadmin systems where some people who initiate votes are seen as "good vote initiators"

Just give everyone the option to mute/block text messages from said people on their side and problem solved.. it's very easy to do, and I know it exists. Perhaps not an SQL/client prefs version that stores their blocklist, but that is not hard to implement.
thats actually a very good idea.. but whats not hard to impliment for some is impossible to do for others like me who know very little next to nothing about making plugins. its why i suggest this at the time. but i really like your idea.. maybe a way to !block <player> will block all text and voice and is stored via client prefs. wish it existed. we would use it
Old 07-02-2013 , 18:45   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #5

I believe you can use the ignore function in most games to get that effect.

If you still want a general vote plugin I'll be happy to make one.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2013 , 18:50   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by necavi View Post
I believe you can use the ignore function in most games to get that effect.

If you still want a general vote plugin I'll be happy to make one.
there is a ignore function in tf2?
Old 07-02-2013 , 18:56   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #7

Yes, when you're connected to a server there are additional buttons on the "resume game" main menu option, one of which is "mute players".
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2013 , 18:58   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #8

ooh i thought it was !ignore <player>. not many folks now of the Esc > Ear Icon > Player naem etc etc so an !ignore <player> would probably be best suited for the newbs. is that possible?
Old 07-02-2013 , 19:01   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #9

Yes it is, although I don't believe that it is possible to prevent a player from hearing another player's voice without an extension.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2013 , 19:41   Re: a good and working vote plugin
Reply With Quote #10

sounds too advanced for anyone to even fool with