Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (2.9) [11-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathChaos25
Old 09-11-2017 , 07:58   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Hi i been searching for a way to add the crawling anim directly, this is how far i came,
however the client crawling can see the crawl anim but the other clients can just see sliding not sure how to go from here.

Maybe someone else has a better way to work on it.
You could use the old Dynamic Hooks Survivor Animation Fix pack plugin I made a while back as a base, just grab the gamedata if it hasn't broken that is), since the plugin hijacks the m_SetSequence function meaning you can actually force the animation of your choosing, however this poses the problem that the survivor's model orientation will not match the view orientation with the crawl animations, dunno how to fix that.

Here's an example I made, a long time ago, you need to have Dynamic Hooks for this to work obv, and the gamedata from the linked plugin, also note that since this was written a long time ago it was written on sm 1.7 I believe? So I don't know how much the current compiler will like this;
Spoiler

Here's a video example from before the Dynamic Hooks implementation (hence the survivor "falling" back down after the animation, since instead of hijacking m_nSetSequence I was freezing it), but the premise is the same, the survivor itself is playing the animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvLJ8ZHyqJU
Attached Files
File Type: smx [L4D2] Incap Crawling.smx (6.8 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-11-2017 at 08:02.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2017 , 07:42   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #182

Ahhh thanks i saw this a long time ago thought about using it however by the looks of it your using the animation layering not the primary layer, maybe ill have a playaround with it when i get back in to coding.

Thanks for the help!

Commission me for L4D
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-12-2017 , 09:45   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
SMX with no source...
Old 09-12-2017 , 22:06   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
SMX with no source...
Just curious, but have you tried hitting the "Show" button?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-13-2017 , 05:13   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Just curious, but have you tried hitting the "Show" button?
aint nobody got time for that
Old 01-26-2018 , 00:19   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #186

I use DeathChaos25's recently posted version, but it seems to be hit and miss in two ways for me:

- It works, but the animation itself may glitch and the sliding issue will continue. I think it has something to do with taking pistols out, because it's that sequence that tries to play before sliding.

- It simply sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. As in the plugin itself is either disabled or enabled, by itself. Means I have to restart the server and it's not 100% guarantee that it will work. Could it be conflicting with anything?
TomDaBomb
Old 02-07-2018 , 07:12   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #187

Yeah the changing of position in the models when crawling seems to be with custom models

Ive noticed it seems to play on the Posture or Gestures & Animations function to the models, where if you wanna put a custom model on a survivor you can just name it and set it for that survivor and it all works fine but ONLY in single player, you have to set the Anims and Gestures lines in the QC file to the MDL file to get the animations working in online games

So if i have custom models it doesnt matter in single player but online it messes them up

Last edited by TomDaBomb; 02-08-2018 at 12:47.
krokroJoujou
Old 02-07-2018 , 07:27   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #188

Does the original L4D2 survivor_allow_crawling just moves the body on the ground without crawling animations or is there other bugs that made Valve disable it by default?
TomDaBomb
Old 02-07-2018 , 08:10   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #189

yeah the original if you just add the cvars to your cfg makes it so they slide across the ground with no animations but other than that it works fine, o or you cant shoot while crawling but thats usual, so my guess is they couldnt quite work it out and gave up on it, but still left the code in much like they did with the 3rd person view mode
TomDaBomb
Old 02-07-2018 , 08:14   Re: [L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation (1.33) [25-Jun-2017]
Reply With Quote #190

yeah the custom models and online would make sense for the plugin, my guess is it would have to detect what character models the users have for their survivors and which anims they use, or something to that effect if possible

cuz some custom models like the ones that are female chars that are put on the male survivors use zoeys gestures and animations even tho it replaces bill or coach, so unless you dont use any it doesnt work well online per player on a server

Last edited by TomDaBomb; 02-07-2018 at 08:14.