Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

uriel18
Old 06-18-2010 , 07:13   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
hi there, i will try this later on a fresh install on my server....

so client side all they have to do is download the 2 files:

All8Survivors.VPK

All8Survivors_Voices Installer

Server side we need :

All8Survivors.VPK

Super Versus Plugin

characer select menu plugin (is this really needed as doesnt the above make all 8 characters different?)

do we need:

the vpk that makes survivor arms work in firstperson

is there anything else that is needed server side?

cheers chris
The VPKs of all8survivors are being tested. Wait for that.

To me doesnīt works.
Old 06-18-2010 , 07:19   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #482

well i tested and doesnt works bill is bugged again -.- and when im zoey and try to laught or to make any sound the game crashes without any error -.-
uriel18
Old 06-18-2010 , 07:31   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani1341 View Post
well i tested and doesnt works bill is bugged again -.- and when im zoey and try to laught or to make any sound the game crashes without any error -.-
Well, I assume is not me.

At least you can load the map.

We have to put this method in "quarantine".
Old 06-18-2010 , 07:34   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #484

tried The Passing and i got crashes on load lolz
drunkenfox1
Old 06-18-2010 , 13:06   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #485

Uriel, the superversus link I have on the guide is the one you have said to put, the one you have tested.

are you still working on getting Bill's name working?
546 CTerrorPlayer::CanChangeName(void)const
547 CTerrorPlayer::ChangeName(char const*)

Last edited by drunkenfox1; 06-18-2010 at 13:09.
satannuts
Old 06-18-2010 , 13:12   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #486

ok. did some heavy testing to find out what is causing the overflow error.
It is definitely related to the talker files.
I've tried a combination of vpk builds and even broke them down into smaller separate vpk files in order to pinpoint where the error is coming from.
-----------------------------------
@PortalBoat,
yeah man, yer talker scripts have a few issues, maybe this can help you out:
Add these to your launch options:
-console -dev -condebug

-console: just enables the console- basic stuff you probably already know - personally, I just use that instead of the in-game option.

-dev: will show you additional "developer" console output - AND will show some debug info about your talker files.

-condebug: will write the console output to a log file in left 4 dead 2\left4dead2 named console.log - This is useful as it will write ALL console data to the log file for your viewing pleasure as you won't be limited by the in-game console's character limit.
------------------------------------

I will repack the vpk files today with a few changes for further testing.

Would it be better if I made separate installers for EACH survivor voices?
and perhaps have them install into left4dead2_dlc1\sound folder instead? [i will test this now]

and also separate vpk files for their scenes?
I've already made these individual survivor vpk files, but the over flow problem still exists due to the talker files...
since we can only load 2 original survivors at this time, perhaps having separate survivor files would be best.

Here's my current error:
Code:
Warning:  Table soundprecache is full, can't add music/tags/ExenterationHit.wav
Loading: 30.11 seconds

Host_Error: CEngineSoundServer::PrecacheSound: 'music/tags/ExenterationHit.wav' overflow
Does anyone know where this soundprecache table is located?
Or does anyone have any intimate knowledge of the l4d2 sound precache system?

I will try with the voices in the dlc1\sound folder now to see if it makes any difference..
Old 06-18-2010 , 13:52   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #487

Well, thanks for the debug thing. I found out why a lot of stuff wasn't working.
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-18-2010 , 14:53   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #488

uriel and everybody, about this bug:

"-Sometimes the survivors doesnīt detect the spit throwed by a spitter and stay on it. Really I donīt have any idea why occurs this, but I will take a look."

This isn't caused by the csm, 8 survivors plugin nor any of the data required to get the l4d1 survivors working. Actually, i had this issue before, and it was caused by another plugin, one that made damage when a boomer exploded. When bots stay in the Spit, they won't say their specified lines ("OH!!! GOOOO!") or move (They will stay idle, because there is no detected inferno event on their position). Just check the plugins that mess up with infected offsets or properties, and disable them. Also note that, if you stand on a spit, and the terror music doesn't sound and your character doesn't say anything, it will be plugin related too.
satannuts
Old 06-18-2010 , 15:11   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorcode23 View Post
uriel and everybody, about this bug:

"-Sometimes the survivors doesnīt detect the spit throwed by a spitter and stay on it. Really I donīt have any idea why occurs this, but I will take a look."

This isn't caused by the csm, 8 survivors plugin nor any of the data required to get the l4d1 survivors working. Actually, i had this issue before, and it was caused by another plugin, one that made damage when a boomer exploded. When bots stay in the Spit, they won't say their specified lines ("OH!!! GOOOO!") or move (They will stay idle, because there is no detected inferno event on their position). Just check the plugins that mess up with infected offsets or properties, and disable them. Also note that, if you stand on a spit, and the terror music doesn't sound and your character doesn't say anything, it will be plugin related too.
ahh.. that maybe related to the generic_ambient soundscript and the contagion sounds from l4d1. Probably in one of the soundscripts there are missing rules for l4d1 survivors' ambient sound" when attacked by l4d2 special infected? I'd look into this, but I have to go re-wire a house...
Old 06-18-2010 , 15:13   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by satannuts View Post
ahh.. that maybe related to the generic_ambient soundscript and the contagion sounds from l4d1. Probably in one of the soundscripts there are missing rules for l4d1 survivors' ambient sound" when attacked by l4d2 special infected? I'd look into this, but I have to go re-wire a house...
This issue has occured with the L4D2 survivors as well. I have not found a way to fix it entirely, but a workaround plugin can be made to teleport them off the spit after a specified number of seconds (or some other method thats more intelligent).