Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

uriel18
Old 06-17-2010 , 10:00   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
been following this for some time now, but dont know how far you have actualy got with this, nor what does and doesnt work......

would be great if some one could update and clean this thread, and actualy put on the 1st page what files are required etc.....

this will be a good mod to have once everything is working as it should....

keep it up......
When you say "someone" I assume you want to say "me".

All you need is in the first post, but I agree with you that there is no explanation how to install all the things.

I will work on a guide when I have a moment, but remember all this is only a project, an "aplha", far to be ended. But I take note of your suggestion.
Old 06-17-2010 , 10:11   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriel18 View Post
When you say "someone" I assume you want to say "me".

All you need is in the first post, but I agree with you that there is no explanation how to install all the things.

I will work on a guide when I have a moment, but remember all this is only a project, an "aplha", far to be ended. But I take note of your suggestion.

hi there, no wasnt actualy pointed at you as i just didnt know who was doing what anymore...seems there are a few folks on this project.......it just looks a bit of a mess as there are a lot of files floating about......

would be nice to have a paragraph on the 1st page with all the info folks might need to get this up and running......and also a list of wjhat is working...what might be causing problems and a todo list.......

cheers chris
drunkenfox1
Old 06-17-2010 , 13:14   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #433

Alright, I'll write up a simple little "What to download, what works, etc..."

Last edited by drunkenfox1; 06-17-2010 at 14:00.
drunkenfox1
Old 06-17-2010 , 14:09   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #434

Uriel, I suggest you make the front page look like this:

Here's how you can get the original survivor's on your server:

1.Download this modified version of csm (characer select menu) that allows for Bill to be selected (as well as the original survivors). Put that plugin on your server.

2.Download this Bill Model that should work.

3.Download the Super Versus Plugin if you have a server of 4+ v 4+. (Makes everyone a different character, so you will have all 8 survivors on a team if it’s 8 v 8 ).

4. Download this (.vpk that should make the survivor voices work in Dark Carnival, Dead Center and Swamp Fever with the things from the next step).

5.Download this and this. You need to put the scenes.image file in the scenes folder, and the sound.cache into the sound folder.
Copypaste the "TeenGirl", "Biker", "Manager" (and "Namvet once we get Bill working) folders in
(C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\scenes) into the Left 4 Dead 2 scenes folder
(C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\scenes), and then you need to do the same for the sound.
(C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\sound\player\survivor\voice\) and
(C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\sound\player\survivor\voice\)

6.Download this ( A .vpk that makes survivor arms work in firstperson).

7. Download this (Subtitles).Then put the content in left4dead2_dlc1/resources

8. Download this and put it in your addons directory, then when a box pops up asking you "Do you want to do something or other" hit "Yes to all" (This is a plugin and gamedata file that makes it so you won't be teleported and stuck in The Passing finale)

The csm plugin was originally created by mi123645

The Super Versus Plugin was originally created by DDR Khat

Portalboat created the addon that allows survivor voices to work in Dead Center, Dark Carnival and Swamp Fever

Honorcode23 got the subtitles working and fixed a glitch with original survivors in The Passing finale, he also found the original way to make voices work, but his method was deemed too complicated so we use a different method (His original method can be found here)

What still needs to be done:

Selek has created some L4D2 icons, which can be found here, no one has yet made progress on implementing these into the game.

Bill as a character is still buggy, sometimes he will crash and sometimes not. More work needs to be done in that area.

Known Bugs:

"Bugs go here"

Last edited by drunkenfox1; 06-17-2010 at 22:48.
Portalboat
Old 06-17-2010 , 14:15   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #435

Well, couple of things:

You forgot the sound.cache and the scenes.image. They need to have that for the sounds to work.

I also have a Dark Carnival version of the VPK. I attached that to a post, could you add that please?
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2010 , 14:24   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #436

Worst comes to worst.

If Bill really proves too troublesome down the road, the guys here working extensively on this project could swap him out and add in Leon Kennedy and convert some of his sounds from his recent games and just like that the problem is solved.

The story or crossover behind it could be very simple. Leon quits the government and the L4D1 gang stumbles upon him in a city somewhere. Umbrella would have nothing to do with it since its based in the L4D world with no real canon involved.
Portalboat
Old 06-17-2010 , 14:27   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #437

lolwin
drunkenfox1
Old 06-17-2010 , 14:39   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
You forgot the sound.cache and the scenes.image. They need to have that for the sounds to work.
Where can I get the sound.cache and scenes.image files? (not really a sound savvy kinda guy )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
I also have a Dark Carnival version of the VPK. I attached that to a post, could you add that please?
Done.
Portalboat
Old 06-17-2010 , 15:02   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #439

The Dark Carnival version has the Dead Center sounds, plus the generic stuff (Grabbin' Pills, etc.) So you don't need the line 5. There's a README in the Dark Carnival version, so you don't need to include what's posted, except where to put the sound.cache and scenes.image. But the attachments are in the post.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=429

And don't forget about the subtitles honorcode made:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=434
drunkenfox1
Old 06-17-2010 , 15:05   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #440

I somehow missed that post...
Updating it.

EDIT: Done

Last edited by drunkenfox1; 06-17-2010 at 15:41.