Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-13-2010 , 22:58   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
The reason Bill is crashing is because his sounds aren't loaded. Otherwise he works fine for me (hands, model and everything), but the second he says something, the game will crash.
Might be gestures related?
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2010 , 11:13   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorcode23 View Post
Might be gestures related?
I'm 80% sure that its sound related. I don't really have time to test out the theory, but it would be awesome if someone loaded Bill's sounds (same way you would load the other L4D1 survivor's sounds) to see if he fully works.
drunkenfox1
Old 06-14-2010 , 13:36   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #403

In case anyone hadn't noticed, in versus, if you change your character to one of the original survivors, your score does not count in the end of the game, and the game thinks you just died at the beginning. Also, other players cannot hit tab and see your ping, hp, etc... it's just a black rectangle.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2010 , 14:10   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #404

I imagine that will all be fixed once they've found a way to incorporate the icons and whatnot without error.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2010 , 14:39   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenfox1 View Post
In case anyone hadn't noticed, in versus, if you change your character to one of the original survivors, your score does not count in the end of the game, and the game thinks you just died at the beginning. Also, other players cannot hit tab and see your ping, hp, etc... it's just a black rectangle.
I reported this ages ago.

No fixs.

The only solution is to change back to one of the chars before you finish the round then it counts the score again.
uriel18
Old 06-14-2010 , 14:52   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
I reported this ages ago.

No fixs.

The only solution is to change back to one of the chars before you finish the round then it counts the score again.
No fixs?...where have you been this last 2 months?

The last version of kwski´s plugin, has an option to change automatically back everybody at the end of the map, to l4d2 survivors with the objective to count their stats, and then in the next map changes again to l4d1 survivors.

Works perfectly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of people is reporting their plugin of superversus doesn´t work well with this mod. Please use the following version: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=354 (This version is the only tested and re-tested by me, and guaranteed to work)

***UPDATED IN FIRST POST***

Last edited by uriel18; 06-14-2010 at 14:58.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2010 , 18:09   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #407

Haven't seen that but will try it.

Last edited by IronWarrior; 06-14-2010 at 18:14.
satannuts
Old 06-14-2010 , 21:20   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
I'm 80% sure that its sound related. I don't really have time to test out the theory, but it would be awesome if someone loaded Bill's sounds (same way you would load the other L4D1 survivor's sounds) to see if he fully works.
cool... I haven't tried the l4d1 survivors yet [except the old vpk long ago that added their models/skins, but they had l4d2 survivor voices]...

you are almost correct, mi123654.
let's put your percentage to better use:
it's about 5% sound related, 5% scene related, and 90% script related.

I asked a few pages back in this thread if anyone needed help with this, as I am also looking for some people who would like to help with a project I am working on...

I'm 100% sure I could get Bill's voice working [in theory AND practice], but it is a very time-consuming project that would require re-writing each character's response rules/criteria.

I've used this method to get l4d2 survivors [and npcs] talking on the converted l4d1 maps. I've been working on the voices for about 3, maybe 4 weeks. I have already re-written some script files to get finale radios, churchguy and intro scenes working on the l4d1 maps... Most finales wouldn't work at all without the correct response rules in place. check it here: www.l4d1onl4d2.com. <- that's the public version/public site. we are working on a closed-beta version which has more sounds/scripts/fixes included.

I've already contacted hunterbrute, but he said he is no longer working on this [the 8 survivor] project.

I've figured out how to load custom scripts [for music, soundscapes, and voices] via vpk file without editing the official pak01_dir files. Also I figured out a work-around/fix for the vpk sound bug [I posted the FIX on steam forums]
The only thing left to do is completely re-write ALL of the response rules to include both l4d1 survivor voices [for the l4d2 maps] and the l4d1 survivor voices [for the l4d1 maps]... this 8 Survivor project [you guys are working on] will NOT work 100% until all these scripts can be fully written [and cross-referenced for any overlap].

and as for the Bill v2 vpk and other vpk's... in most of them, at least 95% of the files included in them, aren't needed as they are already included in the l4d2 game files by default. I've already crossed-referenced all the packs here with the official l4d2 content and only a very small handful of files are actually needed.

mi123645, I've seen how you "fixed the arms" by editing the weapon scripts.. have you figured out how to get those scripts loaded into the game without modifying any official game files? If not, then hit me up with a PM... I have that all worked out already... only thing I need to do is re-write the response rules...

As a matter of fact, The biggest problem I currently face is re-writing about 10,000 response rules... which is too much work/time for one man... If we had a group of people working towards a common goal, then I could see this happening...

so if anyone is down, check out my project's site and hit me up with a PM...

As of right now, I am working towards getting all l4d2 character responses into the l4d1 maps... and my next planned step is to get the l4d1 survivor voices working on l4d2 maps [which is the key to getting your project working]... so if anyone can help me out, you'll also be helping yourselves out in the process...

I have documented most of the method I used to get the voices working, and I am currently typing up a 'roadmap' or sorts that will set the ground rules for getting BOTH L4D1 AND L4D2 characters "talking" in both l4d1 AND l4d2 maps... let me state again that this is a HUGE time consuming project [noobs need not apply] but the results will prove to the L4D developers that The Passing can be done right... and not just by using l4d1 characters as npc's but as playable characters WITH working speech...

Either way, I will be working on the response rules... L4D2 characters first... and when that is completed, I will start the l4d1 character responses - since they do go hand in hand... once response rules are written, its just a matter of adding any missing sound files and scene files [and rebuilding the scene.image correctly] which I already have compiled/completed..

Hell, did anyone else notice how The Passing DLC was added as a 'mod' to the left4dead2 game? Unlike the L4D1 DLC which was added to the game as updated content, The passing was added to L4D2 in a similar fashion as one would make a source game MOD. [anyone familiar with source sdk and making source mod's will know what I am talking about]...

sorry to rant on about this, but i would like nothing more than to see this through to completion... Does anyone know if valve is hiring? i need a job.

[big idea = big post]

satannuts

Last edited by satannuts; 06-14-2010 at 21:22.
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-14-2010 , 23:07   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #409

Uhm guys, do yo keep getting problems in c6m1_riverbank and c6m3_port about the players getting teleported and stucked on the bridge? If so, i can make a small plugin that fixes that, but if it is already fixed, then i won't do it.
drunkenfox1
Old 06-14-2010 , 23:12   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #410

"We're always hiring for all positions. Seriously" -Valve (from their website)
http://www.valvesoftware.com/jobs/
They want at least 3 years of experience working at other places before going to them. (Unless you create a game which turns into Portal, in that case they just hire you on the spot.)

Last edited by drunkenfox1; 06-14-2010 at 23:15.