Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D-CS [6K views, over 200 replies, join the community]

Post New Thread Reply   

orange
Old 05-27-2009 , 13:27   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #21

This sounds very intresting, i got 3 zombie servers alot with many others at the momment but im always open to new ideas, a new zombie mod or l4d mod would be great i would not mind supporting it at all. just have to see how it handles :/ but ya keep this thread going it sounds very good
Old 05-27-2009 , 13:35   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #22

I'm mapper , any example what map you need?
orange
Old 05-27-2009 , 14:35   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #23

Well im thinkin for this kind of mod you would need a zm map style but not where the Humas (CT OR T not sure which) cant hide behind boxes because i doubt the npc will be able to reach them... but a dark scheme would be nice a little bit of light and alot of running space so you can run away lol
Old 05-27-2009 , 17:15   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #24

random spawns? or in 1 place ct and in 1 place t?
orange
Old 05-27-2009 , 23:06   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #25

im thinking random so its hard to find each other and team up
Old 05-29-2009 , 14:18   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #26

at first im very happy that people were interested, now i will answer some questions u gave me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosmedia90 View Post
I'm mapper , any example what map you need?
Well i would like to know, if you can write yourself an entity`s called l4d_saferoom and to make t barrier so no t`s allowed.
I would like you to make a map from few parts for e.g. l4d_fortress_pt1 or some like that and pt1 pt2 `n so on.
Like you would put a t barrier in the beggining of safe room, and fill room with aaa trigger + make it some saferoom_completed entity or like that.

the explaination is that the 4 survivors bill zoey francis louis goes trough severe map parts, in the end so that no t can enter they enter room and the plugin handles the saferoom entity and when it counts 4 players in it, it shows the motd window that writes the best fragger etc...

so that would be it, oh and btw in the last part you could do a saferoom_finished

so the plugin counts 4 players when they come in and a votemap appears on screen. also its showed the best survivor best tank/hunter/boomer/smoker..

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange View Post
Well im thinkin for this kind of mod you would need a zm map style but not where the Humas (CT OR T not sure which) cant hide behind boxes because i doubt the npc will be able to reach them... but a dark scheme would be nice a little bit of light and alot of running space so you can run away lol
ok so you got the spawn stuff wrong, the spawn has 2 parts,
the first one is about ct

well at first all the people on the beggining of mapround (the first part of all parts) are spawned in zm places so its around the buildings/on top of them etc, but after few secs some of them 4 are tp`ed to the building center and go kill zm and others are teleported back to zm spawn, so thats all about ct, as i said they go trough map till safe room...

the second part about zm`s as i said at first ppl are spawned like em so around/on top of buildings... then when 4 are chosen they go hunt survivors, there should be alot spawns about 50, i condired about that if max is 32, so they dont stand in spawn just that each spawn is 10-20m away so its harder, and also about bot spawns as zm, the plugin should have cfg where we should write zm spawns, like this:
Code:
case 1
{
-413 11 -193 // tower
-237 984 621 // near door to tower
};
and so on...

like ill explain:

case 1 is when plugin sends that survivors are near tower or somphin, so the spawn thing is really hard, i will make it more detailed on the 1# post...
Send a message via Skype™ to lukiuz
Fawkes37
Old 05-29-2009 , 14:29   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukiuz View Post
at first im very happy that people were interested, now i will answer some questions u gave me.

Well i would like to know, if you can write yourself an entity`s called l4d_saferoom and to make t barrier so no t`s allowed.
I would like you to make a map from few parts for e.g. l4d_fortress_pt1 or some like that and pt1 pt2 `n so on.
Like you would put a t barrier in the beggining of safe room, and fill room with aaa trigger + make it some saferoom_completed entity or like that.

the explaination is that the 4 survivors bill zoey francis louis goes trough severe map parts, in the end so that no t can enter they enter room and the plugin handles the saferoom entity and when it counts 4 players in it, it shows the motd window that writes the best fragger etc...

so that would be it, oh and btw in the last part you could do a saferoom_finished

so the plugin counts 4 players when they come in and a votemap appears on screen. also its showed the best survivor best tank/hunter/boomer/smoker..
yeah and lets go fight the aliens on planet Nibiru while we do that. all we need is huge wizard bears shooting laser beams out of their eyes. those bears are as cool as your idea for the new zombie mod !
(yeah i just compared your code with wizard bears).

just go play l4d! why make cs into l4d???
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-29-2009 , 14:31   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #28

It's always interesting to have severals gameplay in one game.
Old 05-29-2009 , 14:40   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkshine View Post
It's always interesting to have severals gameplay in one game.
agreed, and so dont tell me you dont like playing other mods in cs except cs 1.6 public -,- like you dont always play on standart maps and so on ... i dont tell that this will delete the cs from world just that its an addon to make game more interesting

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes37 View Post
yeah and lets go fight the aliens on planet Nibiru while we do that. all we need is huge wizard bears shooting laser beams out of their eyes. those bears are as cool as your idea for the new zombie mod !
(yeah i just compared your code with wizard bears).

wtf with the wizard bears? defenantely not the theme... like dont be some dumbass or bonehead, like its the same we would be doing homework together and i would say can i f**k your mom?
ok ima goin to sleept its 22:00 in my country -.-

Last edited by lukiuz; 05-29-2009 at 15:02. Reason: add some stuff :/ ; im off
Send a message via Skype™ to lukiuz
shine771
Old 05-29-2009 , 15:15   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
It's just fun to make plugins or mods. Why not waste 20 hours? It's fun to waste time on plugins. I'm going to make a zombie mod and publish it as soon as arkshine finishes his module. I'll make my version of this, that i thought some time ago and which i considered as impossible cause of 20+ zombies running around would cause really big lags. And by the way, you can call me shine, without 771, i wouldn't have used those numbers if someone who has been inactive here for a long time wouldn't steal my nickname.

Last edited by shine771; 05-29-2009 at 15:19.