Forum mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2005 , 22:17  
Reply With Quote #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
Well it sounds like there is a problem with your forum... Maybe you are running some other mods on your forum?
Indeed, my forum is heavily modded. I'll take a look at your suggestions when I feel like modding again ;)

Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-05-2005 , 03:07  
Reply With Quote #292

Quote:
edit: Ok I was able to create a bbcode called [steamid] and [/steamid] and by using it, it only shows the text between it in your edit profile signature and isn't visible in your real sig. I'll see if this can be of use...
use multi bbcode mod 1.4.0c ? i hope so...

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2005 , 18:25  
Reply With Quote #293

Uploaded 0.7.2... should fix a few bugs. I don't think groups worked, should be fixed.
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2005 , 23:08  
Reply With Quote #294

Compiling 0.7.2 gives me this :

Also, I moved our forum (phpBB) database to a different host. Now I'm getting these errors :
Code:
L 05/28/2005 - 03:52:12: [MySQL] DB Connection failed(1251): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
L 05/28/2005 - 03:52:12: [forummod.amxx] [Forum mod] SQL error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
L 05/28/2005 - 03:52:12: [forummod.amxx] [Forum mod] ERROR - Can't connect to SQL db: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
L 05/28/2005 - 03:52:12: [forummod.amxx] [Forum mod] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L 05/28/2005 - 03:52:12: [forummod.amxx] [Forum mod] Failed connecting to database! Check your settings. Pausing plugin.
L 05/28/2005 - 03:52:12: [forummod.amxx] [Forum mod] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only difference I can find is in the version of MySQL. I used to use MySQL version 4.0.24-standard, my new host is running MySQL version 4.1.9. I double checked username and password, as well as database ip and the allowed hosts (the gameserver ip). Anyone having any clue ?
Old 05-27-2005 , 23:44  
Reply With Quote #295

Quote:
Uploaded 0.7.2... should fix a few bugs. I don't think groups worked, should be fixed.
yay. can i suggest an idea?

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2005 , 06:27  
Reply With Quote #296

Miss Jackson: I only posted the Forum Mod plugin, not the forum specific parts. Those are in the zip. I'm lazy you know.

Also you should'nt really use MySQL 4.1. From what I can tell it's not been well accepted by "the market", at least not yet.
The "client" in this case really is the mysql module. For MySQL 4.1 you need a newer one, I think there is one around here (look in modules or maybe general forum) but don't know if it works well.
However if you have access to the configuration of your mysql server I think it's possible to enforce it to use old (pre 4.1) password fields, that works with old clients and thus also the standard mysql module.

Edit: here's the 4.1 module. Doesn't seem that there's been much work on it lately (?): http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=9824

There are some options for you but generally the best bet would be to go with a MySql server version 4.0.

Another edit: here's a page over at mysql.com dealing with this problem: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html
n0obie4life
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2005 , 12:34  
Reply With Quote #297

jghg, i wanted to do this myself. but i couldn't understand how, so maybe you could do it in your forum mod .

Basically, it Automatically Reports Bans made on the server.

So when a user is banned, an SQL command is written containing his Ban Details:

Quote:
Name:
Steam ID:
Date of Ban:
Time of Ban:
Reason:
Banned By:
And it is posted in a Forum and by a User configurable.

FYI, phpBB users start with 1 <-- so the first user is actually user number2. And if a user ain't select to do the postings, it will automatically use user number 2 for the auto reporting.

So if my "Ban Manager" (user id of my ban manager), and his user number is 3 and the forum to report my bans is at 20. I will put it to post on forum number 20 with user number 3.

Then the subject title will be "Banned - <name>"

And this might be useful to you:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=45535

And I have asked, it isn't recommended to use mySQL to directly insert into the database the info. And you'll have you use that work around I posted above.

If you want to ask me anything, feel free to PM me or post here.

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2005 , 12:46  
Reply With Quote #298

n0obie4life: Ok I think I understand what you want to do. You want an "Automatic Bot" user in the forums post in a certain forum what people got banned in the game server.

That link looked good but a little old. Old stuff don't always work. It will be a good start anyways. If you find anything newer, send me the link.

So, to Forum Mod you will specify what forum account should post ban info into what forum/thread etc. i hope it's possible to hook the amx_ban for this...
n0obie4life
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2005 , 04:32  
Reply With Quote #299

Quote:
n0obie4life: Ok I think I understand what you want to do. You want an "Automatic Bot" user in the forums post in a certain forum what people got banned in the game server.

That link looked good but a little old. Old stuff don't always work. It will be a good start anyways. If you find anything newer, send me the link.

So, to Forum Mod you will specify what forum account should post ban info into what forum/thread etc. i hope it's possible to hook the amx_ban for this...
yeah, you understood it .

that function is still being used..and it works, i tried it already, just that its hardcoded.

if i'm not wrong, it is needed to hook onto the amx_ban

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2005 , 09:02  
Reply With Quote #300

Yes hooking amx_ban from admincmd.sma is needed. Looks like this is the hardest part to do without altering admincmd.sma in anyway.