Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

server port keeps changing (too lazy to start a new topic)

Post New Thread Reply   

Puddle In The Ocean
Old 02-17-2005 , 18:58  
Reply With Quote #1

lol thx 5 days ago.

anyways... figure this out....
my server port keeps being changed. i configured my router to allow incomming connections on the port 27015 and when dedicated server starts and prompts for port # it shows 27015 and i click "start server". the window even shows it being active on port 27015, but when i run a query search it shows my port listed as something else like 59590. ppl still join my server but its fewer than normal because when it is saved in "my favorites" it doesn't work the next day because it changes : /

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my router is only set for 27015 how can it work on 59590?
Iconoclast
Old 02-17-2005 , 19:47  
Reply With Quote #2

dunno, i say just post this as a new topic in offtopic so everybody will see it. get an answer way faster.
-[IR]-Servers | Superhero Mod 24.14.27.156:27015
Fast+Saved+Mercy XP, 14 players max, Custom Heros+Maps, 30 Levels
START AT LVL 4! E-mail [email protected] for buying level/admin details.
Send a message via AIM to Iconoclast Send a message via MSN to Iconoclast
Puddle In The Ocean
Old 02-17-2005 , 19:49  
Reply With Quote #3

i know but ill just delete though i dont have time to wait imma have to solve this one for myself
Iconoclast
Old 02-17-2005 , 20:04  
Reply With Quote #4

i dont think they would delete it... ill even post it for you...
-[IR]-Servers | Superhero Mod 24.14.27.156:27015
Fast+Saved+Mercy XP, 14 players max, Custom Heros+Maps, 30 Levels
START AT LVL 4! E-mail [email protected] for buying level/admin details.
Send a message via AIM to Iconoclast Send a message via MSN to Iconoclast
Alphabet Soup
Old 02-18-2005 , 06:32  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle In The Ocean
lol thx 5 days ago.

anyways... figure this out....
my server port keeps being changed. i configured my router to allow incomming connections on the port 27015 and when dedicated server starts and prompts for port # it shows 27015 and i click "start server". the window even shows it being active on port 27015, but when i run a query search it shows my port listed as something else like 59590. ppl still join my server but its fewer than normal because when it is saved in "my favorites" it doesn't work the next day because it changes : /

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my router is only set for 27015 how can it work on 59590?
Did you fix your prob Pud? HL Servers only use UDP 1200 (used for friends service), UDP 27000 to 27015, and TCP 27020 to 27039. How exactly are you running a "query search"? Do a 'netstat' in a command pompt and verify what port the server is actually using. This sounds like you something from your router is giving you that weird 59590 port.

An since I know you--you're definitely getting less traffic in your server because you're a mean admin that burries, burns, poisons, slaps, rockets and then slays anyone that kills you! hahah
Superhero CS - 216.100.165.90:27010 (Non-Saved XP)
WarCraft CS - 216.100.165.101:27010 (Saved XP)
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 08:52  
Reply With Quote #6

Code:
UDP 27000 to 27015
actually they can use any UDP port you set them to. And yes the retarded port number is probably being given from the router. You must not have your routers port forwarding setup correctly. See if it asks you for an internal and an external port. Make sure you specify only one external port, even if it asks for a range, just put 27015 - 27015
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:16  
Reply With Quote #7

lol alpha nice to c u again man. just like old times huh....

haha i tought about using the clan name .hack// for my server can u imagine that... .hack//Turtle

anyways nah im getting as good traffic as you are. average like 9 or 10 or so on normal days, which is more than i expected at first. now cause of the my ports changing for the past couple of days im getting like 2-3 because no one can save it in favorites : /

and also i didn't install any admin commands except for amx_nukem (which i only have because it looks so dam awsome) - i dont use btw
i had 6 admins on my server but all got striped from their powers for abuse and such... so now its friendly to all. and btw i have a swear filter that i made to block out unwanted discrimination. you should do that too : )

hlguard does everything for me and since the 1 month my servers been up i have yet to ban/kick anyone in the server - only slay because i ask to hold fire when i test my heroes (which is really a pain because no one listens)

but i pretty much based my heros and server around yours - it was so dam good that i didn't want to change much : ) but gj cause u still host my favorite servers ever... i dont even like my server as much as urs cause im forced to save xp in order to attract players : /

anyway i pretty much make my own heros rather than downloading. either that or i fix em to the way i like. 4 days ago i decided to start posting for other ppl to use but i forgot to add the original author after i rewrote them and so i got criticized more than ppl appreciated my work so i decided to kep them to myself now. besides it will just get my server more hits : )

you should try my pikachu man - u thought ur electro wus cool, but u should check mine out : )

and btw u remember a player named Skull in your server? he played last year like 24/7... anyway hes my main admin haha

edit*
---------------------

ok now its gotten weirder i click search for server on steam ("refresh all") and this is wut i get for server info 68.59.105.240:1240
is this only because im viewing it?

and uhhh netstat is giving me something different also lol : /
Puddle In The Ocean
Old 02-21-2005 , 23:39  
Reply With Quote #8

i know thi saint the write place to ask for help but just out of curiosity my isp changed my lan ip to 192.168.0.102 from 192.168.0.104 and i set my router to route all port 27015 connections to my 192.168.0.104 adress. on my router it still shows that but uhh my server works fine and ppl can join it - btw why is that? is there a way it has interpreted the ip change and is now forwarding to 192.168.0.102?
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-21-2005 , 23:55  
Reply With Quote #9

Your isp can't change your comps ip if your behind a router... the router sets it because your computer is asking for an ip... if you want to set your lan ip static, go to:
-Network Connections
-find you NIC right click go to properties
-on the properties window General Page -Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
click on properties
set you ip manually to:
IP address: 192.168.0.104
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: your router ip (same as the one you use to get to the config pages for router)
Prefered DNS server: your router ip
Alternate DNS server: just leave it blank
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Puddle In The Ocean
Old 02-23-2005 , 12:36  
Reply With Quote #10

ok so its the router.... but im on cable and i thought lan and internet ips were to remain constant? i didn't know my comp would ask to change lan ip. hmm maybe it does so every month or something. im just puzzled as to why it still lets people in my server even if its configured for 192.168.0.104 when that ip no longer exists. o well thx for ur help man