Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

databomb
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2013 , 10:19   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
that well known member has been well known to resell my old store even on these forums and he even put my latest store for everyone to download on hlmod.ru... he even went around on steam and sent it to everyone, for proof feel free to ask databomb, he was sent it as well for no reason. he also published a private code of imdawe as his own in his devzones plugin. even if according to gnu/gpl its accepted its still very unethical
I never said who sent it to me, but seeing as how he's already admitted it, then, yes, it was Francisco. Protection schemes like this with mixed open/close licenses are difficult to effectively implement. In this case, the protection implemented was simple and circumventable using only the open code.
Old 11-22-2013 , 10:22   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by databomb View Post
I never said who sent it to me, but seeing as how he's already admitted it, then, yes, it was Francisco. Protection schemes like this with mixed open/close licenses are difficult to effectively implement. In this case, the protection implemented was simple and circumventable using only the open code.
Practically all zeph store plugin is coded in sourcemod plugin, metamod only is use for replace simples functions of sourcemod like "IsPlayerAlive" or "IsClientIngame" and no more, should not be considered a metamod plugin

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-22-2013 , 10:28   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

Legally, as long as the MM:S plugin was not distributed, nothing wrong has been done.

The normal case of anti-circumvention in the DMCA doesn't apply as it is nullified by clauses in the GPL (protecting exactly these circumstances).
Old 11-22-2013 , 11:33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Legally, as long as the MM:S plugin was not distributed, nothing wrong has been done.

The normal case of anti-circumvention in the DMCA doesn't apply as it is nullified by clauses in the GPL (protecting exactly these circumstances).
the metamod plugin was distributed as "curiosity" both in the pastebin and the hlmod.ru topic. btw i dont really care, being such an unethical idiot is a bigger punishment anyway, but such person has no place in a community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
Practically all zeph store plugin is coded in sourcemod plugin, metamod only is use for replace simples functions of sourcemod like "IsPlayerAlive" or "IsClientIngame" and no more, should not be considered a metamod plugin
the method doesnt matter, it was never meant to stop ppl who have the slightest experience in coding. but it doesnt change the fact that what you did was illegal

http://hlmod.ru/forum/plaginy-dlya-s...tore-free.html

the mediafire links have been removed as far as i know, but you can still see that the protected version was published too

btw for ppl who are curious what it was good for: sh*tload of ppl were reselling the old store and more ppl came to me that they got scammed than the number of ppl who were interested in the plugin itself. noone ever was blacklisted from using the store who got it from me, not even the few ppl who admittedly tried to resell it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Does that rule out the GPL for SM?
the sm plugins (at least he didnt make the other 4 or 5 store additions public, only the main one...) and the sm extension are fully open source, only the source code of the metamod plugin was kept "secret". i didnt even strip the binaries, a simple vtable dump on both the sm extension and the mm plugin would reveal what each function does

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 11-22-2013 at 11:56. Reason: learn to use the Multi-Quote button or edit your posts
ZonaGamer
Old 11-22-2013 , 12:02   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

hello alliemoder manager, you could delete this post since only carreado more problems were not coming or story, according to an informed Francisco we not been guilty of such account theft, and as you know francisco apologized to him in my name personally and publicly apologize is wise to go back and ask diculpas francisco, admins if you can delete the post thanks
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2013 , 12:17   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaGamer View Post
hello alliemoder manager, you could delete this post since only carreado more problems were not coming or story, according to an informed Francisco we not been guilty of such account theft, and as you know francisco apologized to him in my name personally and publicly apologize is wise to go back and ask diculpas francisco, admins if you can delete the post thanks
I resolved the problem with zonagamer, that caused the problem is someone who posed for me, I hope that someone lock this Thread

WaffleMaddness
Old 11-22-2013 , 16:09   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

I just want to say, I was scammed by Franciso. I was wanting store for my community, and I was offered by Francisco. i believe if you search in my posts you will have proof of that. I payed him 30$ for store and he sent it to me. He told me to install it like a normal plugin, click and drag. I did this and it did not work. I asked him for help and he simply ignored me. I did this for two weeks and he didn't respond. I soon realized, i was scammed. The next time I bought store, was from Zephyrus himself. He was easy to work with and he helped me step-by-step on how to install the store. He did not scam me and everything is working fine. Every time I have a question he will respond and help me. I strongly advise all the community owners out there too go directly too Zephryus, and not Franciso. Franciso will scam you like he did to me.

Last edited by asherkin; 11-22-2013 at 20:12. Reason: Advertising.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2013 , 17:02   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

I dont sell store plugin xD I said, use alongub store better

Last edited by Franc1sco; 11-22-2013 at 17:03.
BLacking98
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2013 , 18:56   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

Quote:
Yes, and I recognize it, zeph was talking bad about my to people and after people tell me that I do it and It's what I did

I then removed downloads links of it and I apologized

BUT I DONT RESELL IT, I GIVE IT FOR FREE AND I DONT REMOVE CREDITS OF ZEPH
IMO It's even worse to give it out for free then re-selling it, although both ways are unethical.
Old 11-22-2013 , 22:06   Re: ESTAFAA DE Franc1sco franug (SM Scripter)

Quote:
I dont sell store plugin xD I said, use alongub store better
You dont sell the store plguin? Then please give me back my $30 for store that you sold to me.
Closed Thread