Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp

Post New Thread Reply   

Diegorkable
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2012 , 09:28   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
I gave you a link, I guess you did not read it.
I did read it, few times, and there was nothing that I detected which could help me to track a player's activity. with the set_task I can check every few seconds if a player is afk or moving, client_PreThink calls way too much so I dont know how can I use it besides calculating time with get_systime, and the other 2 ways Hawk described were for entities and not used for players, as far as I know.

Auto-Mix (Pug): 100%

Joined the Military (a soldier now) - Inactive
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-25-2012 , 09:52   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #302

So I guess you did not understand really. Use an entity and let it thinking, to avoid the use of set_task with "b" flag.
Old 05-25-2012 , 09:55   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #303

Quote:
So I guess you did not understand really. Use an entity and let it thinking, to avoid the use of set_task with "b" flag.
I tried doing:

register_think("player","callMe")

but it doesn't work.
As well as for FM_Think, it never calls the player classname for some reason.

Arkshine - I need a better explanation of what you want me to do. I understand that you want me to get rid of the set_task that checks if players are AFK, but I couldn't find what "thinking" hooks are good. client_PreThink is called like million times per second and I dont understand why is it more efficient when the task, since its called much more times, register_think on classname "player" doesnt work, and FM_Think never calls the player classname as well. FM_PlayerPreThink is just the same as client_PreThink.
Give me instructions of what to do, because I do not understand.

Last edited by Diegorkable; 05-25-2012 at 10:44.
Arkshine
Old 05-25-2012 , 11:28   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #304

The thing is all is already written on the tutorial. I don't understand why you are so focused on preThink, the tutorial doesn't tell you to use it and why you are hooking player's think, it's also not in the tutorial. Did you really read the tutorial ? It's clearly written what to do to escape "b" flag using an entity. You have even examples. Please read slowly.
Old 05-25-2012 , 11:31   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #305

Quote:
The thing is all is already written on the tutorial. I don't understand why you are so focused on preThink, the tutorial doesn't tell you to use it and why you are hooking player's think, it's also not in the tutorial. Did you really read the tutorial ? It's clearly written what to do to escape "b" flag using an entity. You have even examples. Please read slowly.
Are you sure? This is what's actually written about using entities to escape "b" flag:
Quote:
We could create an ent and make it think in 1 second (which will be covered later), but that not only adds an unnecissary spawn for such a small thing, it also is more unreliable (i.e. the server could crash due to too many ents, or it could be failed to be spawned and the function simply has to end there).
Except THAT, the other examples do not work on the class name of "player", so I really am confused of what you're trying to ask me, please explain me what you mean instead of telling me to read the tutorial again, cuz I really am confused.

EDIT: Wait, I think I understand what you mean, do you want me to create 1 new entitiy, and then make it think every CHECK_FREQ seconds, and call the checkPlayers function in its function?

Last edited by Diegorkable; 05-25-2012 at 11:46.
Arkshine
Old 05-25-2012 , 11:53   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #306

Quote:
EDIT: Wait, I think I understand what you mean, do you want me to create 1 new entitiy, and then make it think every CHECK_FREQ seconds, and call the checkPlayers function in its function?
Yes. You create a timer like does set_task, except here you work with an entity.
Old 05-25-2012 , 12:51   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #307

Quote:
Yes. You create a timer like does set_task, except here you work with an entity.
Okay, working on all of what you stated, will update soon.

cisse3
Old 05-25-2012 , 17:10   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #308

What about these 2 points that i mentioned?

- Create something, not to remove the tags, but for an admin easly change them to what he wants like (CT/T or TEAM-pokemon/TEAM-digimon, etc...)

- Make more variability of the words to one command. e.g. You can be ready to start the game by writing .ready or .add or !add or !ready etc.. To check the score and write .score or !score ........ If you know what i mean.. I already explained this earlier.

EDIT:

Just downloaded the new plugin version and it gives me this error:

http://**************/photo/my-images...otworking.png/

Last edited by cisse3; 05-25-2012 at 17:29.
Diegorkable
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2012 , 18:09   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisse3 View Post
What about these 2 points that i mentioned?

- Create something, not to remove the tags, but for an admin easly change them to what he wants like (CT/T or TEAM-pokemon/TEAM-digimon, etc...)

- Make more variability of the words to one command. e.g. You can be ready to start the game by writing .ready or .add or !add or !ready etc.. To check the score and write .score or !score ........ If you know what i mean.. I already explained this earlier.

EDIT:

Just downloaded the new plugin version and it gives me this error:

http://**************/photo/my-images...otworking.png/
About the team tagging - when I'll make the multillingual system for the Auto Mix plugin I'll have at the .txt a place to put the teams tagging, so you can put whatever you want.

About the error - I really don't know wtf is that, I ran it on my server, is it happening to anyone else? And when is this error popping up? =\

Last edited by Diegorkable; 05-25-2012 at 18:12.
cisse3
Old 05-25-2012 , 20:04   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #310

Its popping up right when i press "Start" to the server.

With the old pimpspug.amxx file the server is ok. With the new one it gives me that error.

I just substitute those files. Didn't do nothing to the server :s