Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp

Post New Thread Reply   

ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2012 , 20:55   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego
How would you, seriously, take care of this issue?
I'd start by taking them seriously. Instead of just immediately blaming the person with the problem, get them to describe the problem in more detail (when does it happen, what are the symptoms, when does it not happen, what other plugins are running, what operating system is it happening on, etc), and then look through your script and see if you can find anything that might possibly be causing the the issue. The fact that you don't even bother to ask one clarifying question and immediately assume it is their fault makes it obvious that you just don't care.

Quote:
nobody reports a crash problem (again, after the last release which you can see at page 17)
Huh? You can see many people reporting many different problems since the last release. All of which you dismiss.
pepe_thugs
Old 05-06-2012 , 06:48   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegorkable View Post
Dude I'm sorry but I don't understand your english that good. When client don't say "!add" it does kick players, if it doesn't kick as I said before he might be bugged and probably appear in the TAB score but not actually inside the server, try to check his ping at the moment.

* About the captains, I really don't know what to tell you man, it never happend to me, It has been tested on more than 10 servers, I can guarentee to you, by 10 people downloading my plugin (on my country) and using it.

* Same for that....

About the suggestion, didn't understand the suggestion because of your english =\
Suggestion:

My suggestion is System of points (like the point system by atomen) who the clients earn points for killing and losing points for dying.
This will helping for the code don't give the players the option to select the team.
The teams would be balanced by points.
You understand me now?

Bug:

Sometimes i have bug in the ends of first part.
The code don't switch the Admins from teams (sometimes).

Sometimes the code doesn't kick the players who don't say "!add" and players who don't move. The code in these parts is not very efficient.

Probably the solution:

When first part is ends, the code kills everybody and switch them from teams.

Quote:
Again, please make sure you have downloaded the latest version.
I have the last version of your plugin.
Sorry for my english but i can't speak in portuguese.
Diegorkable
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2012 , 07:31   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
I'd start by taking them seriously. Instead of just immediately blaming the person with the problem, get them to describe the problem in more detail (when does it happen, what are the symptoms, when does it not happen, what other plugins are running, what operating system is it happening on, etc), and then look through your script and see if you can find anything that might possibly be causing the the issue. The fact that you don't even bother to ask one clarifying question and immediately assume it is their fault makes it obvious that you just don't care.

Huh? You can see many people reporting many different problems since the last release. All of which you dismiss.
God damn it bro. You are talking about reports that never been said. If you're so sure about a report that has been posted (and is not a suggestion, but a report of a bug), please post here a quote and page number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_thugs View Post
Suggestion:

My suggestion is System of points (like the point system by atomen) who the clients earn points for killing and losing points for dying.
This will helping for the code don't give the players the option to select the team.
The teams would be balanced by points.
You understand me now?

Bug:

Sometimes i have bug in the ends of first part.
The code don't switch the Admins from teams (sometimes).

Sometimes the code doesn't kick the players who don't say "!add" and players who don't move. The code in these parts is not very efficient.

Probably the solution:

When first part is ends, the code kills everybody and switch them from teams.

I have the last version of your plugin.
Sorry for my english but i can't speak in portuguese.
I still do not understand your suggestion, what people are going to do with these cookies they earn? I blocked people from picking a team so teams would stay balanced, I don't get how earning cookies have anything to do with picking teams, still I do not understand your english

* About the first bug, the switching teams is done by a simple function, cs_set_user_team, Admins has nothing to do with not being switched. Either if the player is admin or not, his team will be changed. Do you have any other plugins running on your server? Still I doubt there is even a plugin that will stop the admins from changing a team.

* Could you please send me a picture of that? I actually recognized 1 thing in the code that when it gives alerts about time left to type !add it sends the alerts even if the player's not connected, so I added an 'if' to check.

P.S: I'll send you here the new .sma, put the compiled .sma in your server and try it, I added few checkings and also changed few things, tell me if it helps you.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (pimpspug.sma - 367 views - 81.6 KB)

Auto-Mix (Pug): 100%

Joined the Military (a soldier now) - Inactive

Last edited by Diegorkable; 05-06-2012 at 07:36.
cisse3
Old 05-06-2012 , 08:21   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #234

besides what i've mentioned before, can you make a secondary version to change the comands?

e.g.

Instead we write !add, we could write .add

The point is easier for people to press only "." than to press "shift + 1"

Also you could make something to select the team captains when teams are random or the same. This just to select a team captain. In order to this, every team captain could write the command .restart to restart the half if someone of their team is afk or something.. The restart of the half should only work if both captains write .restart

Also you could be more flexible in the command words. You could make .ready , !add , .add , .start , etc etc.. To the function that is to be ready to the game. So that people have more variety to choose what command they want to write to be ready for the match.

If you didn't understand something, tell me
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2012 , 10:24   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #235

Quote:
If you're so sure about a report that has been posted (and is not a suggestion, but a report of a bug), please post here a quote and page number.
Well, if you insist... I'm not sure why I need to, since you responded to all of them, mostly with "It's your fault, not mine."

Post 1 (your reply was basically "you're lying")
Post 2 (and a second person has the same problem). Again, you blamed them for their problems.
Post 4
Post 5
Post 6 (Again, your reply was "it's not happening to me, so it obviously isn't a problem.)
Post 7 (I'm sure everybody can guess what your response was by now)
Post 8
Post 9
Diegorkable
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2012 , 11:10   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #236

Quote:
Well, if you insist... I'm not sure why I need to, since you responded to all of them, mostly with "It's your fault, not mine."

Post 1 (your reply was basically "you're lying")
Post 2 (and a second person has the same problem). Again, you blamed them for their problems.
Post 4
Post 5
Post 6 (Again, your reply was "it's not happening to me, so it obviously isn't a problem.)
Post 7 (I'm sure everybody can guess what your response was by now)
Post 8
Post 9
Okay, no problem.

Post 1 - Learn to read, he asked if the plugin still has the crash bug at knife round, did you see the question mark? Yeah, "Still crash when the knife round ends?" Means a question, I answered him that I fixed it in the new release, no wonder he didn't reply again, I guess it was write, if it would have still crashed for him he would have posted again with the same complaint, which he didn't.

Post 2 -You obviously didnt even bother to read what I replied to him, I told him that the settings of the command are found in the 'amxmodmenu' command, and it should be found there. Reply to Post 2

Post 4 - Nice jump from 2 to 4 btw. Reply to Post 4, and yeah I fixed that you can check.

Post 5 - And you didn't even check 2 posts after (my post + his post reply), again.... - Here

Post 6 - I admit that to this one I said it didn't happen to me, but you must know I said it because a second before Pop0N said it was fixed since he downloaded the last version.

The rest of the posts who relate to pepe_thugs - At first his post weren't comprehensive since his english wasn't so good. He described symptoms of pervious versions which are now fixed such as the crash bug, after the crash bug has been checked on many other servers and seemed to work properly. The last 2 posts of him been useless to you to mention it, since you could clearly see I responded to him with a new .sma to try but you still added these 2 to make it seem like there have been many many complaints about me.

Anyways, I have right now a new version of the plugin I'm testing with some new methods, I'll publish if it'll be a success.

But lets stop this arguement now, and hope the best version that I will upload very soon will be more satisfying.

Last edited by Diegorkable; 05-06-2012 at 13:00.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2012 , 13:32   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #237

Ok, obviously your english is too poor to really even understand what I am saying (though it may just be a general intelligence issue since you didn't understand that the post in between two and four was number three, and you actually keep reiterating my point over and over when trying to defend yourself). I thought I would give you some advice (namely, take people's bugs seriously and stop being a condescending prick), but once again it seems you want to blame everybody around you instead of even looking at the situation and seeing what you can do about it.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 05-06-2012 at 13:41.
Pop0N
Old 05-06-2012 , 16:09   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #238

Great mod, all need to use it!

Last edited by Pop0N; 05-07-2012 at 11:21.
Diegorkable
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2012 , 08:07   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #239

Quote:
Ok, obviously your english is too poor to really even understand what I am saying (though it may just be a general intelligence issue since you didn't understand that the post in between two and four was number three, and you actually keep reiterating my point over and over when trying to defend yourself). I thought I would give you some advice (namely, take people's bugs seriously and stop being a condescending prick), but once again it seems you want to blame everybody around you instead of even looking at the situation and seeing what you can do about it.
Well I do not have to agree with your opinion, the fact I showed to you my replies to people, you completly ignore it, and the fact that you take posts with suggestions as "complaints" is your own problem. Especially when you take bugs that has been fixed. If you still think I'm wrong it's your problem, I don't really care, I've given enough proofs to you, even if this plugin will not get approved still I published something that is sure good and helpful to everybody. There has been no crash bugs reported, and yeah I tested it on more than 10 servers like I said. I can do nothing more about it when people say "yeah sometimes there is crash", because that is not enough information for me to go and check in the code whats the problem, even though I checked, even for people like you Pop0N, I checked the code of the Choosing captains, there is nothing there to make it crash. Just a fact that its been running on 5 servers 24/7 doing mixes all the time and never crashing.

I am probably just not as good as you, ghostofmybrian, to detect a problem when it doesn't even happen at the servers I test.
You are ready to post a screenshot at the time the server crashes, Pop0N, so I know what to do and how to fix it, or even look for the problem you're having.

Cheers.

Last edited by Diegorkable; 05-07-2012 at 08:10.
Diegorkable
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2012 , 13:34   Re: Auto-Mix (Pug) - By: p1Mp
Reply With Quote #240

New version update.

Changelog:

Code:
Code:
v1.1.2 - Improved TK System by giving more warnings to players TeamKilling and giving them "1 more chance" before being able to be voted to ban.
v1.1.2 - Improved TK System, players will not lose their history if they reconnect ('retry') until the change of map ofcourse, so punishment is still available after 'retry's.
v1.1.2 - Fixed the Ace / Mini-Ace Bug, now it will be said to the correct persons.
v1.1.2 - Added a menu to easily change cvar values to enable/disable features on the auto-mix plugin, command: amx_automix_settings (console command || Admin Access Only)
v1.1.2 - Added few more Cvars to have more features on the server, allowing or not allowing things.
v1.1.2 - Added End-Of-Match summative *top players* Ranking of players, can be disabled/enabled by the menu.
Added new some sort of Cvars menu for admins. Console Command: amx_automix_settings
You can have your settings of the plugin set there easily!
Also added the features stated in the Changelog, cheers!

All you need to replace with the new version: pimpspug.amxx
I uploaded the new .sma/.amxx file of pimpspug.
Enjoy!