Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2012 , 14:05   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiilCraZy View Post
I have a problem. So i did every step the manual told me but i get the error
Code:
Please delete the updater directory before using SourceBans
I've deleted the Install Directory. I don't know whats going on?

http://simplicity2g.org/sourcebans/
You need to delete both the 'updater' and 'install' directories - not just one.
lonely_tramp
Old 03-19-2012 , 06:05   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

If you have Russian Translate for SB 1.4.9, please share this.
Если у вас есть русский перевод для SB 1.4.9, пожалуйста поделитесь им.
AcesGamer
Old 03-24-2012 , 00:47   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

I'm getting Error Connecting when I added my server. I ran the debug, and it returned this:

Quote:
[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server 206.217.129.148:27015

[+] Trying to establish UDP connection
[+] UDP connection successfull!
[+] Trying to write to the socket
[+] Successfully requested server info. (That doesn't mean anything on an UDP stream.) Reading...
[-] Error getting server info. Can't read from UDP stream. Port is possibly blocked.

[+] Trying to establish TCP connection
[-] Error connecting #110: Connection timed out
However, I have no clue what to do from there.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-24-2012 , 10:19   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesGamer View Post
I'm getting Error Connecting when I added my server. I ran the debug, and it returned this:

However, I have no clue what to do from there.

You need to contact the host that you're webpage is located and have them open up the port to that IP# and game port 206.217.129.148:27015 both TCP and UDP

Till then you will get this error and will have this problem.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-24-2012 , 13:19   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Peace-Maker, got an interesting issue for you. My SourceBans installation runs fine. Bans are added correctly to the server, new admins / bans added on the web panel are sent to the servers, serverids are assigned to the correct value, and even that sm_debug_connection.php script posted a page or two back says everything is fine.

However, any changes to existing admins are not hashed to the server. Short of deleting and re-creating the admin (which I actually haven't tried due to the annoyance behind it), normal changes are not sent to the servers. o.O
Old 03-24-2012 , 15:51   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Peace-Maker, got an interesting issue for you. My SourceBans installation runs fine. Bans are added correctly to the server, new admins / bans added on the web panel are sent to the servers, serverids are assigned to the correct value, and even that sm_debug_connection.php script posted a page or two back says everything is fine.

However, any changes to existing admins are not hashed to the server. Short of deleting and re-creating the admin (which I actually haven't tried due to the annoyance behind it), normal changes are not sent to the servers. o.O

I've seen this also on a few of my servers that seem to just "forget" what is going on and are in need of a restart - sometimes this one server just forgets who admins are all together.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-24-2012 , 16:29   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Unfortunately, a server reset never resolves this issue for me. I've also had to disable "BackupConfigs" in sourcebans.cfg, otherwise the whole installation goes bonkers and won't load admins/groups correctly. It should be mentioned I've also attempted a reinstall of both server and web panel. I've been fiddling with this issue for over a month; I've run out of ideas.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 03-24-2012 at 16:30.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-24-2012 , 17:35   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Unfortunately, a server reset never resolves this issue for me. I've also had to disable "BackupConfigs" in sourcebans.cfg, otherwise the whole installation goes bonkers and won't load admins/groups correctly. It should be mentioned I've also attempted a reinstall of both server and web panel. I've been fiddling with this issue for over a month; I've run out of ideas.
I had one issue where the sucker kept overriding my admins.cfg and admin_groups.cfg files...I didn't want that I wanted them to be left alone yet the sourcebans still work as needed so I went in and edited the code to make it create a admin_groups1.cfg and an admins1.cfg file instead of over writing the others which solved a issue for me but not sure its the same as what you are dealing with.

Edit: I'll also bring up something that it seems IP# banning is not working. I had a user create another alt account and enter under the same IP# I made sure to go back and apply a IP# ban to ensure this wouldn't happen yet it did. Anyone else having any issues with IP# bans not working?

Last edited by Horsedick; 03-24-2012 at 19:58.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-25-2012 , 00:39   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

After deleting several players with issues and re-creating them, only to notice the issue remained, I had a thought. I wrote a plugin to purge the server of anything admin related, then I shut down the server, deleted all temporary/sqlite files, reinstalled SourceBans, and started the server up. The issuer persisted, and I nearly broke a keyboard. However, I decided to look at the SQL for the 10th time (at least), and found the problem.

SourceBans doesn't (didn't?) properly update the sb_admins_servers_groups table when existing entries have their groups changed. Specifically, the group_id column in the specified table didn't correspond to the gid column within sb_admins. More often than not, the row didn't even exist in the id column for sb_srvgroups. After manually updating more than 3/4s of my entries and rehashing the servers, the players who had problems magically started working again.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 03-25-2012 at 00:59.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 03-25-2012 , 01:54   Re: SourceBans 1.4.9 (Updated 2011/11/18)

Twisted I had this issue before. When you made a change and clicked OK did the change save to the admin_groups.cfg? Because for me it would save there but not make the change in-game. What I did was just use he sm_reloadadmins command in each server and it worked.