8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Weather Control (1.17) [12-Mar-2024]

Post New Thread Reply   

Sev
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2012 , 13:52   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #21

Case you didn't get my PM Silver.

So far I only crashed myself once on c1m2_streets. Far as client side, a friend of a friend crashed 3 times on c1m3_mall.

Regarding your idea of implementing z far clip as a cvar in a new update. I would reccomend it even if its less visually pleasing. At least the option will be there.

That and regarding Hard Rain and Passing. Both storm related campaigns. You said Hard Rain is not effected by this plugin. But does that mean Hard Rain and Passing can't be altered to remove storms and have them as day/night/or heavy fog maps?
alexip121093
Old 05-12-2012 , 17:00   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblades View Post
You don't have to, witha 6-core Amd processor clocked at 3.2 and a GTX460 you telling me I can't handle Left 4 Dead 2 Vanilla let alone with this plugin? Blaming people's PC has nothing to do with it. If you respecfully accept that fact that bad optimization in your part was done, that is a different story, but blaming a user like me with specs like that. Either your plugin is just so damn good it requires a 2000 dollar machine, or its just badly coded that you are too happy about it. Just cause you released 10-20 previous plugins doesn't change the fact that the last plugin you released can have hiccups...

Accepting them, and trying to fix them is the attitude i was expecting, but not this. Yeah, I run l4d at 254 FPS MAX, so I have a shitty pc. :/
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces...h-yao-ming.png
You forgot a thing
Although your computer is god damn good , but L4D2 and srcds are not optimized to use up the full power of your computer.
Old 05-12-2012 , 18:16   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #23

Thank you for your contributions silvers. I have most if not all of your plugins and use them on my server. I added this and tested it last night and it seems to work very well, granted my PC is high end - not sure about others. Will test it tonight.

I am a little confused on how to setup certain things. For example - how would I get lightning to strike all over the ground on the first map of parish (waterfront) for instance?

Is there a way to specify how/where/when lightning strikes and causes fire?

I'm not as experienced in this as you are. I see how certain map names have their own specific details... just trying to learn.

Take care

PC: corei5-2500K 4.5ghz
GTX580
8gb ddr3

Last edited by chatyak; 05-12-2012 at 18:16.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-12-2012 , 20:45   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #24

@darkblades:

The game engine crashes because there are too many things to be rendered, a high poly count, not enough ram allocated for the game etc, it all adds up. Maps with large open areas are more prone to this happening, since they have greater far z-clip values allowing more to be rendered. The rain and probably fog also will affect the number of things rendered hence the engine crash. How am I not accepting that this is the problem?

You bring up shit about screenshots, which is unrelated. I highly doubt this plugin causes lag spikes and random FPS drops. The FPS drop occurs only after round start and when first spawning as mentioned above regarding the map light style. The only other time I could think of which would cause constant low FPS is when the storm has started and is very foggy.

Also where are all these errors you mentioned? I bet you don't have 1 error logged from this plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Grosso View Post
Worked fine on my dedicated Vs server. Silvers a question: if "use_section" is "random" and Random storm selection is "7"; on each map change, the custom storm types will cycle?

Sorry my bad English.
Yeah, each chapter the plugin will randomly select one of the custom storm types from the "7" listed. It may select the same custom settings since the plugin grabs a random number between 1 and 7 (or how ever many sections you have listed and set with the "count" key).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Regarding your idea of implementing z far clip as a cvar in a new update. I would reccomend it even if its less visually pleasing. At least the option will be there.

That and regarding Hard Rain and Passing. Both storm related campaigns. You said Hard Rain is not effected by this plugin. But does that mean Hard Rain and Passing can't be altered to remove storms and have them as day/night/or heavy fog maps?
The far z-clip is something I'll probably add.

You can change the skybox, fog settings, map light style, sun, background color. But a maps default weather such rain, lightning and for example the Hard Rain storm transition, between idle and storm, work as default and cannot be modified. Someone could write a plugin which removes a few logic entities to prevent the default storm doing stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
Thank you for your contributions silvers. I have most if not all of your plugins and use them on my server. I added this and tested it last night and it seems to work very well, granted my PC is high end - not sure about others. Will test it tonight.

I am a little confused on how to setup certain things. For example - how would I get lightning to strike all over the ground on the first map of parish (waterfront) for instance?

Is there a way to specify how/where/when lightning strikes and causes fire?

I'm not as experienced in this as you are. I see how certain map names have their own specific details... just trying to learn.
Thanks.

The lightning will randomly strike within a large area during the storm state (not idle). There is a problem with the trace ray, causing it to hit the skybox, so the lightning strike never makes it to the ground. I tried a few different ways but nothing fixed it.

Fire will be created where lightning hits the ground, if enabled with the "lightning_damage" key. The fire lasts for 5 seconds, but could be made configurable if you want that added.
Old 05-13-2012 , 04:32   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #25

How do I disable the plugin from rendering fog? On c1m1_hotel versus it creates too much fog and people complain(They can't see). Can you make cvars to disable some weather effects?

Last edited by Simca; 05-13-2012 at 04:32.
Silvers
Old 05-13-2012 , 10:03   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post
How do I disable the plugin from rendering fog? On c1m1_hotel versus it creates too much fog and people complain(They can't see). Can you make cvars to disable some weather effects?
It's in the data config, since you did not take the time to read and see how, I won't bother taking the time to explain since you'll probably just not read it.
Old 05-13-2012 , 14:37   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #27

silvers u are the best, i love ur pluggin, i have no problems with this, good job man!!!
my realism expert is now fabulos thanks to u man!!! i cant wait for ur next pluggins!!!
Simca
Old 05-14-2012 , 03:59   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
It's in the data config, since you did not take the time to read and see how, I won't bother taking the time to explain since you'll probably just not read it.
I did read the data config. I set

// 0=Disables creating fog. Set the fog end distance. How far players can see while the weather is idle.
"fog_idle" "0"

// 0=Disables creating fog. Set the fog end distance. How far players can see while the weather is raging.
"fog_storm" "0"

I am Korean and I might not understand sometimes but isn't 0 supposed to disable fog? Also I went down to custom and erased anything related to fog for c1m1_hotel. But it still shows a lot of fog.
Silvers
Old 05-14-2012 , 04:07   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #29

Set those fog values to 0 in the "c1m1_hotel" section, or set the values to something like 5000 and 10000, then you should have no fog.

Last edited by Silvers; 05-14-2012 at 04:07.
Chronic1
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-14-2012 , 18:43   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.0) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #30

Darkblades your pc is junk. Works fine for me 300fps all the time.