Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[Req] L4D2 Customized Tank

Post New Thread Reply   

war450
Old 07-19-2011 , 18:39   [Req] L4D2 Customized Tank
Reply With Quote #1

For the people who have the "Last Boss" Plugin, i really enjoy this plugin it makes the game far more challenging though currently it only roughly works 20% of the time in versus mode.
The Basic idea of this plugin is to make a more challenging Infected tank

I will layout the plugin in a simple format

When the tank is killed the Plugin Should increase the following
hp - speed - punch force

My Suggestion is to multiply the tank's value's by a set amount for the next tank that's going be spawned, this should give a more challenging and tougher tank as the survivors encounter tanks.

So, I'm thinking the cvars should look something like this.

Ctank_deaths (counts tank deaths)
Ctank_multiply_amount 2
Ctank_health 4000
Ctank_punchforce 1500
Ctank_speed 350

how to achieve this, i was thinking on a tank death event it should read the current set health cvar then after tank dies, multiply it after then replace the value with the new value

---
Other then that, i was thinking of the tank should gain ability's after a certain amount of deaths.

=
Left Click Ability's
=

-Low Gravity punch (2 deaths)
hit survivors and they are effected by low gravity into they hit the ground

-Flying Punch (3 deaths)
(side effect slows tank down by 0.3x speed)
When The tank lands a hit on any survivor they will be Thrown Much further

=
Right Click Ability's
=

-Exploding Rock (2 deaths)
When the rock impacts anything it will explode.

-Fire Rock (3 deaths)
Fire particle attached to the rock
Rock Explodes into a inferno dealing both explosive damage and leaving behind a inferno (Molotov type fire)

-Ice Rock (4 deaths (random chance between ice and fire)
A rock with a blue smoke or fire attached, That slows all infected and survivors down in the impact area

-Vortex Rock (5 deaths)
A rock That Creates a small sphere of lighting and sucks in all infected or survivor's in the area dealing no damage though if used correctly could be instant death (falling and such)

-Earthquake rock (5 deaths)
A rock that makes players view shake and makes them fly upward (as if they where charged) in the impact area

=Special Effects=

Color Change
-
After 4 tank deaths, the next 4 tanks will spawn (define up to 6 tank death color changes)
-
Default (0 deaths)
Green, Red, Blue, Orange, Pink, Gold

After 20 deaths it should attach a optional particle effect to the spawned tank

Fire,Smoke,Lighting?...

Yes, i know sounds like a really complicated plugin but if done correctly it will be the best tank plugin available, i already got a basic idea of the config layout and how most of it will interact with the player.

I'm currently looking for some one who will be willing to program this plugin in there free time.

For the coder, i will be willing to make some 1080p Art for them and Give them a Prototype to a 2d game, i have been working on (it has at least 1 new build every week)

*most of what is suggested should be cvars to be able to change any buffs/damage/costs that may be applied.

* the art is a bit dated but it presents one of my better works also this is not 1080p but it's a fair example.

That's all for now, thanks again for reading my request/idea.

Last edited by war450; 07-26-2011 at 05:16.
war450
Old 07-22-2011 , 21:32   Re: [Req] Last Hope (left 4 dead 2)
Reply With Quote #2

Bump >_>

Last edited by war450; 07-26-2011 at 05:06.
war450
Old 07-26-2011 , 05:05   Re: [Req] L4D2 Customized Tank
Reply With Quote #3

simplified idea, should be easier to code now with new layout.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2011 , 05:28   Re: [Req] L4D2 Customized Tank
Reply With Quote #4

First off, not many people will do a plugin for free with either the spare time they have or not, you have to pay them in order to get the job done. I'm not so sure a free game and some art would get people to code a plugin for you. Just my two cents on the matter, sorry if i seem harsh. I'm only trying to give my two cents. Also, bumping your thread is a bad idea as most admins on this site don't approve of that(and bots...and pirates).

As for the plugin, It is possible but i'm no coder. I'm just pointing you in the right path in order to get the plugin created.

Edit: Also, to clarify, the art seems fantastic. Just to point that out, it's good.
war450
Old 07-26-2011 , 06:03   Re: [Req] L4D2 Customized Tank
Reply With Quote #5

Art, i just showcased as one of the options in case people want something incredibly pretty or detailed, Money payment most people would prefer but I'm unsure what the going rate is for coding plugins especially ones like this where coding could take 2-3 days on just coding the ability's.

I can only guess on how long it takes, i only got experience with valve hammer editor and Galaxy code (starcraft 2 version of c#) along with some scripting languages.

if we go by pay by the line method of coding inefficient code or code that is purposely extending it's functions longer then needed could drive up the price, but unknown. I will see how popular high quality art is

Last edited by war450; 07-26-2011 at 06:19.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2011 , 07:43   Re: [Req] L4D2 Customized Tank
Reply With Quote #6

Again, that's my point. If i was to create a mod/plugin, i would want money in order to pay for things like bills or games or something for the lulz. I'm just giving my two cents and saying there's probably not a lot of coders here willing to do this for what you offer even if it is high quality art. It's like offering flowers to a miner who worked a shift. XP

As for how much the plugin goes for, i'd say $30-$40 and up depending on the developer but again, i have no idea.
war450
Old 07-28-2011 , 16:25   Re: [Req] L4D2 Customized Tank
Reply With Quote #7

I'm willing to offer cash though paypal. i was just waiting to see if any one was even interested coding such a plugin, 30-50$ is not bad, if everything gets programed in then it will be more then worth it, though you can preview the progress of the code though youtube videos or your server.

but as you mentioned it is dependent on the developer, i guess i will have to wait to see what people want for this plugin, I will continue to add features (very small changes) and refine the idea in the first post.