Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Requesting a tutorial... how to make script/plugin...

Post New Thread Reply   

Ember
Old 07-08-2008 , 11:28   Requesting a tutorial... how to make script/plugin...
Reply With Quote #1

I couldn't find anything on the basics of making scripts/mods/plugins for Source Games.... I want to learn to make some neat things... but should start with basics cuz looking at a example.sp file is rather confusing.. sure I can figure a few little things out.. but... how it works... is a mystery... as well as how to make it do what I want it to do (and not do anything I don't want it to do.)

If someone could make a real quick, simple to explain script/plugin to use as an example.... that'd be great.

I have one I would like to update and fix so it doesn't have the issues it has in gameplay (For HL2M just in case your wondering) it's a roleplay plugin to give cash per minute, assign jobs and wages for that, buy furniture, weapons and such like that, but there are some issues with it that need fixed, and I don't know where to start to fix them. The creator of the plugin is very busy making his own game apparently and has not responded to anything about it... he also doesn't support tweaked versions (although what I have is his original...trying to tweak to make it work properly)

So lets make a little easy to explain .sp to turn into a working plugin, please.

If you want to know what needs to be done to the plugin, the save feature is a little buggy, it allows item and money duplication rather easily, and I am trying to stop that so exploiters can't do it.

Basically when you withdraw 1000 from the bank, then deposit it, if you reconnect afterward, the 1000 is still on you- and yet added to your bank at the same time. so you can deposit 1000 again- and have 2000 instead of only 1000. Same with items, you can give to a friend/use items, then reconnect, and the items are still on you- as well as given or used. The plugin needs something to save each transaction as it occurs, and make sure the items are properly deleted/removed if used/disposed of/ or given to others.

Here is a link to the RoleplayPlugin we use, and needs a little modification to make it spectacular again http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=68386

Last edited by Ember; 07-08-2008 at 12:04.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 07-09-2008 , 13:51   Re: Requesting a tutorial... how to make script/plugin...
Reply With Quote #2

So you're telling me you couldn't find SourceMod Development?