Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server

Post New Thread Reply   

Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2009 , 19:13   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #11

This plugin kinda exists already as others have stated. They have to type !servers i think, and it pops up a list, and they select one, it tells them the ip, and they press f3 to switch. You cannot redirect them before they join the server though, so there has to be a slot open.
Old 07-29-2009 , 20:41   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #12

I made this mock-up ages ago for Day of Defeat:Source, no idea if it still works and whether it works for other games. I only tested it briefly.
The idea was you can set a number of slots to become redirect slots (like reserved slots). Players in these slots would be continually asked to press F3 to redirect or else they would be kicked. In DoD:S, the plugin closed down class and team menus automatically and forced them into spectator mode. Here are the commands, good luck

sm_redirect_announce - Announces when the server redirects a player. Values 1 to Enable, 0 to Disable. Default = 1.
sm_redirect_server = IP of the server to redirect to. Values an IP address of the server you wish to send the client to in the format ip:port. If you don't set this convar the plugin wont do anything.
sm_redirect_slots = Number of slots to use for redirecting players. Values any integer from 0 onwards. Default 2 (even number to keep the teams balanced). Setting this to 0 also effectively disables the plugin.
sm_redirect_time = Time (in seconds) until a player in a redirect slot is kicked. Values any interget from 0 onwards. Default 35.

Note: Looking back on this code, it may need editting to work properly with reserved slots. It's open to anyone to tinker with.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (redirector.sp - 735 views - 4.2 KB)

Last edited by Wazz; 07-29-2009 at 20:45.
Faust_mateo
Old 07-29-2009 , 22:05   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #13

anyone know of a simple way to redirect players to another server when the server is full?
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2009 , 22:20   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust_mateo View Post
anyone know of a simple way to redirect players to another server when the server is full?
did you not just see the plugin posted above? read man.
Old 07-29-2009 , 23:52   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #15

Is it possible to pop a MOTD redirect on command?

As in have a normal MOTD and when you want to send a player to another server pop the webpage with the redirect link that automatically redirects (Like many of the redirect servers do by default)?

Server Admin / Leader
ClanAO.com
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2009 , 01:35   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #16

that's not too hard. Just steam protocol and a plugin that checks the number of players and if it's above a certain number change the webpage being displayed. It might not display exactly as the motd does but It would work. Once again though, the server would have to have space, it could not be full.
Old 07-30-2009 , 18:17   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda View Post
did you not just see the plugin posted above? read man.

Yup I read it, also read this part

Quote:
no idea if it still works and whether it works for other games
Wazz
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-30-2009 , 18:33   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #18

If it's what you want then give it a try?
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2009 , 20:59   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazz View Post
If it's what you want then give it a try?
^^this
Old 09-29-2010 , 13:43   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazz View Post
I made this mock-up ages ago for Day of Defeat:Source, no idea if it still works and whether it works for other games. I only tested it briefly.
The idea was you can set a number of slots to become redirect slots (like reserved slots). Players in these slots would be continually asked to press F3 to redirect or else they would be kicked. In DoD:S, the plugin closed down class and team menus automatically and forced them into spectator mode. Here are the commands, good luck

sm_redirect_announce - Announces when the server redirects a player. Values 1 to Enable, 0 to Disable. Default = 1.
sm_redirect_server = IP of the server to redirect to. Values an IP address of the server you wish to send the client to in the format ip:port. If you don't set this convar the plugin wont do anything.
sm_redirect_slots = Number of slots to use for redirecting players. Values any integer from 0 onwards. Default 2 (even number to keep the teams balanced). Setting this to 0 also effectively disables the plugin.
sm_redirect_time = Time (in seconds) until a player in a redirect slot is kicked. Values any interget from 0 onwards. Default 35.

Note: Looking back on this code, it may need editting to work properly with reserved slots. It's open to anyone to tinker with.
Waz is this still working after the Orange box update?

Also ... I looked to modify this code to offer redirect
& not kick players from the server.

My friend Kugar modified some of the code in the .sp

Find this:
Code:
    if (client > limit)         {             KickClient(client, "Server is full and you did not redirect");          LogMessage( "\"%L\" was kicked (did not redirect).", client, serverIP );                                 if (GetConVarBool(sm_redirect_announce))                 {              PrintToChatAll("\x04%N \x01was kicked (did not redirect).", client);             }         }          }      return Plugin_Handled;  }
and replace it with this:

Code:
    if (client > limit)      {         LogMessage( "\"%L\" was offered redirect and did not accept.", client, serverIP );         if (GetConVarBool(sm_redirect_announce))         {              PrintToChatAll("\x04%N \x01did not accept redirect. Please accept to allow for expansion.", client);         }      }         return Plugin_Handled;  }