Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server

Post New Thread Reply   

Zalaxy
Old 04-03-2008 , 10:33   [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #1

Hello I was hoping this would be possible.

I was hoping that a plugin so that it would make players connect to a secondary server if a server would be full.

For example My clan has a few servers and we have numbers by each server. So say one day SKC Clan server 1 is full. So someone trys to connect to the server would it be possible to send that player to SKC clan server 2?

I thought this would fall out of the ranch of sourcemod and would land more in the realms of steam per-say but It never hurts to ask . Maybe it could even send other players to server 2 via sourcemod. Would something like that be possible?

Anyways thank you everyone for reading my request.

SixSicSix
Old 04-03-2008 , 11:25   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #2

I think everyone in the world wants this one

+1, I'd love to see this, I need it really bad :[

edit: It may be possible with metamod...try asking in its forum too
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2008 , 11:54   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #3

It used to be 100% possible before Valve blocked most client commands from being executed by the server. The most you can do now is display a message that says something like "This server is trying to forward you to 100.233.123.111. Press f3 to accept."
Phoenix2
Old 06-09-2008 , 03:38   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #4

Ya, so why not code a plugin that tells the last connected player who joined a full server that it was full and that they need to be redirected to a different server.

I could use something like this because my servers' IP addresses change frequently and usually when we change hosts the old server is still online for some time. In this cause a plugin that asks players to rejoin the new server would be nice.

I know that there is a plugin like this for AMX, but not for SourceMod. Can it be done? I believe so. I hope it will!

P2
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-10-2008 , 05:22   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #5

It's possible, but like L. Duke said, they get a prompt. And if they bound anything else to F3, they wont even be able to choose "yes". This is using "DisplayAskConnectBox".

I made a little proof of concept plugin that lets you do "sm_redirect <name> <ip>" if you want to see what it looks like to the end user. I only run TF2 servers, so I tried this on mine, I have F3 bound to something else, and I don't even have any option to say "yes" to it.
Attached is the screenshot, and the plugin source.

This is basically to demonstrate how lame it is, and if someone can even concieve of a way to make it more friendly to the end user, not requiring them to keep a key bound to "askconnect_accept", then I'd love to hear it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	redirect.png
Views:	1254
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	27557  
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (rat-redirect.sp - 1414 views - 987 Bytes)

Last edited by ratty; 06-10-2008 at 05:24.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-10-2008 , 23:32   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #6

I have a plugin on my server where it allows people to redirect to the other servers I host. I just have it pop up the box and in chat it says something like "Bind a key to askconnect_accept to accept the redirection".
xbatista
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2008 , 07:50   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #7

And please fix the bug when player is connecting to full server and when he have slot he too redirects to another!!!
Do please when player have slot he gets to normal 1-st server
Send a message via Skype™ to xbatista
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 06-13-2008 , 17:43   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbatista View Post
And please fix the bug when player is connecting to full server and when he have slot he too redirects to another!!!
Do please when player have slot he gets to normal 1-st server
No please don't, valve removed this ability for a reason, spammy bot filled servers as pure redirections servers that spoiled the environment for every sensible server admin and normal gamer.

Matt
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-14-2008 , 18:39   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #9

I'd be happy if it was just "press Y to accept" no matter what you have bound, as-is it is useless. Oh well, life goes on.
Faust_mateo
Old 07-29-2009 , 15:04   Re: [TF2]When Server Full Redirect players to another server
Reply With Quote #10

any progress on this request?

A server redirect for a full server especially when someone gets bumped because of a reserved slot would be awesome.