Spectator ESP (14 February)

Post New Thread Reply   

Knagg0
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-09-2006 , 06:15  
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippK
right... furthermore - is it possible to expand the planned cvar by adding an option to use the admin-wallhack-cheat also when alive??
no!
BORG_Sandman
Old 06-09-2006 , 06:23  
Reply With Quote #32

Right, but the Plugin is nowhere shown. With Manis "givecash" a message is displayed for example. So you can´t see if someone is using this plugin to cheat. (when only active in spectator you have a clou at least)

Don´t get me wrong, a message which says someone is using THIS Plugin at the moment would surely be wrong.

But a CVAR for HLSW would be nice. So you can decide if you want to play on this server or not. Perhaps this even prevents "Wallhackers" to join your Server.

---

Schon richtig, aber da das Plugin IMHO berechtigterweise nirgends angezeigt wird (bei givecash von Mani stehts z.B. ingame (admin gave cash to...)) kann man nicht nachvollziehen ob da jemand bescheisst.
Man kann ja auch nicht davon ausgehen das jeder Serveradmin ein "echter Admin" ist ;)

Ne Nachricht das jemand DIESES plugin benutzt ist aber logischerweise kontraproduktiv. Jeder würde seinen hack direkt deaktivieren. Also bitte nicht falsch verstehen ^^

Bei uns am Server stellt das kein Problem dar, da keiner unserer Admins in Versuchung kommen würde das auszunutzen.
Denke nur an andere unbekannte Server wo ich ab und zu mal reinschaue um "andere Luft" zu schnuppern.

Sinnvoll wäre dann auf jeden Fall ne CVAR für HLSW um zu sehen ob das Plugin installiert ist. Dann kann man selbst entscheiden ob man auf dem Server zockt oder nicht. Evtl. kommen dann auch weniger Wallhacker auf den eigenen Server. Präventiv sozusagen ;)

Auf jeden Fall ein geniales Plugin.
War nur überrascht das es auch Ingame funzt.
Old 06-09-2006 , 06:23  
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippK
right... furthermore - is it possible to expand the planned cvar by adding an option to use the admin-wallhack-cheat also when alive??

Sure.. Edit the Sources yourself ;)
Old 06-09-2006 , 06:38  
Reply With Quote #34

There is a cvar that is shown in hlsw: esp_version ;)
BORG_Sandman
Old 06-09-2006 , 06:40  
Reply With Quote #35

Oh.. haven´t nocticed. Sorry
Old 06-09-2006 , 06:50  
Reply With Quote #36

I will add esp_spec_only which you can see in hlsw too.
So you don't have to join the server if you think the admins "cheat" with teamspeak if they are dead ;)
BORG_Sandman
Old 06-09-2006 , 07:48  
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knagg0
I will add esp_spec_only which you can see in hlsw too.
So you don't have to join the server if you think the admins "cheat" with teamspeak if they are dead ;)
Perfect ;)
Old 06-09-2006 , 09:46  
Reply With Quote #38

LOL,

i dont think that users should know what a admin has tools for ...

... also die Player gehts nix an was nen Admin macht. So kann doch erst nen miesen Cheater aufm Leim gehen!

btw: one detected and BANNED
Old 06-09-2006 , 10:44  
Reply With Quote #39

Sure, but when I connect to another server than ours I don´t know the admins there.
This Plugin is a really nice thing for recognising cheaters. But could also be used as a "legal cheat" for the admins.

If you play and someone stays as an spectator you know that there "could" be someone who tells his mates about your position. With this Plugin active during the deathtime you won´t.

So I for myself wants to know who and when could use it when I play on an unknown server. Ok, most players don´t care about the active plugins and don´t know what is possible. But as an serveradmin you know what can be done.

So the additional CVAR for HLSW would be enough.. for me ;)

btw. If you were hacking and see that this Plugin is active, would you connect to this server anymore? ;)

---

Klar, aber wenn ich auf einen unbekannten Server gehe kenn ich die Admins da nicht.
Das Plugin ist genial um Wallhacker ausfindig zu machen, kann aber auch als "legaler Cheat" für Admins misbraucht werden.

Wenn Du spielst und die ganze Zeit ist einer im Spec weisst Du das er deine Position an sein Team weitergeben "könnte". Wenn dieses Plugin aktiv ist während der normalen Deathtime hast du keinen Schimmer.

Ich möchte schon wissen ob das jemand ausnutzen könnte wenn ich auf den Server connecte. Die meisten Spieler haben ja keine Ahnung was möglich ist, folglich ist es ihnen egal. Aber als Serveradmin der dieses Tool selbst einsetzt weiss man was geht.

Für mich reicht also die zusätzliche CVAR für HLSW.

Mal so nebenbei.. Wenn Du cheaten würdest und siehst das das Plugin aktiv ist, würdest Du dann überhaupt noch auf den Server connecten wollen? ;)
Old 06-09-2006 , 10:53  
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORG_Sandman
Mal so nebenbei.. Wenn Du cheaten würdest und siehst das das Plugin aktiv ist, würdest Du dann überhaupt noch auf den Server connecten wollen? ;)
Schon ein Argument... aber es gibt ja dreiste Cheater !

PS: bei der nächsten ZGS Lan dabei *gg* wir können net...